Your new dryer
Congratulations - You have chosen a modern, high-quality Siemens
for domestic use only,
only to be used for drying fabrics that have been
The condensation dryer with heat exchanger and automatic cleaning
washed with water.
function is outstanding in terms of efficient energy consumption and
low maintenance requirements.
Every dryer which leaves our factory is carefully checked to ensure
Do not leave children unsupervised near the dryer.
that it functions correctly and is in perfect condition.
Keep pets away from the dryer.
Should you have any questions, our after-sales service will be pleased
Disposal in an environmentally-responsible manner
Dispose of packaging in an environmentally-responsible manner.
This appliance is labelled in accordance with the European
2002/96/EC on waste electrical and electronic
equipment - WEEE.
The guideline provides an EU-wide framework for the return and
recycling of old appliances.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
Display of max. loading
capacity for programme selected
Setting the programmes . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3/4
Notes on laundry . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5
Maintenance and cleaning . . . . . . . . . . . 6
Overview of programmes . . . . . . . . . . . . 7
Installation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8
Frost protection/transport . . . . . . . . . . . . 8
Technical data . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9
Optional accessories . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9
What to do if... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10
Safety instructions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11
For selecting the settings.
To change all settings in the display panel.
1 -24 hrs
End of the programme following... (depending on the programme selected,
Electronic start timer
e.g. duration 1:54h -> 2h; the nearest whole hour is always selected).
0, 1, 2, 3
Signal volume selectable in four stages: 0 (off), 1 (quiet), 2 (normal), 3 (loud). Signal
Protection against accidental adjustment of functions that have been set (hold menu button down for
0, 1, 2, 3
Fine adjustment of degree of dryness, selectable in four stages for resistentes algod. (Whites/
Degree of dryness
coloureds), sintéticos (Easy-care), mix and express 40 min (Extra short 40 min): 0 (low) - 3 (very
Speed at which the washing machine was spun;
only used if the anticipated drying time needs to be displayed more accurately.
installation, see Page 8
Never start the dryer if it is damaged!
Inform your after-sales service.
Make sure your hands are dry.
Hold the plug only.
Drum interior light
Sorting and loading laundry
Remove all items from pockets.
Check for cigarette lighters.
The drum must be empty prior to loading.
Selecting and adjusting the programme
Select the drying programme ...
... and adapt to individual requirements
See programme overview -> Page 7
All buttons are sensitive and only
need to be touched lightly.
Press the Start/Stop button
Only operate the dryer with
the fluff filter inserted!
Reduced temperature for delicate fabrics
that require a
longer drying time; e.g. for polyacrylics, polyamide, elastane or
Reduces creasing and extends the anti-creasing phase once
the program has ended; two settings available.
Programme sequence displays:
drying, iron dry, cupboard dry, slackening/ready.
Clean fluff filter.
Empty the condensation container.
Do not pull out/empty the condensation container
when drying is in progress!
Empty container after each drying operation, and not when drying is in
Pull out condensation container keeping it horizontal.
Pour out condensation.
Always push container in fully until it clicks into place.
flashes in the display panel -> Page 6/10.
Cleaning the fluff filter
Clean the fluff filter after each drying operation.
Open the door, then pull out and fold open the fluff filter.
Remove the fluff (by wiping the filter with your hand).
If the fluff filter is very dirty or blocked, rinse with warm water and dry
Close and reinsert the fluff filter.
Remove fluff from door/door area.
Switching off the dryer
Turn the programme selector to Ο stop (Off).
Do not leave laundry in the dryer.
Removing the laundry
Your dryer is equipped with an automatic anti-crease function. The drum is moved at specific time intervals
for 30 minutes once the programme has ended. The laundry stays loose and fluffy (60 or 120 minutes if
menos (Easy iron) function is selected).
The programme has ended
lights up in the display panel.
to load/unload laundry.
The drying operation can be interrupted briefly to load or unload laundry. The programme selected
must then be resumed and completed.
Never switch the dryer off before
the drying process has ended.
Open door, the drying process is interrupted.
Load or remove laundry and close door.
If required, select a new programme and additional functions.
Press the inicio/stop (Start/Stop) button.
Information on laundry ...
Care and cleaning
Labelling of fabrics
Follow the manufacturer's care information.
Drying at normal temperature.
Drying at low temperature -> also select °C delicado (Low heat).
Do not machine dry.
Observe safety instructions without fail -> Page 11!
Do not tumble-dry the following fabrics for example:
– Impermeable fabrics (e.g. rubber-coated fabrics).
– Delicate materials (silk or curtains made from synthetic material) -> they may crease
– Laundry contaminated with oil.
– To ensure a consistent result, sort the laundry by fabric type and drying programme.
– Always dry very small items (e.g. baby socks) together with large items of laundry (e.g.
1. Pull out the condensation container.
– Fold up large items of laundry (bed sheets) before drying.
– Close zips, hooks and eyelets, and button up covers.
Tie fabric belts, apron strings, etc. together
– Do not over-dry easy-care laundry -> risk of creasing!
Allow laundry to finish drying in the air.
– Do not dry woolens in the dryer, only use to freshen them up -> Page 7, acabado lana/lã
2. Twist the filter to release it from the catch.
(Woolens Finish) Programme.
– Do not iron laundry immediately after drying, fold items up and leave for a while -> the
remaining moisture will then be distributed evenly.
– Machine-knitted fabrics (e.g. T-shirts or jerseys) often shrink the first time they are dried ->
do not use the extra seco (extra dry) programme.
– Starched laundry is not always suitable for dryers -> starch leaves behind a coating that
adversely affects the drying operation.
3. Clean the filter under a continuously-running stream of water.
– Use the correct dosage of fabric softener as per the manufacturer's instructions when
washing the laundry to be dried.
– Use the timer programme for small loads -> this improves the drying result.
Environmental protection/energy-saving tips
– Before drying, spin the laundry thoroughly in the washing machine -> the higher the spin
speed the shorter the drying time will be (consumes less energy), also spin easy-care
4. Insert the filter and turn it until the limit stop is reached.
– Put in, but do not exceed, the maximum recommended quantity of laundry ->
programme overview -> Page 7.
5. Slide in the condensation container until it clicks into place.
– Make sure the room is well ventilated during drying.
– Do obstruct or seal up the air inlet.
1. Open the door.
2. Clean the moisture sensors with a damp scouring sponge.
Only when switched off!
The heat exchanger of the dryer is cleaned automatically when drying is in progress,
Cln appears in the display panel. Do not pull the condensation container out during the
Dryer housing, control panel, air inlet
– Wipe off with a soft, damp cloth.
– Do not use caustic cleaning agents and solvents.
– Remove detergent and cleaning agent residue immediately.
– Water may occasionally accumulate between the window and the seal.
This does not impair the functions of your dryer in any way.
Filter in condensation container
The filter is cleaned automatically when the condensation container is emptied. Cleaning is
only required if the symbol
flashes again in the display panel once the condensation
container has been emptied.
Only operate the dryer with the filter inserted!
The dryer is equipped with stainless steel moisture sensors. Moisture sensors measure the
moisture level of the laundry. After sustained, repeated operation, a fine layer of scale may
form on the moisture sensors.
Do not use steel wool or or abrasive materials!