6162 SERIES KEYPAD PROGRAMMING SUPPLEMENT
The 6162 series of keypads (6162, 6162V, 6162RF) provide the following features when used with control panels
having the firmware revisions listed below:
• Menu Mode Programming for easy programming of options typically used in a basic installation. See menu
Mode Programming section for details.
• Menu-Based User Code Programming to easily manage system users. The master user can do the following:
- add new users and user codes
- delete users
- assign user attributes, including authority level, access group, partition, and RF user number
Refer to the user guide included with the keypad for details on using menu-based user code programming.
Menu Mode Programming with 6162 Series Keypads
Menu mode programming provides easy programming of the following options:
• Entry of accounts and phone numbers
• Enabling various reports
• Setting entry & exit delays
• Setting alarm & fire sounder timeouts
• Assigning the Installer code
• Enabling the Auto-Stay feature
• Programming zone attributes
Navigation Keys for Menu Mode Programming
Enter and exit
Advance to the next page.
Advance to the next field. If at the
[∗ ∗ ∗ ∗ ]
last field on a page, it advances to
the next page.
Goes to the previous field. If at the
first field, goes to the previous page.
To enter menu mode programming:
1. Enter panel programming mode (installer code + 800).
2. Press and hold the Settings key for 2 seconds
The word "communicating" appears briefly, then the first page of programming options appears.
Menu mode programming consists of seven (7) pages of menus as follows:
Phone Number & Account Number Programming
Reporting Options (alarm restore, trouble, bypass, AC loss, low battery, test, RF low battery)
System Reports (RF jam, cancel, event log full, exit error, open, close away, close stay)
Timing & Miscellaneous Options (exit/entry delays, alarm sounder timeout, fire alarm sound timeout, installer
code, auto-stay enable)
Zone Number (prompt to begin zone programming)
Zone Programming (zone type, report enable, partition, input type, serial number, response time, hardwire type,
Quit Menu Mode Programming
Menu mode programming is supported by the following
controls having the listed or higher firmware revision levels:
(ENTER MENU MODE
Firmware Rev. Level