IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS (continued)
23) Do not allow the product to output distorted sound for an extended period of time. It may cause speaker overheating
24) This reminder is provided to call the cable TV system installer's attention to Article 820-40 of the NEC that provides
guidelines for proper grounding and, in particular, specifies that the cable ground shall be connected to the grounding
system of the building, as close to the point of cable entry as practical.
25) The mains plug is used as the disconnect and shall remain readily operable.
Moisture will form in the operating section of the unit if the unit is brought from cool surroundings into a warm room or if the temperature
of the room rises suddenly. When this happens, unit's performance will be impaired. To prevent this, let the unit stand in its new
surroundings for about an hour before switching it on, or make sure that the room temperature rises gradually.
Condensation may also form during the summer if the unit is exposed to the breeze from an air conditioner. In such cases, change the
location of the unit.
HOW TO HANDLE THE LCD PANEL
• Do not press hard or jolt the LCD panel. It may cause the LCD panel glass to break and injury may occur.
• If the LCD panel is broken, make absolutely sure that you do not touch the liquid in the panel. This may cause skin inflammation.
If the liquid gets in your mouth, immediately gargle and consult with your doctor. Also, if the liquid gets in your eyes or touches your
skin, consult with your doctor after rinsing for at least 15 minutes or longer in clean water.
Possible Adverse Effects on LCD Panel: If a fixed (non-moving) pattern remains on the LCD Panel for long periods of time, the image
can become permanently engrained in the LCD Panel and cause subtle but permanent ghost images. This type of damage is NOT
COVERED BY YOUR WARRANTY. Never leave your LCD Panel on for long periods of time while it is displaying the following formats or
• Fixed Images, such as stock tickers, video game patterns, TV station logos, and websites.
• Special Formats that do not use the entire screen. For example, viewing letterbox style (16:9) media on a normal (4:3) display (black
bars at top and bottom of screen); or viewing normal style (4:3) media on a widescreen (16:9) display (black bars on left and right
sides of screen).
The following symptoms are not signs of malfunction but technical limitation. Therefore we disclaim any responsibility for
• LCD Panels are manufactured using an extremely high level of precision technology, however sometimes parts of the screen may be
missing picture elements or have luminous spots.
• Do not install the LCD Panel near electronic equipment that produces electromagnetic waves. Some equipment placed too near this
unit may cause interference.
• Effect on infrared devices – There may be interference while using infrared devices such as infrared cordless headphones.
This television is designed to operate on 120 volts 60 Hz, AC current. Insert the power cord into a 120 volts 60 Hz outlet.
To prevent electric shock, do not use the television's (AC) plug with an extension cord, receptacle, or other outlet unless the blades
can be fully inserted to prevent blade exposure.
Never connect the television to 50 Hz, direct current, or anything other than the specified voltage.
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture.
Never remove the back cover of the television as this can expose you to very high voltages and other hazards. If the television does
not operate properly, unplug the television and call your authorized dealer or service center.
Adjust only those controls that are covered in the instructions, as improper changes or modifications not expressly approved by
Hitachi could void the user's warranty.
Declaration of Conformity
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference and (2)This device must accept any interference received, including interference that
may cause undesired operation.
For questions regarding this declaration, contact:
Hitachi America, Ltd.
2420 Fenton Street, Suite 200
Chula Vista, CA 91914-3556
Tel: 800.HITACHI (800.448.2244)
ATTN: Customer Relations