PLEASE READ AND SAVE THIS USE AND CARE BOOK.
When using electrical appliances, always follow basic safety precautions to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
• Do not use appliance for other than
• Close supervision is necessary when any
appliance is being used by or near children.
• Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or
• Keep lid on the carafe during the brewing
cycle. Scalding may occur if it is removed.
• To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock:
• Do not let cord hang over edge of table
or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
• Do not place on or near a hot gas or
electric burner or in a heated oven.
• Do not mount this unit over or near any
portion of a heating or cooking appliance.
• Do not place any heating or cooking
appliance beneath this appliance.
• Do not store anything directly on top of
the appliance surface.
• Do not immerse cord, plugs or appliance
in water or other liquid.
• Do not mount over a sink.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This product is for household use only.
As a safety feature, this product is equipped
with a grounded plug, which will only fit into
a three-prong outlet. Improper connection of
the grounding conductor may result in the
risk of electric shock. Consult a qualified elec-
trician if you are unsure whether the outlet is
A tamper-resistant screw secures the outer
cover. To reduce the risk of fire or electric
shock, do not attempt to remove this screw or
the outer cover. There are no user-serviceable
parts inside. Repairs should be completed by
authorized service personnel only.
• The use of accessory attachments not
recommended by the manufacturer may
result in fire, electrical shock or other injury.
• Unplug from outlet when not in use and
before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting
on or taking off parts.
• To disconnect, turn all controls to OFF, then
remove plug from wall outlet.
• Do not use outdoors.
• This appliance is not intended for use by
persons (including children) with reduced
physical, sensory or mental capabilities,
or lack of experience and knowledge,
unless they have been given supervision or
instruction concerning use of the appliance
by a person responsible for their safety.
• Do not operate any appliance with
a damaged cord or plug or after the
appliance malfunctions, has been dropped,
or damaged in any manner. Call the
appropriate toll-free number listed in this
1) A short power-supply cord is provided to
reduce the risk resulting from becoming
entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
2) Longer detachable power-supply cords or
extension cords are available and may be
used if care is exercised in their use.
3) If a long detachable power-supply cord or
extension cord is used:
a) The marked electrical rating of the exten-
sion cord should be at least as great as
the electrical rating of the appliance,
b) If the appliance is of the grounded type,
the extension cord should be a ground-
ing-type 3-wire cord, and
c) The longer cord should be arranged so
that it will not drape over the countertop
or tabletop where it can be pulled on by
children or tripped over.