™ The Easy to Use Deep Cleaner Congratulations on your purchase ™ SteamVac SpinScrub cleaners have 6 rotating brushes that deep clean carpets and scrub bare floors! SteamVac™ SpinScrub™ Deep Cleaner cleans carpet fibers by applying hot tap water and cleaning solution.
• Use extra care when cleaning on stairs. Do not place deep cleaner on stairs. • Use deep cleaner only for its intended use as described in the instructions. • Use only attachments recommended by The Hoover Company; others may cause hazards.
Grounding Instructions This appliance must be grounded. If it should malfunction or breakdown, grounding provides a path of least resis- tance for electrical current to reduce the risk of electric shock. This appliance is equipped with a cord having an equip- ment-grounding conductor (C) and grounding plug (A).
The assembled cleaner will look like this drawing. Attach hose holder Position hose holder (B) onto handle by matching tabs on rack with openings on back of handle. Make sure holes for bolts are aligned. Replace clean solution tank (upper tank) by positioning bottom first.
1-10 Press cord into cord clip on back of handle. Pull cord tight and wrap cord around hooks (A2). 1 - 1 3 Slide crevice tool (I) into holder. Position stair/upholstery nozzle in holder at base of cleaner and snap it into place as shown at arrow.
2. How to use Deep Cleaner Description Operate deep cleaner only at voltage specified on data plate on back of cleaner. Plug deep cleaner into a properly grounded outlet. ON/OFF pedal & Handle release pedal Step on pedal (A) to turn deep cleaner on.
Do not use without float and float retainer in place. If broken or dis- lodged, take to an Authorized Hoover Service Center or Dealer for repair. MAX Extract™ feature The ‘MAX Extract’ lights tell you two things.
For carpet, carpeted stairs and uphol- stery: Fill cap to fill line (5 ounces) with HOOVER C a r p e t / U p h o l s t e ry Deterge n t . For bare floors :...
3. How to clean Before you begin cleaning a. Vacuum thoroughly - For carpet, use a HOOVER vacuum cleaner with an agi- tator for best results. Vacuum upholstery with a vacuum cleaner with cleaning tool attachments. Use a crevice tool to reach into tufts and folds.
Carpet Cleaning Read “Before you begin cleaning” instructions on page 9. 1. Fill clean solution tank (upper tank) with HOOVER Carpet/Upholstery Detergent according to instructions for Figs. 2-9 to 2-15. 2. Move speed selector to LO for gen- tle cleaning or Hl for normal cleaning.
9. Do not use the deep cleaner on hard- wood floors. 1. Fill clean solution tank with HOOVER Bare Floor Cleaner according to instruc- tions for Figs. 2-9 to 2-15. Do not use any type of wax with your deep cleaner.
If no surface change is visible, continue to use as described below. 1. Fill clean solution tank with HOOVER Bare Floor Cleaner according to instruc- tions for Figs. 2-9 to 2-15. 2. Hold scrub tool above area to be cleaned and press trigger to dispense solution.
W h e re to buy Bulbs may be purchased from authorized Hoover dealers (Depot), Hoover Factory S e rvice Centers, or through The Hoover Company online at www. h o o v e r. c o m . 3-17 Make additional strokes without pressing the trigger to remove more moisture.
2. Pull old bulb straight out of socket. 3. Push new bulb straight into socket until locked into place. Excessive fo rce is not required. Reposition lens and secure with scre w. Grasp inner portion of brush (A) and pull brush assembly out slightly to reveal latches (B).
Full One Year Warranty (Domestic Use) Your HOOVER® appliance is warr a n t e d in normal household use, in accord a n c e with the Owner’s Manual against original defects in material and workmanship for a period of one full year from date of p u rchase.