• Children should not be left unattended while
the fan is in use.
• It is not recommended that this product is
used by children.
• Never leave the appliance unattended when
• Switch off and remove the plug from the
socket before leaving the appliance
unattended and before changing, cleaning or
inspecting any parts of the appliance.
• When not in use, the appliance should be
stored in a dry place. Children should not
have access to stored appliances.
Inspection and repairs
• Switch off the appliance before cleaning,
changing accessories or approaching parts
which move in use.
• Always allow the motor to stop turning before
removing any cover or accessory
• Before use, check the appliance for
damaged or defective parts. Check for
breakage of parts, damage to switches and
any other conditions that may affect its
• Do not use the appliance if any part is
damaged or defective.
• Have any damaged or defective parts
repaired or replaced by an authorised repair
• Before use, check the power supply cord for
signs of damage, ageing and wear.
• Do not use the appliance if the power supply
cord or mains plug is damaged or defective.
• If the power supply cord or mains plug is
damaged or defective it must be repaired by
an authorised repair agent in order to avoid a
hazard. Do not cut the power supply cord and
do not attempt to repair it yourself.
• Never attempt to remove or replace any parts
other than those speciﬁed in this manual.
• Do not attempt to repair the appliance. Take it
to your nearest Black & Decker owned or
authorised Service Centre for repair.
• Ensure that he fan is switched off and
disconnected from the mains supply before
removing the guard.
Before use check that the mains voltage
corresponds to the voltage on the rating plate.
This appliance is double insulated in
accordance with EN 60335; therefore
no earth wire is required.
• To avoid the risk of electric shock, do not
immerse the cord, plug or motor unit in water
or other liquid.
• Check that the supply voltage shown on the
rating plate of the appliance matches that of
your electrical system. Any connection error
will invalidate the guarantee.
Mains plug replacement
If a new mains plug needs to be ﬁtted:
• Safely dispose of the old plug.
• Connect the brown lead to the live terminal of
the new plug.
• Connect the blue lead to the neutral terminal.