C A R E
n Check for drive tire wear. See an your authorized Pride provider for replacement.
n Check the rear casters for wear. Replace them as necessary.
n Check the rear forks for damage or fluttering which indicates that they may need to be adjusted or have the
bearings replaced. See an your authorized Pride provider for repair.
n Keep your Jet 2 clean and free of foreign material, such as mud, dirt, hair, food, and drink.
Take your Jet 2 to an authorized Pride provider for yearly maintenance. This helps ensure that your Jet 2 is
functioning properly and helps prevent future complications.
Your power chair should be stored in a dry place, free from temperature extremes. When storing, disconnect
the batteries from the Jet 2. See IX. Batteries and Charging.
WARNING! If you fail to store the unit properly, the frame can rust and the electronics can be
CAUTION! Never hose off your Jet 2 or place it in direct contact with water. Your Jet 2 has a clear-
coated, ABS plastic body shroud that allows it to be easily wiped clean with a damp cloth.
CAUTION! Never use any chemicals to clean a vinyl seat, as they may cause the seat to become
slippery or dry out and crack. Use soapy water and dry the seat thoroughly.
Your power chair may be equipped with either pneumatic or solid tires. If you have pneumatic tires and you have
a flat tire, you can replace the tube. If your chair is equipped with a solid tire insert, then you must replace the whole
wheel assembly. Replacement tires, tubes, and wheel assemblies are readily available through your authorized
WARNING! To avoid possible injury, be sure that the controllers power is turned off and the power
chair is not in freewheel mode before performing this procedure.
WARNING! Completely deflate the tire before attempting repair.
Follow these easy steps for a quick and safe wheel replacement:
1. Place blocks under the power base frame for support.
2. Use a 5/32-in. hex key to remove the hub cap. See figure 25.
3. Use an 11/16-in. wrench to remove the drive wheel nut from the center hub of the wheel. See figure 26.
4. Pull the wheel assembly off of the axle.
5. Replace the tire tube (if pneumatic.)
6. Slide the wheel assembly back onto the axle.
7. Install the drive wheel nut into the center hub and tighten.
8. Install the hubcap.
8. Use a regulated air supply and inflate the tire to 30-35 psi (if pneumatic.)
A N D
M A I N T E N A N C E
Jet 2/Rev F/Feb03