Precautions for Use
Operation and storage conditions
Avoid using or storing the drive in a hot or
humid location, or where it might be subject
to severe vibration or direct sunlight.
• Please repack the drive in its original
carton when shipping by itself.
• If the drive is to be shipped while installed
in a PC, remove any disc beforehand.
Avoiding condensation problems
As much as possible, avoid sudden
temperature changes. Do not attempt to use
the drive immediately after moving it from a
cold to a warm location, or raising the room
temperature suddenly, as condensation may
form within the drive. If the temperature
changes suddenly while using the drive, stop
using it but keep the power on for at least an
• Handle discs only by the edges. Never
touch the recording surface.
• Do not affix labels on discs.
• Do not store discs in dusty, dirty or humid
locations, in direct sunlight, or near heat-
• To protect important data, always keep
discs in their protective cases.
• Do not wipe writable discs to clean them
before recording data. Instead, use a
blower to remove any dust.
• Data may not record properly if a scratch
or dust is present on the unrecorded area of
writable discs. Use special care when