Newer appliances sound different from older appliances. Modern appliances have more
features and use newer technology.
• The new high efficiency compressor
• Sometimes the appliance runs for an
• You may hear a whooshing sound when
• You may hear cracking or popping sounds
• Expansion and contraction of cooling
• The electronic control board may cause
Do you hear what I hear? These sounds are normal.
may run faster and longer than your
old appliance and you may hear a high-
pitched hum or pulsating sounds while
it is operating.
extended period, especially when the
doors are opened frequently.
the doors close. This is due to pressure
equalizing within the appliance.
CRACKS and CHIRPS
when the appliance is first plugged in.
This happens as the appliance cools to
the correct temperature.
coils during and after defrost can cause
cracking or popping sounds.
a clicking sound when relays activate to
control appliance components.
The Problem Solver
• You may hear the fans spinning at
high speeds. This happens when the
appliance is first plugged in, when the
door is opened frequently or when
large amounts of beverages are added
to the appliance. The fans help maintain
• If the door is open for over 3 minutes, you
may hear a fan come on in order to cool
• The fans change speeds in order to provide
optimal cooling and energy savings.
• The flow of refrigerant through the
appliance cooling coils may make a
gurgling noise like boiling water.
• A water dripping noise may occur as
water from the evaporator flows into the
• Closing the door may cause a gurgling
sound due to pressure equalization.