AUTOMATIC SQUELCH FEATURE
The uh043sx is equipped with an Automatic Squelch System which shuts off
weak transmissions and unwanted noise.
This feature enables users to listen for weak signals on the current channel
at the press of a key.
To use monitor:
1. Press mon key. The 'RX' icon will flash.
2. Release within 1.5 seconds and the unit exits Monitor
3. Press and hold mon key for 2 seconds for
The receiver circuit will stay open, letting in both the noise & weak
signals. The 'RX' icon flashes in this status.
4. To return to normal Receive mode press mon key. The 'RX' icon
disappears or stops flashing in this status.
The scan function scans all channels which are stored in the SCAN CHANNEL
MEMORY and stops at an active channel. If a PRIORITY channel has been
selected then this channel will be monitored for activity every 3 seconds.
When the signal stops, the uh043sx waits 2 seconds (Reply Delay) before
To initiate scanning;
1. Press mem/SCN key momentarily to begin scanning.
The 'SCAN' icon is displayed.
2. Press select/ , mem/SCN or
When scan stops at a busy channel, pressing ch/hi/lo
key will resume scan.
/call key to cancel.