SELECTING A CHANNEL
1. Press ch/hi/lo key momentarily to activate channel select
mode. The displayed channel will flash.
key to select the desired channel.
For your reference a list of the available channels,
corresponding frequencies and guidelines for their
use is printed on page 12. For Australia, Channels
05 and 35 are reserved for Emergency Calls.
3. Press ch/hi/lo key momentarily to exit channel select mode. If no key is
pressed within 5 sec the uh043sx will exit from the channel select mode.
TO TRANSMIT AND RECEIVE
The uh043sx uses the 40 UHF-CB Channels (Channels
22 and 23 are for telemetry and telecommand
applications. Transmit is inhibited on these channels).
1. Before you transmit, listen for activity on the selected channel.
2. When the channel is clear, press and hold the PTT key to transmit. 'TX'
icon appears on the display.
Hold the radio with microphone approximately 5 cm in front of your mouth
with the antenna at approximately 45° angle away from your head. Speak in
a clear, normal conversational voice.
3. When you have finished speaking, release the PTT and listen for a response.
'TX' icon then disappears on the display. While receiving, the 'RX' icon is
TRANSMIT Hi/Lo POWER SELECT
1. Press and hold ch/hi/lo key to select desired transmit
level. 'HI' icon will appear on the display for
maximum transmit level. 'LO' icon will appear on the
display for minimum transmit level. The RF transmit power
of the uh043sx is selectable between