Read the following carefully to avoid an electric
shock or fire
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons
(including children) with reduced physical, sensory
or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and
knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or
instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person
responsible for their safety.
• Young children should be supervised to ensure they
do not play with this appliance.
• During use this appliance becomes hot. Care should be
taken to avoid touching hot external and internal surfaces
when in use. Use oven gloves. Children should be kept
away to avoid burns and scalds.
• This appliance must NOT be used as a space heater.
• Keep vents clear of obstructions.
• In order to avoid a fire, the appliance must be kept clean.
• Do not spray aerosols in the vicinity of the appliance
when it is in operation.
• Do not store flammable materials in or under the
appliance, eg. aerosols.
• Do not modify this appliance.
• Do not allow pots to boil dry, as damage to both pan
and cooktop may result.
• Do not operate the cooktop for an extended period of
time without a pot or pan on the hotplate.
• Do not allow large cookware to overhang the cooktop
onto the adjacent benchtop. This will cause scorching to
the benchtop surface.
• Do not allow cooking pots or pans to intrude into the area
which is close to the controls.
• Ensure burner caps and trivets are properly located.
• For maximum stability, ensure pots and pans are centrally
located on the trivets.
• Handles should be turned away from the front of the
bench to avoid accidents.
• Only models fitted with flame safeguard can be used in
marine craft, caravans or mobile homes.
NOTE: You must read these warnings carefully before
installing or using the cooktop. If you need assistance,
contact your Customer Care Department. The manufacturer
will not accept liability should the instructions below, or any
other safety instructions incorporated in this book, be ignored.
• An authorised person must install this appliance and
MUST provide a certificate of compliance.
• Before using the appliance, ensure that all packing
materials are removed from the appliance.
• In order to avoid any potential hazard, the installation
instructions in this booklet and any label on the appliance,
must be followed.
• Ensure that all specified vents, openings and air spaces
are not blocked.
• Where the appliance is built into a benchtop, the
benchtop material must be capable of withstanding
temperatures of 85°C.
• DO NOT install in marine craft, caravans or mobile
homes because these products are not fitted with a flame
safeguard on each burner.
• Servicing MUST only be carried out by authorised personnel.
• To maintain safe operation, it is recommended that the
product be inspected every five years by an authorised
• For appliances supplied with a supply cord, if the supply
cord is damaged it must be replaced by an authorised
service person in order to avoid a hazard.
• For models with battery ignition, the battery will require
periodic replacement (see page 12).
NOTE: The battery is a perishable item and is not covered
by the warranty.
• Always ensure the appliance is turned off before cleaning.
• This appliance contains aluminium fittings. DO NOT use
caustic based cleaners.
• Do not use steam cleaners as this may cause moisture build-
up on electrical components.
• Always clean the appliance immediatelly after any
• DO NOT place burner caps, crowns or griddle plate in a
Gas Cooktops GENERAL SAFETY 3