B A T T E R I E S
Use these specifications to reorder deep-cycle batteries from your authorised Pride provider:
Why do my new batteries seem weak?
Deep-cycle batteries employ a different chemical technology than that used in car batteries, nickel-cadmium
batteries (nicads), or in other common battery types. Deep-cycle batteries are specifically designed to provide
power, drain down their charge, and then accept a relatively quick recharge.
We work closely with our battery manufacturer to provide batteries that best suit your Victory XL-4s
specific electrical demands. Fresh batteries arrive daily at Pride and are shipped fully charged to our
customers. During shipping, the batteries may encounter temperature extremes that can influence their
initial performance. Heat diminishes the charge on the battery; cold slows the available power and extends
the time needed to recharge the battery.
It may take a few days for the temperature of the batteries to stabilise and adjust to their new room or
ambient temperature. More importantly, it takes a few charging cyclespartial draining followed by full
rechargingto establish the critical chemical balance that is essential to a deep-cycle batterys peak
performance and long life.
Please follow these steps to properly break-in your new batteries for maximum efficiency and service life.
1. Fully charge any new battery prior to its initial use. This initial charging cycle brings the batteries up to
about 88% of their peak performance level.
2. Operate your scooter in familiar and safe areas. Drive slowly at first, and do not travel too far from your
home or familiar surroundings until you have become accustomed to the controls and have properly
broken in the batteries.
3. Fully recharge the batteries. This recharge should bring the batteries up to about 90% of their peak
4. Operate your scooter again.
5. Fully recharge the batteries again.
6. After four or five charging cycles, the batteries are able to receive a charge of 100% of their peak
performance level and are able to last for an extended period of time.
Deep-cycle (sealed lead-acid or gel cell)
12 volts each
A N D
C H A R G I N G