2.3 NX-7500 Series Integrated Services Platform NMC Installation
To install an NMC:
1. If the integrated services platform is running, perform a shutdown.
2. Wait until the LCD panel is no longer illuminated to confirm that the integrated services platform has
successfully shut down.
3. Disconnect all power cords from the integrated services platform.
4. Unlock the mounting latch on the blank NMC unit or functional NMC and pull the lever to remove.
5. Remove the new NMC from the packing.
6. Carefully align and insert the NMC into the NX-7500.
7. Press the locking latch to lock the NMC in place.
8. Reconnect all power cords to the integrated services platform.
Power down the integrated services platform and disconnect all power cords prior to
installing or replacing the Network Mezzanine Card (NMC).
The NMC module uses lasers. The lasers are compliant with the requirements for a
Class 1 laser product and are inherently eye safe in normal operation. However, you
should never look directly at any visible laser when the module is operational.
Ensure that the connectors on the back of the NMC do not come into contact with
your hands or the packing material as you unpack the NMC. Avoid damaging the
connectors as you insert the NMC into the integrated services platform.