2.1 Installing the NX-7500 Series Integrated Services Platform
1. Complete the instructions supplied with the rail kit to mount the NX-7500 series integrated services platform
in an equipment rack.
2. Connect the power cords for all power supplies.
The following figure represents the back of the NX-7510 model with a single AC power supply:
The following figure represents the back of the NX-7520 model with two DC power supplies:
The following figure represents the back of the NX-7530 model with a single power supply:
3. Connect the Ethernet cables and connect the integrated services platform to the network.
4. Using a standard RS-232 console cable, connect the serial port on the integrated services platform to a serial
port on a separate computer (the "configuration computer").
5. On the configuration computer, configure a terminal emulation program as follows:
Terminal Settings 19200bps transfer rate
6. Apply power to the integrated services platform.
7. When the prompt is displayed in the console window, login to the Command Line Interface (CLI) using
username admin and password motorola.
8. When prompted, enter a new password, then enter it again to confirm it.
8 data bits
1 stop bit
no flow control
no hardware compression