Introduction This document introduces the Web Control Function which is used to operate the PCS-TL50 over a LAN. The Web Control Function helps you control the PCS-TL50, or change its setup configuration, using a Web browser installed on your PC, such as Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator. The following is a set of Operating Instructions for the Web Control Function.
Each character of a password is shown as "*" on the screen. When the user name and password are correct, the "Dial/ Disconnect" page will come up. If an incorrect user name or password is entered three times, an error message appears on the screen.
3. Select a tool By clicking a tool button on the top part of the page, you can jump to the corresponding tool page. A brief introduction of each tool is presented below. • [Controller] Controls the PCS-TL50 using the on-screen controller, or controls using the on-screen Remote Commander in the same manner as you do with the PCS-RTL50 Remote Commander.
4. How to use "Controller" To control the PCS-TL50 from the on-screen controller When you click the [Controller] button, the on-screen control panel appears. By clicking the buttons on this control panel, you can control the PCS-TL50, sending still images, operating the camera, registering preset camera settings, and so on.
To control the PCS-TL50 from the on-screen Remote Commander When you click B Commander on the left part of the screen, the Remote Commander screen appears. By clicking the various buttons on the Remote Commander image, you can control the unit in the same way you can when using a real Remote Commander (PCS-RTL50), operating the camera, and dialing phone numbers.
5. How to use "Dial/Disconnect" By clicking the [Dial/Disconnect] button, you can jump to the "Dial/Disconnect" page. • To connect: A Enter the telephone number(s) of a remote party into the box(es): A1( to C2) (When using a LAN, enter an IP address or a DNS name.) B Set the communication attribute.
6. How to use "Phone Book" By clicking the [Phone Book] button, you can jump to the "Phone Book list" page. • To connect: A Click sDial next to the index title that you are dialing. Then, the message, "Now dialing..." will appear. B After the connection is made, you will see the message, "Connect OK.,"...
"Phone Book-Edit" page • To edit the communication attribute (only when "super" or "sonypcs" has been entered as the user name): A Click sEdit... next to the index title whose communication attribute you want to edit or modify on the list page. Then, the "Phone Book-Edit"...
"Phone Book-New" page • To register a new point (only when "super" or "sonypcs" has been entered as the user name): A Click sNew on the list page. The "Phone Book-New" page will appear. B Enter an index title into the Index box and telephone numbers into box(es) A1 (to C2). C Set the communication attributes.
7. How to use "Setup" Click the [Setup] button, and you will jump to the "Basic Setup" page. (The image above shows the "General Setup" page.) Click B Dial, B Answer, B Multipoint, B Audio, B General, B ISDN, B LAN or B SIP on the left part of the screen, according to what you are setting up.
To display the "Send Message" page Click B Message on the left side of the page. The "Send Message" page will appear. Enter the message you want to send into the Message box and click the [Send] button to send the message to the PCS- TL50.
To reset the system Click B Reset on the left part of the page. The "Reset" page will appear (only when "sonypcs" has been entered as the user name). A Click on the desired item. A dialog box will appear. B Click the [OK] button.
8. How to use "Info" Click the [Info] button, and the "Information" page will appear. When the PCS-TL50 is on-line, the "Communication Status," "Line Status," and "Machine Information" page appears, and during otherwise, the "Line Status" and "Machine Information" page appears. 8.
To display the Cause Code list By clicking B Cause on the left part of the page, you can jump to the "Cause Code" page, and see the Cause Code list. 8. How to use "Info"...
To display the Call Log By clicking B Call Log on the left part of the page, you can jump to the "Call Log" page (only when "sonypcs" has been entered as the user name). 8. How to use "Info"...
9. Monitor a meeting over the Web Click the [Monitor] button to show the monitoring window. Note When Web Monitor is set to Off in the Administrator Setup menu, the "Monitor" page cannot be used. 9. Monitor a meeting over the Web...
10.How to use “FTP” Click the [FTP] button, and you will jump to the “Memory Stick FTP” page. Enter “sonypcs” in the “User” box and the Remote Access Password registered in the Administrator Setup menu in the “Password” box, then click the [OK] button. Each character of a password is shown as “*”...