Use this section to resolve problems you may encounter when using your Brother machine.
Identify the Problem
Even if there seems to be a problem with your machine, you can correct most problems yourself.
First, check the following:
• The machine's power cord is connected correctly and the machine's power is on.
• All of the machine's orange protective parts have been removed.
• Paper is inserted correctly in the paper tray.
• The interface cables are securely connected to the machine and the computer.
• Check the LCD or the machine's status in Status Monitor on your computer.
Find the Error
Using the Status Monitor
• Double-click the
) If you check Load Status
Monitor on Startup, the Status Monitor will
launch automatically each time you start your
icon in the task tray.
Find the Solution
• A green icon indicates the normal stand-by
• A yellow icon indicates a warning.
• A red icon indicates an error has occurred.
• A gray icon indicates the machine is
• Click the Troubleshooting button to
access Brother's troubleshooting website.