3. Push Side-Lock Latch down and tilt drawer side open.
4. Lift out bag.
Installing a New Bag
Do not use any kind of bag other than those designed especially
for use in your compactor. Order replacement compactor bags
through your local dealer or by calling the toll-free number on the
cover or in the "Assistance or Service" section.
Before installing a new bag, be sure:
The drawer side is securely locked.
The container is clean and free of debris.
1. Place folded bag into the drawer. Open bag and pull top
edges over the drawer top.
2. Lock bag in place by pulling the four prepunched holes over
the bag retainer buttons. Holes will expand over the buttons
without damaging the bag.
3. Press inside of bag against the drawer bottom, sides and
corners for a smooth fit.
Your new compactor is designed to give you many years of
dependable service. However, there are a few things you are
expected to do in order to properly maintain your compactor.
This section will tell you how to clean and care for your
Changing the Charcoal Air Filter
To order the correct replacement charcoal filters call the toll-free
number listed on the cover or in the "Assistance or Service"
1. Insert fingertips in the Air Filter Cover and pull until the side
tabs release. Then, lift the cover to release the bottom tabs.
2. Remove the Air Filter by pulling the top edge of the filter. The
filter should pull out easily. Throw away used filter.
3. To replace, push the replacement filter into place. Insert the
bottom tabs of the Air Filter Cover and push in until the side
tabs snap into place.
Before cleaning the compactor, turn the Key-Knob (or Key-
Switch) to the OFF & LOCK position and remove it.
NOTE: Any services other than those outlined in this section
should be performed by a designated service representative.
Cleaning Exterior Surfaces
1. Wash exterior surfaces (including stainless steel) with a clean
sponge or soft cloth and a mild detergent in warm water. Do
not use abrasive or harsh cleaners. Rinse and dry thoroughly
with a soft cloth.
2. Wipe up spills right away. Some foods can damage the finish
if left on the compactor surface.
Cleaning Inside the Drawer
NOTE: You may want to wear protective gloves as there may be
bits of glass in the drawer.
1. Remove the bag. See the "Removing a Filled Bag."
2. Press down on the lever-action lock (or Side-Lock latch).