Use & Care Guide For questions about features, operation/performance, parts, accessories or service, call: 1-800-422-1230 or visit our website at www.kitchenaid.com In Canada, for assistance, installation or service, call: 1-800-807-6777 or visit our website at www.KitchenAid.ca Table of Contents... 2 9872215B...
COMPACTOR SAFETY ...2 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS ...3 Unpacking ...3 Location Requirements ...4 Electrical Requirements ...5 Undercounter Installation...5 COMPACTOR USE...7 How Your Compactor Works...7 Loading...7 WHISPER QUIET ® Plus System...7 Starting Your Compactor...8 Using Solid (Locked) Cycle ...8 Your safety and the safety of others are very important. We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS WARNING: When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following: Read all instructions before using the compactor. Close supervision is necessary when used by or near children. Do not allow to be used as a toy, or to run unattended at any time.
4. Place the other 2 corner posts on the floor to the side of the compactor. Grasp the sides of the compactor cabinet and put compactor on its side on top of the corner posts. Remove the shipping base from the bottom of the compactor. A.
Electrical Requirements WARNING Electrical Shock Hazard Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet. Do not remove ground prong. Do not use an adapter. Do not use an extension cord. Failure to follow these instructions can result in death, fire, or electrical shock. Recommended Grounding Method This compactor is for use on a single phase, 115-volt, 60 Hz, AC only, 15- or 20-amp fused and properly grounded circuit and is...
2. Use pliers to lower leveling legs away from cabinet. Adjust legs so there will be a " (3 mm) to between the top of the compactor and the top of the cabinet opening. Stand the compactor upright. 3. For model with cabinet, remove the plastic plugs from the compactor cabinet top.
3. Secure the custom panel to the exterior drawer front by using four #8 x 1" wood screws from the inside drawer front. Install the top 2 wood screws as shown. Use the bottom 2 wood screws to also re-install the 2 rubber bumpers on each side of the lower inside drawer while attaching to the custom panel.
Starting Your Compactor 1. Open container. Load trash. 2. Leave Key-Knob in ON position. 3. Set Solid Cycle switch to OFF. 4. Close container. 5. Lift foot pedal UP to START cycle. Using Solid (Locked) Cycle The Solid (Locked) Cycle extends the use of the bag by putting constant pressure on the trash to keep it from springing back.
3. Press inside of bag against the drawer bottom, sides and corners for a smooth fit. COMPACTOR CARE Your new compactor is designed to give you many years of dependable service. However, there are a few things you are expected to do in order to properly maintain your compactor. This section will tell you how to clean and care for your compactor.
3. Grasp the drawer on the sides and pull it out the rest of the way. Set the drawer down gently. 4. Vacuum the inside of the cabinet. Liquid spills or wet trash should be cleaned up by hand, or by using a vacuum designed to pick up liquids.
Order Part #9872166GA (Fresh Green Apple) Order Part #9872166L (Lavender) Order Part #9872166LG (Lemon Grove) For further assistance If you need further assistance, you can write to KitchenAid with any questions or concerns at: KitchenAid Brand Home Appliances Customer eXperience Center...
For thirty days from the date of purchase, when the compactor is installed, operated and maintained according to instructions attached to or furnished with the product, KitchenAid will provide a replacement filter or air freshener if the original filter or air freshener fails due to defects in materials or workmanship.