For one year from the date of purchase, when this Warming Drawer is operated and maintained according to instructions attached to or
furnished with the product, KitchenAid will pay for factory specified replacement parts and repair labor to correct defects in materials or
workmanship. Service must be provided by a KitchenAid designated service company.
KitchenAid will not pay for:
1. Service calls to correct the installation of your Warming Drawer, to instruct you how to use your Warming Drawer, to replace house
fuses or correct house wiring.
2. Repairs when your Warming Drawer is used in other than normal, single-family household use.
3. Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, fire, flood, acts of God, or use of product not approved by KitchenAid.
4. Replacement parts or repair labor costs for units operated outside the United States.
5. Pickup and delivery. This product is designed to be repaired in the home.
6. Repairs to parts or systems resulting from unauthorized modifications made to the appliance.
KITCHENAID CORPORATION SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion or limitation may not
apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Outside the United States, a different warranty may apply. For details, please contact your authorized KitchenAid dealer.
If you need service, first see the "Troubleshooting" section of this book. After checking "Troubleshooting," additional help can be found
by checking the "Requesting Assistance or Service" section or by calling the KitchenAid Consumer Assistance Center, 1-800-422-1230
(toll-free), from anywhere in the U.S.A.
Keep this book and your sales slip together for future
reference. You must provide proof of purchase or
installation date for in-warranty service.
Write down the following information about your Warming Drawer
to better help you obtain assistance or service if you ever need it.
You will need to know your complete model number and serial
number. You can find this information on the model and serial
number label, located on your appliance as shown in the Parts
and Features section of this book.
© 1999. All rights reserved.
FULL ONE-YEAR WARRANTY
Dealer name _________________________________________
Phone number _______________________________________
Model number _______________________________________
Serial number _______________________________________
Purchase date _______________________________________
® Registered Trademark of KitchenAid, U.S.A.
Printed in U.S.A.