TC212B ManualEN 111907.qxp
CAUTION: TO AVOID RISK OF INJURY:
• Observe common sense hygiene rules, as with any warming unit. Do not eat or drink perishable items that may
have spoiled or become contaminated.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
The Black & Decker
Travel Cooler and Warmer is ruggedly constructed to provide years of dependable service.
• After each use, clean the unit inside and out with a soft cloth and mild soap solution.
• Do not scrape, scratch or puncture the surface of the cooler with sharp objects or abrasives.
• Dry the unit properly and store in a cool, dry place.
• Always make sure the power cord is disconnected before storing.
• Never allow the cooler/warmer to be immersed in liquid.
The power cord is fuse-protected against short-circuiting, by a 5-amp fuse located in the tip of the 12 volt DC
plug. If the DC socket is powered, but the unit does not operate, then the cooler/warmer fuse may be open.
To inspect or replace the DC Power Cord Fuse:
1. Unscrew the end-cap of the power cord plug.
2. Remove fuse, inspect it for an open element, and replace with a new 5-amp fuse, if needed.
3. Re-attach the end-cap to the plug.
4. If new fuse opens, call Customer Service department at 1-800-544-6986 for further instructions and possible
return/replacement. This unit is not user-serviceable; it must be returned to the manufacturer for professional
service or repair. Any attempt to service by user will void warranty.
Cooler/Warmer is not functioning
as a cooler or warmer (fan is not
Cooler/Warmer is not cooling or
heating properly (fan is not
Cooler/Warmer is not cooling or
heating, but fan is turning.
Cooler/Warmer takes longer
than 3 hours to reach desired
Recommended accessories for use with your appliance are available from your local dealer or authorized service
center. If you need assistance regarding accessories, please call: 1-800-544-6986.
WARNING: The use of any accessory not recommended for use with this appliance could be hazardous.
All Black & Decker Service Centers are staffed with trained personnel to provide customers with efficient and
reliable power appliance service. Whether you need technical advice, repair, or genuine factory replacement parts,
• Accessory outlet of DC power supply is not functioning — check by
plugging in a 12 volt DC appliance.
• Fuse or circuit breaker in accessory outlet is open. Reset breaker or check
fuse, and replace fuse if necessary.
• Ignition is switched off — start engine or switch ignition to "accessory"
• Fuse in unit's power plug is blown — see Fuse Replacement section for
location of fuse and instructions for checking and replacing fuse.
Fan is defective. Call Customer Service department 1-800-544-6986 for
return/ replacement instructions. This unit is not user-serviceable, it must
be returned to manufacturer for professional service or repair. Any attempt
to service by user will void warranty.
Cooling unit is defective. Call Customer Service department 1-800-544-
6986 for return/replacement instructions. This unit is not user-serviceable, it
must be returned to manufacturer for professional service or repair. Any
attempt to service by user will void warranty.
• Low battery or supply voltage.
• Unit will attain desired temperature more efficiently if items are pre-heated
• Fan area is blocked — move unit or object.