TC212B ManualEN 111907.qxp
GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL APPLIANCES
WARNING: Read all instructions before operating product. Failure to follow all instructions listed below may
result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury.
• AVOID DANGEROUS ENVIRONMENTS Don't use appliances in damp or wet locations. Don't use appliances in
• STORE IDLE APPLIANCES INDOORS. When not in use, appliances should be stored indoors in dry, and high or
locked-up place – out of reach of children.
• USE RIGHT APPLIANCE. Do not use the appliance for any job except that for which it
• DON'T ABUSE CORD. Never carry appliance by cord or yank it to disconnect from receptacle. Keep cord from
heat, oil, and sharp edges.
• DISCONNECT APPLIANCES. Disconnect the appliance from the power supply when not in use, before servicing,
and when changing accessories.
• AVOID UNINTENTIONAL STARTING. Be sure switch is off when plugging in.
• USE OF ACCESSORIES AND ATTACHMENTS. The use of any accessory or attachment not recommended for use
with this appliance could be hazardous. Note: Refer to the accessory section of this manual for further details.
• CHECK DAMAGED PARTS. Before further use of the appliance, a guard or other part that is damaged should be
carefully checked to determine that it will operate properly and perform its intended function. Check for
alignment of moving parts, binding of moving parts, breakage of parts, mounting, and any other conditions that
may affect its operation. A guard or other part that is damaged should be properly repaired or replaced by an
authorized service center unless otherwise indicated elsewhere in this instruction manual. Have defective
switches replaced by authorized service center. Do not use appliance if switch does not turn it on and off.
• DO NOT OPERATE near flammable liquids or in gaseous or explosive atmospheres. Sparks might ignite fumes.
SAFETY GUIDELINES / DEFINITIONS
DANGER: Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will result in death or serious injury.
WARNING: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in death or serious
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in minor or moderate
CAUTION: Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided,
may result in property damage.
RISK OF UNSAFE OPERATION. When using appliances or equipment, basic safety precautions should always be
followed to reduce the risk of personal injury. Improper operation, maintenance or modification of appliances or
equipment could result in serious injury and property damage. There are certain applications for which appliances
and equipment are designed. Black & Decker strongly recommends that this product NOT be modified and/or
used for any application other than for which it was designed. Read and understand all warnings and operating
instructions before using any appliance or equipment.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK: Do not allow this unit to become wet. Operate only
when dry. Never allow the unit to be immersed in water or other liquid. This will void the warranty.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE:
• Manually turn the unit off after each use. This unit does not automatically turn on and off.
• Do not operate unattended for extended periods of time.
• Allow airflow around fan area — blocking airflow will slow cooling or heating.
• To reduce the risk of damage to the DC plug and cord, pull by DC plug rather than cord when disconnecting.
• Check unit periodically for wear and tear. Take to a qualified technician for replacement of worn or defective
• This unit is intended for use with a 12 volt DC power source that can provide at least 8 amps of current. DO
NOT attempt to use with any other power source.
• NEVER operate unit in an enclosed space. ALWAYS ensure that there is adequate ventilation and free flow of air
around the unit, so that air expelled by the fan is effectively dissipated.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS