TC212B ManualEN 111907.qxp
• When operating the unit in a vehicle or boat cabin, adequate ventilation must be provided by an air conditioning
system or open window. In a car with windows up, air temperatures can reach 150°F (65°C).
• This unit is intended for portable use only; it is not designed to be built-in or recessed — this would interfere
with the unit's air dissipation system, and could cause a fire or other safety hazard.
• Use only with the supplied power cord. If the cord becomes worn or damaged, discontinue use and call the
Customer Service department at 1-800-544-6986 for authorized replacement.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY:
• Metal plug tip may become HOT after extended use. Handle with extreme care.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY OR FIRE:
• Follow these instructions and review cautionary markings on this product.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE:
• THIS UNIT IS NOT FOR USE BY CHILDREN AND SHOULD ONLY BE OPERATED BY ADULTS.
• Keep small children from opening unit when warming.The interior of this unit gets quite hot in warming mode.
• When operating from a vehicle battery, make sure you start your engine after 3-4 hour of operation to recharge
the vehicle battery.
• Do not overstuff cooling/heating chamber. Airflow between food containers keeps temperature more even.
• Do not use this unit for medical use. It is not approved for medical applications.
• Make sure cord is located so that it will not be stepped on, tripped over, or otherwise subject to damage or stress.
• Make sure shoulder strap is securely fastened to unit.
• Read This Instruction Manual Before Using This Unit.
THIS MANUAL CONTAINS IMPORTANT SAFETY AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE BLACK & DECKER
TRAVEL COOLER AND WARMER MODEL TC212B.
Thank you for choosing the Black & Decker
art units on the market today. Please read this manual carefully before use to ensure optimum performance and
avoid damage to the unit itself or power sources from which it operates.
The Black & Decker
Travel Cooler & Warmer is compact, lightweight, and portable. It provides convenient storage
for cold or hot beverages and foods, making conventional insulation-only coolers, thermal bottles and jars and
insulated chests obsolete.
For extended use:
Plug the Black & Decker
drinks cold or warm. No more digging around in melting ice and water for soggy foods and dripping drinks. No
need for ice, dry ice, or cold/hot packs. Ideal for use in a:
• Truck or SUV
• RV, mobile home, camper
• Home or motel — use with the CV6B AC/DC Converter (sold separately).
• At the beach, on picnics, at the campground — use with battery power.
Take the Black & Decker
drinks at just the right temperature.
The Black & Decker
Travel Cooler & Warmer cools like a refrigerator and warms like an oven. For best
performance, plug in the unit approximately 2 hours before loading to give it time to warm up or cool down.
Always try to fill your unit with pre-chilled or pre-heated food or beverages, as the unit will always perform at its
best when you do this.
Generally, your unit will cool down to as much as 36°F (or 2°C). To ensure optimum performance, always keep
the unit out of direct sunlight when using as a Cooler. To promote your unit's cooling capacity on warm days, try
reusable frozen ice packets. These are particularly helpful in keeping your unit cold while unplugged.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Travel Cooler & Warmer, one of the most advanced, state-of-the-
Travel Cooler & Warmer into vehicle's 12 volt DC accessory outlet to keep food and
Travel Cooler & Warmer with you, wherever you go, to keep cold or hot food and