Care & Cleaning
To reduce risk of ﬁ re or serious injury to persons
or property, comply with the basic warnings listed
in the Important Safety Instructions and those
• Before cleaning the dryer interior, unplug the
electrical power cord to avoid electrical shock
• Do not use any type spray cleanser when clean-
ing the dryer interior. Hazardous fumes or electri-
cal shock could occur.
• Clean the lint ﬁ lter after every load. Lint build-
up on the ﬁ lter restricts air ﬂ ow, which causes
longer drying times. The ﬁ lter is located at the
bottom of the door opening. Remove by pulling
straight up. Remove the lint and replace the ﬁ lter.
• Occasionally a waxy build-up may form on the
lint ﬁ lter and/or moisture sensing bars from
using dryer-added fabric softener sheets. To
remove this build-up, wash them with warm,
soapy water. Dry the ﬁ lter thoroughly and re-
place. Do not operate the dryer without the lint
ﬁ lter in place.
• If the dryer drum becomes stained from noncol-
orfast fabrics, clean the drum with a damp cloth
and a mild liquid household cleanser. Remove
cleanser residue before drying the next load.
• Every 18 months an authorized servicer should
clean the dryer cabinet interior and exhaust
duct. These areas can collect lint and dust
over time. An excessive amount of lint build-up
could result in inefﬁ cient drying and possible
ﬁ re hazard.
• Clean the cabinet with mild soap and water.
Never use harsh, gritty or abrasive cleansers.
• If the cabinet becomes stained, clean with
diluted chlorine bleach (1 part bleach to 8 parts
water). Rinse several times with clear water.
• Remove glue residue from tape or labels with a
mixture of warm water and mild detergent. Or,
touch residue with the sticky side of the tape or
• When cleaning chrome parts use a window
cleaner with ammonia or mild soap and water.
• Before moving the dryer, place a strip of card-
board or thin ﬁ berboard under the front leveling
legs to prevent damage to the ﬂ oor.
A clothes dryer produces combustible lint.
The dryer must be connected to an outdoors
exhaust. Regularly inspect the outdoor exhaust
opening and remove any accumulation of lint
around the opening and in the surrounding area.
Clean lint screen after every load.
Do not store or place laundry products on top of
dryer at any time. They can damage the ﬁ nish or