Use Proper Cookware
Cookware should have
flat bottoms that make
good contact with the
entire surface heating
element. Check for
flatness by rotating a
ruler across the bottom
of the cookware (See
Figure 1 ). Be sure to
using cookware as
shown to the right.
Note: The size and type of cookware
used will influence the setting needed
for best cooking results.
Flat bottom and straight
• Tight fitting lids.
Weight of handle does not tilt
pan. Pan is well balanced.
Pan sizes match the amount
of food to be prepared and the
size of the surface element.
Made of material that
conducts heat well.
Easy to clean.
Always match pan diameter to
element surface diameter.
For ceramic glass cooktop
models, use only flat bottomed
woks (without support rings).
DO NOT use a wok if it is
equipped with a metal ring that extends be-
yond the surface element. Because this ring
traps heat, the surface element and cooktop
surface could be damaged.
Wire trivets: Do not use wire trivets. Cook-
ware bottoms must be in direct contact with
the surface cooking areas.
Curved and warped pan bottoms.
Pan overhangs unit by more than
Pan is smaller than the element.
Heavy handle tilts the pan.
DO NOT use two sur-
face cooking areas, if your appliance
is not equipped with a bridge element,
to heat one large pan such as a
roaster or griddle. DO NOT allow cook-
ing utensils to boil dry. Either of these
situations could damage the glass ce-
Using the Griddle
Before first use:
• Wash Griddle in hot soapy water. Rinse and then dry completely.
• Apply a thin coat of vegetable oil to the entire surface (front and back of griddle).
• Preheat your oven to 350°R Place the griddle on the upper rack in your oven.
• Bake griddle for 1 hour at 350°F, then turn oven OFF and let cool before removing.
• The surface may appear to have a tacky feel to it from this seasoning process. If desired,
wash the griddle in hot soapy water, rinse well, and dry completely.
After each use:
• To prevent rusting, store in a dry place and keep uncovered.
• After each use, clean with a stiff brush and hot water only.
• DO NOT CLEAN GRIDDLE iN DISHWASHER.
• Dry immediately and apply a light coating of vegetable oil to griddle before storing.
Using the Griddle:
Because the g riddle does not lay fiat on the ceramic glass cooktop, it will not work with the Pan Sensing
(Sensa Cook) feature.
• Place either side of the griddle centered over the left side bridge element.
• Preheat the griddle for 5 minutes on medium to medium low setting. Slow preheat
ensures even heat distribution during the cooking process.
• DO NOT preheat the griddle on Hi setting. Preheating on Hi may warp the griddle and prevent even heat distribution.
place the griddle on the cooktop
before turning on the element.
to remove the griddle
from the cooktop.
to cool before
Do not set hot griddle on surfaces that cannot withstand
high heat such as countertops.
Be sure the griddle is positioned correctly and is stable before use to prevent hot spills and possible burns.