Chapter 2 Advanced Operations
Using the Internet to View Video from a Camera in a Remote Location
You can view video from a camera in a remote location via
1. Assign a URL to the camera, for example by using the
camera's DDNS function. For details on assigning a URL to
the camera using a function such as the DDNS function,
refer to the camera's instruction manual.
2. Touch the [ADD CAMERA] button displayed in the bottom
area of the [CAMERA SELECT] screen.
3. Enter the camera URL and a camera name. Enter any name
for the camera, selecting one that makes it easy for you to
identify the camera. Be sure not to use the same name as
4. The camera you entered in step 3 is displayed in the camera
list. Touch this camera.
5. Touch [START] to start logging in.
6. After successfully logging in, you can operate the camera in
the same way as the other cameras.
Viewing video may not be possible depending on your provider or network con guration.
If you cannot view video properly, rst check the settings carefully, and if the problem persists,
contact your provider or network administrator.
Video from the same camera cannot be viewed at the same time by multiple people.
Camera video posted on the Internet can be viewed by anyone who knows the username and
password. This means it is very risky to use a password that anyone can guess.
Set a username and password that cannot be identi ed by other people. For details on
changing the username and password, refer to the camera's instruction manual.