TELEPHONE 6 KIT H12-3813 230V GER/FRN TELEPHONE 6 KIT H12-3823 230V EU TELEPHONE 6 KIT H12-3824 230V UK HY8-90CZ-000 JULY 2002 COPYRIGHT 2002 CANON INC. CANON FAX-L360 JULY 2002 PRINTED IN JAPAN (IMPRIME AU JAPON)
I. PREFACE This manual is based on the following manuals, and only includes differences between FAX-L350 and FAX-L360. HY8-10AM-000 FAX-L350 SERVICE MANUAL, Rev.0 HY8-30AJ-000 FAX-L350 PARTS CATALOG, Rev.0 HY8-80AL-000 FAX-L350 CIRCUIT DIAGRAM, Rev.0 II. CONTENTS CHAPTER 1 : POINTS OF DIFFERENCE FROM THE ORIGINAL MACHINE This chapter explains the differences between this machine and the original one.
CHAPTER 1 POINTS OF DIFFERNECE FROM THE ORIGINALMACHINE...
1. Parts change For details of any change in parts numbers, see the Parts Catalog. 2. Specification change Canges have been made to the electrical circuitry, and the functions of the NCU board have been integrated with those of the SCNT board. In this Service Reference Manual, detailed explanations of the electrical circuitry have been omitted (to respect the decision not to disclose detailed information in technical documentation, e.g., on ICs).
Interface Spcifications Serial interface (USB) a) Specifications Interface Type USB Interface (Universal Serial Bus; USB Specification Release Number 1.10) Data Transmission Control transfer method Bulk transfer method Signal Voltage Level Input: Input defference sensitivity: +0.2V (Max.) Common-mode defference: +0.8V to +2.5V Output: Static output high: +2.8V to 3.6V...
b) USB interface USB is a serial interface which connects up to 127 peripheral devices to a host computer, and transmits data at a high- speed rate of 12Mbps. Hot plugging, in which connecting/disconnecting devices while the host or the printer is in use, is supported.
Supported Software The following table shows the relationship between available drivers and the interfaces for this model. FAX-L290 Suite USB I/F Windows 95 supported Windows 98 conditionally supported* Windows NT 4.0 supported Windows 2000 conditionally supported* Windows Me conditionally supported* Windows XP conditionally supported*...
3. Setting the Language and Country When you connect the power cord to an AC outlet for the first time, you need to select the language for the LCD display. For some countries, you also need to select the country where you are using the FAX machine.
4. Setting the Summer Time Some countries adopt the summer time system that shifts the clock time ahead or back ac- cording to the change in seasons. You can select if the time information in your FAX changes to match your country summer time system and set the day and time when the summer time begins and ends.
#1 SSSW (service soft switch setting) SW09 (service soft switch 09: communication result display function settings) Function After normal end of communications, Display No display communications results displayed After communications ending in error, Display No display communications results displayed Not used Not used Not used Not used...
5. Detecting a Residual Cartridge 5.1 Out line This mechanism is designed to automatically cammunicate (ECM) printer information, e.g., cartridge replacement, printer number. Forwarding of data only Win 2000 Sever FAX-L360 PSTN English (BFT recive) Printer information All Bits of the other machine’s DIS must be set to ; in other words, the presence of a single  will cause the communication to end in error.
5.2 Setting The following items are available according to service mode settings: #11 Remote CRG ACTIVATION PRODUCT NUMBER SERIAL NUMBER CUSTOMER NUMBER SERVER PHONE NBR CRITERION REPORT MANUAL TX CLEAR ACTIVATION: Use it to ON/OFF the function. PRODUCT NUMBER: Use it to register a product number (10 characters;upper case, lower case;...
5.3 Conditions for a Call The function is enabled when ACTIVATION is set to ON, and the number of prints and the date currently registered will server as its starting point. Condition 1: When as many prints as set for PAGES under CRITERION have been made. Condition 2: When the cartridge runs out of toner, requiring replacement.
Condition 3: When as many days as set pass since the day on which condition 3 is satisfied and, in addition, when 12 hours pass since the time at which ACTIVATION is set to ON, a call will be made. If the registered number of days under condition 3 is , no call will be made under this condition.
5.4 BFT File A BFT file is constructed as follows: 00 call item 1: program version (fixed). 01 call item 2: product number (in ASCII). 02 call item 3: serial number (in ASCII). 03 call item 4: customer number (in ASCII). 04 call item 5: ROM version (in ASCII).
8. Error codes and recovery methods As for the descriptions of causes of and actions for error codes, only those items to which changes have been made because of the use of different connector numbers are indicated. ##322 [RX] Fixing heater temperature abnormality Cause: Internal unit defect.
General errors • The unit does not turn on. (Evaluation criteria: Look at the actual unit.) (1) Check the power cord connection. (2) Check the connection between the PCNT board (J1) and power supply unit (J202). (3) Check the connection between the SCNT board (J8) and power supply unit (J201). (4) Check the connection between the SCNT board (J4) and PCNT board.
Printing problems • Faulty printing (Evaluation criteria: Test print is faulty.) • The paper is not fed correctly. (Evaluation criteria: Look at the actual unit.) The main motor does not run. (1) Check the connection between the main motor and the PCNT board (J401). (2) Check the main motor’s resistance.
Scanning problems • Faulty scanning (Evaluation criteria: Test print is good, but the copied image is poor.) • The document is not fed. The document feed motor does not run. (Evaluation criteria: Check it visually.) (1) Check the connection between the document feed motor and the PCNT board (J402). (2) Check the document feed motor’s resistance.