• Faulty scanning (Evaluation criteria: Test print is good, but the copied image is poor.)
• The document is not fed.
The document feed motor does not run. (Evaluation criteria: Check it visually.)
(1) Check the connection between the document feed motor and the PCNT board (J402).
(2) Check the document feed motor's resistance. Approx.15 Ω/1 phase is normal.
(3) Replace the document feed motor.
(4) Replace the PCNT board.
(5) Replace the SCNT board.
The document slips against the rollers. (Evaluation criteria: Check it visually. Stretched copy im-
(1) Clean the document reading section.
(2) Replace the reading section's rollers.
The document does not separate. (Evaluation criteria: Check it visually.)
(1) Check whether the document feed motor is driving all the rollers. (Check for any damaged gears or foreign matter
(2) Check whether the document feed lever is set to manual document feed.
(3) Clean the separation roller and separation guide.
(4) Replace the separation roller and separation guide.
The scanner unit's sensors are defective (Evaluation criteria: The placed document or transported
document is not detected.)
(1) Check for any faulty sensors while executing the copying operation and test mode.
(2) Check the connection between the OPCNT board (J2) and the SCNT board (J3).
(3) Replace OPCNT board.
(4) Replace the SCNT board.