IBM Europe, Middle East, and Africa Hardware Announcement
IBM System x3650 M2 server features new Intel Xeon
5500 Series processors with new microarchitecture
design featuring Quick Path Interconnect (QPI)
Table of contents
At a glance
At a glance
Power, scalability, control, and serviceability for dynamic Web-serving and On
Demand Business applications:
• Ultra-thin, high-availability, rack-optimized, 2U platform
• Powerful Intel® Xeon® 5500 series dual- or quad-core processor with new
Intel Xeon 5500 series processors with new microarchitecture design featuring
Quick Path Interconnect (QPI) technology
• 2, 4, or 8 GB of high-speed DDR3 SDRAM Registered DIMM memory; sixteen
DIMM slots that support up to 128 GB maximum memory with 8 GB optional
• Support for up to twelve 2.5-inch hot-swap SAS or hot-swap SATA HDDs or SSDs
• Four PCI-Express x8 Gen 2 slots
- 2 x8 - Full length, full height.
- 1 x8 - Half length, full height.
- 1 x8 - Low Profile.
- 4 x8 are convertible to 2 x16 via optional risers.
- All 4 x8 slots are convertible to 2 x16 via optional risers.
• Optional support for PCI-X adapters with optional PCI-X 64-bit riser
• 675-watt, auto-ranging power supply
• Integrated systems management processor
• Integrated dual Gigabit Ethernet ports (standard) for high I/O capacity, plus two
additional GbE ports (option) with failover capability
IBM Europe, Middle East, and Africa
Hardware Announcement ZG09-0169
ZG09-0169, dated March 30, 2009
IBM is a registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation