Connecting to an amplifier using your optical output
You can connect an amplifier that has an optical digital input terminal by using an optical digital
cable from the optical output. The signal that is output can be PCM or DOLBY DIGITAL.
1) Connect the optical cable from underneath the television to the back of the amplifier.
• This terminal can only output digital audio.
• In order to use the optical output connection, select PCM or DOLBY DIGITAL on Optical Out
in the Sound Adjust Menu. See page 50.
• Refer to your owners manual on using your amplifier.
• You cannot output sound from your Optical Output connection if the audio source is from
your HDMI device.
TV Rear Panel
PHOTO VIEWER /