If there is no picture or the TV does not operate normally, make sure the problem isn't due to
the reasons indicated below.
If the problem persists even after taking the measures indicated, please contact a service
Cannot turn the TV on
• Press the Main power button on the TV.
• Connect the power cord to the AC outlet.
The screen turns blue
• Is the BLUE BACK function on? (see page 12.)
Remote control inoperable
• Replace the batteries. (see page 2.)
Buttons on front of the TV do not work
• Switch the CHILD LOCK function off. (see page
TV does not respond immediately
• Press the main power button on the TV to turn
off the main power. Press the main power but-
ton again to turn on the TV. If the TV returns to
a normal state, operation is normal.
The TV turns off suddenly
• Is the OFF TIMER function set to operate? (see
• Is the AUTO SHUTOFF function on? (see page
• Press the SOUND SYSTEM button to select an-
other sound system. (see page 7.)
• Adjust the sound settings. (see page 13.)
• If there is noise during mono sound output,
button to select "MONO".
(see page 8.)
• Press the COLOUR SYSTEM button to select an-
other colour system. (see page 7.)
• Adjust the picture settings. (see page 13.)
• Is a component signal output device, such as a
DVD player, connected correctly? (see page 4.)
• Is the "VIDEO-2 SET" function setting correct?
(see page 13.)
• If noise (snow) totally blocks out the picture,
check the following.
- Have the TV and aerial been connected properly?
- Has the aerial cable been damaged?
- Is the aerial pointing in the right direction?
- Is the aerial itself faulty?
• If the TV or aerial suffer interference from other
equipment, stripes or noise may appear in the
picture. Move any equipment which can cause
interference away from the TV.
• If the TV or aerial suffer interference from
signals reflecting from mountains or buildings,
double-pictures (ghosting) will occur. Change
the aerial's direction or replace it with an aerial
with better directionality.
• When a white and bright still image (such as a
white dress) is displayed on the screen, the
white part may look as if it is coloured. When
the image disappears from the screen, the
unnatural colours will also disappear.
The picture is tilted
< AV-29L91 only >
• A picture may be tilted due to the influence of
the earth's magnetism. In this case, use the PIC-
TURE TILT function to adjust the tilt. (see page