10. To remove the jar, grasp the handle and lift straight up. do not twist
11. Remove lid to pour.
12. Always unplug the appliance when not in use.
When blending hot liquids always let them cool at least
5 minutes before blending. Before beginning to blend,
remove the measuring cup lid insert and put it back with the
opened side tilted away from you. Cover lid with a cloth to
avoid splattering and only use lowest speed (1). do not blend more
than 2½ to 3 cups at a time.
Pulse/Off (P/0): Use for thick mixtures
Fast Clean (1): Combine drop of dishwashing liquid and hot water
to clean blender
Stir (2): Liquefy frozen juices, drink mixes and condensed soups
• Prepare salad dressings • Puree hot liquids
Blend (3): Prepare sauces • Remove lumps from gravies
Grate (4): Grate hard cheeses and coconut • Make superfine sugar
• Make cookie, cereal and bread crumbs • Grind coffee beans, spices
Beat (5): Beat eggs for omelets and custards
Puree (6): Blend protein drinks • Puree baby foods – fruits and
Crumb (7): Make cookie, cereal and bread crumbs
Chop (8): Chop fruits and vegetables • Chop cooked meats
• Chop nuts, coarse- to-fine
Liquefy (9): Liquefy frozen drinks
Smoothies/Ice Crush(10): Crush ice • Prepare smoothies and
DO NOT place any of the following in the blender: large pieces of
frozen foods; tough foods such as raw turnips, sweet potatoes and
potatoes; bones; hard salami, pepperoni and hard sausages; boiling
liquids (cool for 5 minutes before placing in blending jar)
Operate blender without the lid on the blending jar. Store foods in the
blending jar. Overfill the blender. (The blender is more efficient with
less rather than more.) Use pulse (P) for more than 5 seconds at a
time. Release the pulse (P) button; allow the blender to rest briefly,
then continue. Run blender for longer than 30 seconds when using
dry foods and 2 minutes when blending liquids. Scrape down sides on
blending jar, if necessary and continue blending. Use if blender jar is
chipped or cracked.
Tasks not recommended for the blender: Whipping cream; beating
egg whites; mixing dough; mashing potatoes; grinding meats;
extracting juice from fruits and vegetables
Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to
qualified service personnel.
1. Before cleaning, turn off (0) and unplug appliance.
2. Lift blending jar by handle off power base.
3. Remove jar base by turning counterclockwise until loose.
4. Remove gasket and blade assembly.
Caution: Blades are sharp, handle carefully.
5. Remove lid and measuring cup lid insert.
6. Wash removable parts by hand or in your dishwasher. Place jar on
bottom rack and rest of parts on top-rack only.
• Do not place jar parts in boiling liquids.
• Do not immerse base in liquid. Wipe base with damp cloth and dry
• Remove stubborn spots by rubbing with damp cloth and
Note: If liquids spill onto base, wipe with damp cloth and dry
thoroughly. do not use rough scouring pads or cleansers on parts or
For quick cleanup, combine 1 cup hot water and a drop of liquid dish
soap in the blending jar. Cover and clean on (5) for about 30 seconds.
discard liquid and rinse jar thoroughly.
For convenient storage, wrap the cord around the supports on the
bottom of the blender base.
© 2011 Applica Consumer Products, Inc.
DE 10 VITESSES
line à la clientèle :
Pour accéder au service à la clientèle en
ligne ou pour inscrire votre produit en
For online customer service
ligne, rendez-vous à
and to register your product, go to
MODeLS / MODèLeS