– Delivery specification: dryer, instructions for installation and use, woollens basket
(depending on model).
– Check dryer for transport damage.
– The dryer is very heavy. Do not attempt to lift it on your own.
– Be careful to avoid sharp edges.
– Do not lift the dryer by any of the protruding parts (e.g. the door) as they may break off.
– Do not set up in a room that is susceptible to frost.
Freezing water may cause damage.
– If in doubt, have the appliance connected by an expert.
Setting up the dryer
Take all accessory parts
– The appliance plug must always be accessible.
out of the drum.
The drum must be empty.
– Ensure that the appliance is installed on a clean, level
and solid surface.
– Keep the cooling grille at the front of the dryer
– Keep the area around the dryer clean.
– Make the dryer level using the threaded feet
and a spirit level.
Do not remove the threaded feet under any
Cotton 7 kg
Do not set up the dryer behind a door or sliding
door as this may obstruct or prevent the dryer door
from opening. This will prevent a potentially fatal
danger to children from locking themselves in.
Clean and level
Make sure that the air
inlet remains unobstructed
Easy-Care 3.5 kg
see safety instructions
– Connect to an AC earthed socket. If in doubt have the socket checked by an expert.
– The mains voltage and the voltage shown on the rating plate (
Page 9) must correspond.
* Programme setting for testing in accordance with applicable standard EN61121.
– The connected load and necessary fuse protection are specified on the rating plate.
** The values may differ from those specified, depending on the type of fabric, composition of
laundry to be dried, residual moisture in the fabric and the amount of laundry being loaded.
Do not operate the dryer if
Frost protection / Transport
there is a danger of frost.
Cotton 7 kg / 3.5 kg*
***Programme setting for testing and energy labelling in accordance with Directive 2010/30/EU.
1. Empty the condensation container
2. Select any programme using the programme selector.
3. Press the Start/Stop button
condensation is pumped into the container.
4. Wait 5 min., and then empty the condensation container again.
5. Turn the programme selector to Off.
What to do if ...
60 x 60 x 85 cm (height adjustable)
If you cannot rectify a fault yourself (e.g. switching off/on), please contact our after-sales
service. We will always find an appropriate solution and will avoid unnecessary visits by
approximately 45 kg
engineers. Trust the expertise of the manufacturer and rest assured that the repair will be
carried out by trained service technicians using original spare parts. The contact details of your
local after-sales service can be found in the enclosed after-sales service directory, or by
calling one of these numbers:
– GB 0844 8928999 ( Calls from a BT landline will be charged at up to 3 pence per minute.
A call set-up fee of up to 6 pence may apply.)
see appliance rating plate
– IE 01450 2655 (0.03 € per minute at peak. Off peak 0.0088 € per minute.)
When contacting the after-sales service, please quote the appliance's product number (E no.)
and production number (FD) (see the inside of the door).
Set the programme selector to Off and remove the appliance plug from the socket.
The Start/Stop indicator lamp
You can find the rating plate on the back of the dryer.
does not light up.
Drum interior light (depending on model) (bulb E14, 25 W)
The drum lights up after the door is opened or closed, and after the programme starts,
The display panel light and
and switches off automatically. Changing the bulb
indicator lights (depending on
model) go out and the Start/Stop
indicator light flashes.
(The value on the label is achieved at the maximum heat setting.)
The Empty water and
Residual moisture in the
Start/Stop indicator lamp flash.
fabrics after spinning
The Clean filter and Start/Stop
indicator lamp flash.
Dryer does not start.
Water is running out.
The door opens by itself.
Drying result is not satisfactory
(laundry feels too damp).
Annual energy consumption
97 min / per cycle
504 kWh / per year
Drying time too long.
(from after-sales service using order number)
For easier loading and unloading. The basket contained in the drawer can be used to carry
The humidity in the room
Washer-dryer stack connection set
The dryer can be placed on top of a suitable washing machine with the same width and depth
to save space. The dryer must be fastened to the washing machine using this connection set.
One or more indicator lights for
With pull-out worktop: WZ 20300
programme status are flashing.
Connection fittings for condensation outlet
The condensation is conveyed directly via a hose.
The interior light is not working
(depending on model).
Installation underneath the worktop
Instead of the appliance covering plate, you must have a metal cover fitted by
– Pull the appliance plug out of the socket immediately or disconnect the fuse.
ONLY use the
– in rooms inside the house.
– to dry fabrics.
The dryer must
– be used for other purposes than those described above.
– be modified in terms of its technology or attributes.
– The dryer must not be used by children or persons who have not been
instructed in its use.
– Do not leave children unsupervised near the dryer.
– Keep pets away from the dryer.
– Remove all objects from pockets.
Make especially sure that cigarette lighters are removed as they constitute an
Mains plug plugged in?
– Do not lean or sit on the door
Check the socket fuse.
– Secure loose cables
Energy-saving mode is activated
– Do not operate the dryer if there is a risk of frost.
see the separate Energy-saving mode instructions.
– Connect the dryer according to specifications to an AC earthed socket, as
otherwise it cannot be guaranteed that the appliance is completely safe.
Empty the condensation container.
– The cable cross-section must be sufficient.
If featured, check hose for condensation outlet.
– Only use earth-leakage circuit breakers with the following symbol:
Clean the fluff filter and/or air cooler under running water
– The appliance plug and socket must be compatible.
– Do not use multiple plugs/couplings and/or extension cables.
Start/Stop button selected?
– Do not hold the appliance plug with wet hands
– Never pull the appliance plug out of the socket by its cable.
Ambient temperature greater than 5 °C?
– Do not damage the mains lead
Align dryer horizontally.
– Only load the drum with laundry.
Clean air cooler seal.
Check the contents before you switch the dryer on.
Push the door closed until you hear it engage.
– Do not use the dryer if the laundry has been in contact with solvents, oil, wax,
grease or paint (e.g. hair setting spray, nail polish remover, stain remover,
Laundry load exceeded?
cleaning solvent, etc.)
Remove articles of clothing immediately after the end of the
– Dust (e.g. coal dust, flour) poses a danger: do not use the dryer
programme, hang up and pull into shape.
Unsuitable programme selected
– Do not put laundry containing foamed material/rubber in the dryer
Warm laundry feels damper than it actually is.
material may be destroyed and the dryer may be damaged due to possible
The selected programme does not suit the load. Use another
deformation of the foamed material.
drying programme or, in addition, select the time programme
– Switch off the dryer once the programme has ended.
Use fine adjustment for the drying result
Page 1/2 and 5/6.
– Condensation is not drinking water and may be contaminated with fluff.
Fine layer of limescale on the humidity sensors
– Do not use the dryer if it is defective or if you suspect it is.
Clean the humidity sensors
Programme termination, e.g. tank full, mains power supply failure,
Repairs must only be carried out by the after-sales service.
door open or maximum drying time reached.
– Do not use the dryer if the mains cable is defective. To avoid danger, only
Rinse the fluff filters under running water
have the defective mains cable replaced by the after-sales service.
Insufficient supply of air
ensure that air can circulate.
– Always pull the mains plug out of the socket before changing the bulb for the
Air inlet possibly blocked
risk of electric shock.
Ambient temperature higher than 35 °C
ventilate the room.
– Only use genuine spare parts and accessories for safety reasons.
Make sure the room is sufficiently ventilated.
– Dryer: pull out the appliance plug, then cut off the mains cable from the
Remove laundry from the dryer immediately and spread out.
Dispose of at municipal waste disposal facility.
This allows the heat to dissipate.
– Packaging: do not leave children alone with packing parts
Clean filter and air cooler
risk of suffocation.
Check installation conditions
– All materials are environmentally sound and can be reused.
Switch off, leave to cool down, switch on again, restart
Dispose of in an environmentally-responsible manner.
Pull out the appliance plug, remove the cover cap in the interior
above the door (use Torx 20 screw driver) and replace the bulb.
Close the cover cap.
Never operate the dryer without a cover cap.
risk of tipping.
Observe the safety
instructions on page 11.
risk of electric shock.
risk of electric shock.
for installation and use
Read these instructions and the separate
Energy-saving mode instructions before
operating the dryer.