Your new dryer
Congratulations - You have chosen a modern, high-quality Siemens
for domestic use only,
only to be used for drying fabrics that have been
The condensation dryer is distinguished by its economical energy
washed with water.
Every dryer which leaves our factory is carefully checked to ensure
that it functions correctly and is in perfect condition.
Do not leave children
Should you have any questions, our after-sales service will be pleased
unsupervised near the dryer.
Keep pets away from the dryer.
The dryer can be operated by children 8 years old
Disposal in an environmentally-responsible manner
and older, by persons with reduced physical,
Dispose of packaging in an environmentally-responsible manner.
sensory or mental abilities and by persons with
This appliance is labelled in accordance with the European
insufficient experience or knowledge if they are
2002/96/EG on waste electrical and electronic
supervised or have been instructed in its use by
a responsible adult.
equipment - WEEE.
The guideline provides an EU-wide framework for the return and
recycling of old appliances.
For further information about our products, accessories, spare parts
and services, please visit: www.siemens-home.com
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
Setting the programmes . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3/4
Information on laundry . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5
Fine adjustment of the drying result . . 5/6
Care and cleaning . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6
Programme overview . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7
Installation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8
Frost protection / Transport . . . . . . . . . . . 8
Technical data . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9
Optional accessories . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9
What to do if... / After-sales service . . . . 10
Safety instructions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11
Clean the fluff filter and/or air cooler under running water
Empty the condensation container.
0, 1, 2, 3 The drying result (e.g. Cupboard Dry) can be adjusted over three levels (1 - max. 3) for the
Cotton, Easy-Care and Rapid 40 programmes
presetting = 0.
of the drying
After one of these programmes has been finely adjusted, the setting is retained for the others.
installation, see Page 8
Never start the dryer if it is damaged!
Inform your after-sales service.
Make sure your hands are dry.
Hold the plug only.
Drum interior light
(depending on model)
Sorting and loading laundry
Remove all items from pockets.
Check for cigarette lighters.
The drum must be empty prior to loading.
See programme overview on page 7.
See also separate instructions for "Woollens basket"
(depending on model)
Selecting and adjusting the programme
Select the drying programme ...
... and adapt to individual requirements
All buttons are sensitive and only
need to be touched lightly.
Press the Start/Stop button
Only operate the dryer with
the fluff filter inserted!
Reduced temperature for delicate fabrics
a longer drying time; e.g. for polyacrylics, polyamide,
elastane or acetate.
Empty container after each drying operation!
Pull out condensation container keeping it horizontal.
Pour out condensation.
Always push container in fully until it clicks into place.
If Empty water flashes in the display panel
What to do if..., Page 10.
Cleaning the fluff filter
Clean the fluff filter after each drying operation.
Open the door, remove fluff from door/door area.
Pull out and fold open the fluff filter.
Remove the fluff (by wiping the filter with your hand).
If the fluff filter is very dirty or blocked, rinse with warm water and dry
Close and reinsert the fluff filter.
Switching off the dryer
Turn the programme selector to Off.
Do not leave laundry in the dryer.
Removing the laundry
The automatic anti-crease function causes the drum to move at specific intervals, the washing remains
loose and fluffy for an hour (two hours if the additional Less Ironing function is also
selected-depending on model).
once lights up in the display.
removing or adding laundry.
The drying cycle can be interrupted for a brief period so that laundry may be added or removed.
The programme selected must then be resumed and completed.
Never switch the dryer off before the drying process has ended.
Drum and door may be hot!
Open door, the drying process is interrupted.
Load or remove laundry and close door.
If required, select a new programme and additional functions.
Press the Start/Stop button.
Information on laundry ...
Fine adjustment of the drying result
Labelling of fabrics
Drying, Iron Dry, Cupboard Dry, AntiCrease/End
Follow the manufacturer's care information.
are displayed in sequence.
Short signal when changing from level 3 to 0, otherwise
Drying at normal temperature.
Drying at low temperature
also select Low Heat.
Do not machine dry.
Care and cleaning
Observe safety instructions without fail
Do not tumble-dry the following fabrics for example:
Dryer housing, control panel, air cooler, moisture sensors
– Impermeable fabrics (e.g. rubber-coated fabrics).
– Wipe with a soft, damp cloth.
– Delicate materials (silk or curtains made from synthetic material)
they may crease
– Do not use harsh cleaning agents and solvents.
– Laundry contaminated with oil.
– Remove detergent and cleaning agent residue immediately.
– During drying, water may collect between the door and seal.
– To ensure a consistent result, sort the laundry by fabric type and drying programme.
– Always dry very small items (e.g. baby socks) together with large items of laundry (e.g. hand
– Close zips, hooks and eyelets, and button up covers.
Air cooler / Protective filter
Tie fabric belts, apron strings, etc. together
When cleaning, only remove the protective filter. Clean the air cooler
– Do not over-dry easy-care laundry
risk of creasing!
behind the protective filter once a year.
Allow laundry to finish drying in the air.
– Allow the dryer to cool.
– Do not dry woolens in the dryer, only use to freshen them up
Page 7, Woollens Finish
Programme (depending on model).
– Residual water may leak out, so place an absorbent towel
– Do not iron laundry immediately after drying, fold items up and leave for a while
remaining moisture will then be distributed evenly.
1. Unlock the maintenance door.
– The drying result depends on the type of water used during washing.
2. Open the maintenance door fully.
of the drying result
– Machine-knitted fabrics (e.g. T-shirts or jerseys) often shrink the first time they are dried
do not use the Cupboard Dry Extra programme.
– Starched laundry is not always suitable for dryers
starch leaves behind a coating that
adversely affects the drying operation.
3. Turn both locking levers towards each another.
– Use the correct dosage of fabric softener as per the manufacturer's instructions when
4. Pull out the protective filter/air cooler.
washing the laundry to be dried.
– Use the timer programme for small loads
this improves the drying result.
Do not damage the protective filter or air cooler.
Environmental protection / Energy-saving tips
Clean with warm water only. Do not use any hard or sharp-edged
– Before drying, spin the laundry thoroughly in the washing machine
the higher the spin
speed the shorter the drying time will be (consumes less energy), also spin easy-care
– Put in, but do not exceed, the maximum recommended quantity of laundry
5. Clean the protective filter/ air cooler thoroughly,
Allow to drip dry.
– Make sure the room is well ventilated during drying.
– Do not obstruct or seal up the air inlet.
6. Clean the seals.
– Keep the air cooler clean
Page 6 "Care and cleaning".
7. Re-insert the protective filter/air cooler,
with the handle facing down.
Fine adjustment of the drying result
8. Turn back both locking levers.
Adjustment of the levels of dryness
9. Close the maintenance door until the lock clicks into place.
The dryer is fitted with stainless steel moisture sensors. The sensors
measure the level of moisture in the laundry. After a long period of
operation, a fine layer of limescale may form on the sensors.
Turn to Off
1 x to
Press and hold Low Heat
Press Low Heat until
Turn to Off
1. Open the door and clean the moisture sensors with a damp sponge
and turn 5 x to the right
the required level is reached
which has a rough surface.
Do not use steel wool or abrasive materials.
Only when switched off!
This does not affect your dryer's functions in any way.
Clean the protective filter 5 - 6 times a year
or if Clean filter flashes after cleaning the fluff filter.
underneath the maintenance door.