IX. Sequence of Operation (Integrated Ignition Control) ..20 X. Start-Up, Adjustments, and Checks ........20 XI. Maintenance ................28 Amana Forced Air Central Furnace Design Complies With Requirements Embodied in The American National Standard / National Standard of Canada Shown Below.
If the information in these instructions is To prevent possible death or personal injury not followed exactly, a fire or explosion due to asphyxiation, Amana Non- may result causing property damage, Condensing Gas Fired Warm Air Furnaces personal injury or loss of life.
CAUTION • On Counterflow Installations, the air conditioning coil must be downstream from the heat exchanger of the This unit must not be used as a furnace. “construction heater” during the finishing • Counterflow Installation over a noncombustible floor. phases of construction on a new structure. Before setting the furnace over the plenum opening, This type of use may result in premature insure the surface around the opening is smooth and...
The rated heating capacity of the furnace should be greater This furnace must use indoor air for combustion. It cannot than or equal to the total heat loss of the area to be heated. be installed as a direct vent (i.e., sealed combustion) The total heat loss should be calculated by an approved furnace.
5.3.3 Equipment Located in Confined Spaces: 2. When communicating with the outdoors through vertical ducts, each opening shall have a minimum free area of 1 (a) All Air from Inside the Building: The confined space shall be square inch per 4,000 BTU per hour of total input rating of provided with two permanent openings communicating directly all equipment in the enclosure (See Figure 3).
3,000 BTU per hour of total input rating of all equipment in appliances is not allowed. the enclosure Common venting with specific Amana Category I 80% 5.3.4 Specially Engineered Installations: furnaces is allowed with the addition of a common vent kit The requirements of 5.3.3 shall not necessarily govern when special...
(c) Where practical, close all building doors, windows, and Category I venting, with the airflow horizontal right to left all doors between the space where the appliances (Figure 7). For horizontal installations, a three inch B-vent remain connected to the common venting system are pipe can be used to extend the induced draft blower outlet located and other spaces of the building.
3. Remove and save the four screws which hold the rotation plate on the partition panel. Note that one of the Crown Wash screws which hold the induced draft blower on the rotation plate needs to be removed. Roof Line 4.
10' or Less Proper Chimney Line, terminate with listed vent cap Termination? 2' Min. 2' Min. (Fix 1) (Check 1) 3' Min. Wall or Parapet Chimney channel Change venting free of solid and liquid fuel arrangements Chimney appliances? (Fix 2) (Check 2) 10' or Less Rebuild crown...
Remove the lowest existing vent connector, and examine CHECK 2 - ANY SOLID OR LIQUID FUEL the inside of the elbow or tee at the base of the liner. A small APPLIANCES VENTED INTO THIS CHIMNEY amount of soot may be considered acceptable, provided CHANNEL the installer vacuums it away.
Alternatively, the homeowner may agree to discontinue use CHECK 6 - DILUTION AIR. of the fireplace (solid fuel appliance). If so, the tile liner must If gas-fired appliances are to be vented into a clay tile liner, be cleaned to remove creosote buildup. The fireplace a source of dilution air is required.
used. Common sources of chlorine and fluorine com- VI. Gas Supply and Piping pounds include indoor swimming pools and chlorine bleaches, paint strippers, adhesives, paints, varnishes, sealers, waxes (which are not yet dried) and solvents used during construction and remodeling. Various GENERAL commercial and industrial processes may also be The furnace rating plate includes the approved furnace gas...
High altitude kits are purchased according to the installation GAS PIPING CONNECTIONS altitude and usage of either natural or propane gas. Refer General to the product Specification Sheet or an Amana distributor for a tabular listing of appropriate altitude ranges and CAUTION corresponding manufacturer’s high altitude (Natural, pro- pane gas, and/or Pressure Switch) kits.
• Install a 1/8" NPT pipe plug fitting, accessible for test Upflow Installations gage connection, immediately upstream of the gas supply connection to the furnace. When the gas piping enters through the right side of the furnace, the installer must supply the following fittings •...
• A ground joint union, drip leg, and manual shutoff valve must also be supplied by the installer. In some cases, the installer may also need to supply a transition piece from 1/2 inch to another pipe size. Figure 18 Gas Inlet Through Left Side (Counterflow) Figure 15...
All propane gas equipment must conform to the safety Gas Piping Checks standards of the National Board of Fire Underwriters (See Before placing in operation, leak test the unit and gas NBFU Manual 58). connections. For satisfactory operation, propane gas pressure must be 10 inch WC at the furnace manifold with all gas appliances WARNING in operation.
A 40 VA transformer and an integrated electronic control Sizing Between Single or Second Stage Regulator and Appliance* Maximum Propane Capacities Listed are Based on 1/2" W.C. pressure drop at 11" W.C. setting. are built into the furnace to allow use with most cooling Capacities in 1,000 BTU/hour.
8. Insert the five wires through the open bushing in the During normal heating operation, the circulation fan will bottom of the junction box. come on 37 seconds after the gas valve opens. This timing is not adjustable. 9. Attach the junction box to the right side of the furnace, using the screws removed in step 2.
local codes. This wiring must have a minimum temperature When the furnace is installed without a cooling coil, it is rating of 105°C and must be routed away from the burner recommended that a removable access panel be provided compartment. All line voltage wire splices must be made in the outlet air duct.
3. The igniter is energized and is allowed to preheat. AIR FLOW CENTRAL RETURN GRILLE 4. The gas valve is energized delivering gas to the burners and starting combustion. SIDE RETURN 5. The control checks for a signal from the flame sensor EXTERNAL FILTER within seven seconds after the gas valve is energized.
7. Push the button to confirm the rollout control is in the through the observation window in the blower access door. closed position. Refer to the Diagnostic Signal Chart for further explanation of the lighting codes and Section X, Start-Up, Adjustments, 8.
Timing Chart for Integrated Ignition Control Normal Heating Operation CIRCULATOR BLOWER OPEN GAS VALVE CLOSED IGNITER CLOSED PRESSURE SWITCH OPEN CONTACTS INDUCED DRAFT BLOWER THERMOSTAT 60,90, SECONDS circ 120 or FIXED HEAT IGNITER WARM UP PERIOD ON DELAY: (see note) 30 SECONDS NOTE: HEATCRAFT INTEGRATED CONTROL MODULE HAS A FIXED STANDARD SEVEN-SECOND IGNITER WARM UP PERIOD...
the observation window in the blower access door and BURNER BOX make a note of the number of flashes in sequence between This furnace must use indoor air for combustion. It is not a pauses. Next, refer to the Troubleshooting Chart for an direct vent furnace, and it cannot be installed as a direct interpretation of the signals.
With Power and Gas Off: 1. Honeywell Model VR8205, or White-Rodgers Models Gas Valve On/Off 36E36 or 36E22, or Robertshaw Model 7222: Connect Selector a water manometer or adequate gauge to the “inlet Switch pressure tap” of the gas valve. INLET OUTLET As an alternative method, inlet gas pressure can also...
2. Place thermometers in the return and supply ducts as Gas Input Rate measurement (Natural Gas Only) close to the furnace as possible. Thermometers must The gas input rate to the furnace must never be greater than not be influenced by radiant heat by being able to “see” that specified on the unit rating plate.
XI. Maintenance HIGH LIMIT CONTROL WARNING WARNING To prevent death, personal injury, property damage or premature failure of heat To prevent death or personal injury due to exchanger, do not adjust the limit control electric shock, disconnect electrical power (factory preset). before performing any maintenance.
Become familiar with filter location and procedures for removal, cleaning and replacing them. If help is needed, Front of Furnace Front of Furnace contact the installer of the furnace or a qualified servicer. AIR FILTER - UPFLOW FURNACES Blower Blower To remove the external upflow filter from the external filter rack, disconnect electrical power to the furnace and follow the directions provided with the external filter rack kit.
6. Replace the blower door, then reconnect the electrical Cleaning (Qualified Servicer Only) power. 1. Shut off electric power and gas supply to the furnace. Optional Access 2. Remove burner assembly by disconnecting the gas line Door and removing the manifold brackets from the partition panel.
2. Although only functional parts are shown in the parts list, all sheet metal parts, doors, etc. may be ordered by 9. Check furnace for proper operation. description. 3. Parts are available from your Amana distributor Gas Valve Blower/Box Gasket Gas Orifice, Natural...
® is a trademark of Maytag World- wide N.V. and is used under license to Goodman Company, L.P. All rights reserved.