Standard Right or Left Side
Drain Hose Connections
All installation positions require the use of the drain trap, hoses,
tubes and clamps. The following quantity of hoses, tubes, and
hose clamps are provided with the unit.
Hose and Tube Identification
A. Drain trap
B. Hose A
C. Hose B
D. Tube 2 (2)
Upright Installations—Trap on Right Side
In an upright installation, drain hoses are connected to drain
ports on the rubber elbow and the recuperator coil front cover.
The drain lines are then routed through the right side panel and
into the drain trap secured to the outside of the cabinet.
NOTE: Refer to "Alternate Vent/Flue Hose Connections" for
upright installations using an alternate vent/flue outlet,
1. Remove the rubber plug/cap from the right side of the front
cover drain port.
2. Secure Hose A to the front cover drain port with a red hose
3. Route Hose A to the rear side panel grommet hole.
4. Cut and remove ¹⁄₄" (6.4 cm) from the end of the drain port on
the rubber elbow.
5. Insert Tube 1 into the rubber elbow drain port and secure with
the silver hose clamp. Angle Tube 1 outward toward the front
of the furnace.
6. Cut 17³⁄₄" (45.1 cm) from the long end of Hose B and discard.
7. Secure the remaining Hose B to Tube 1 with a green hose
8. Route the other end of Hose B to the front right side panel
NOTE: For details concerning the mounting of the drain trap,
refer to "Horizontal Drain Trap Mounting."
9. Insert the short end of each Tube 2 through the side panel
10. Secure the tubes to Hose A and Hose B with the green hose
NOTE: Ensure hoses and tubes maintain a downward slope
for proper drainage and that they are not kinked or binding.
E. Tube 1
F. Red hose clamp (1)
G. Silver hose clamp (1)
H. Green hose clamps (3)
Upright Standard Connections—Right Side Upflow
A. Right side panel
E. Tube 1
B. Rubber elbow
F. Hose B
C. Rubber elbow drain
G. Side panel
D. Red hose clamps
H. Tubes 2
Alternate Vent/Flue Drain Hose Connections
Upright installations using the alternate vent/flue outlet will
require right side only drain hoses to be connected as follows.
Refer to "Vent/Flue Pipe and Combustion Air Pipe" for details on
alternate vent/flue pipe connection.
1. Remove the rubber plug/cap from the right-side drain port on
the front cover. Save the rubber plug for later use.
2. Secure Hose A to the drain port on the front cover with a red
3. Route Hose A to the rear right side panel grommet hole.
4. Remove the grommet from the front right side panel drain
5. Seal the hole in the grommet with the large end of the rubber
plug removed in Step 1.
6. Reinstall the grommet and rubber plug into the side panel
7. Cut ¹⁄₄" (6.4 cm) from the end of the drain port on the
externally mounted rubber elbow. Discard cut portion.
8. Insert Tube 1 into the rubber elbow drain port and secure with
a silver hose clamp.
NOTE: Angle tube toward drain trap.
9. Cut 17⁷⁄₈" (45.4 cm) from the long end of Hose B. Discard cut
10. Secure the remaining end of Hose B to the exposed end of
Tube 1 with a green hose clamp.
11. Route Hose B toward the right side panel grommet holes.
12. Insert the short end of one Tube 2 through the rear right side
panel grommet drain hole.
13. Secure Tube 2 to Hose A with a green hose clamp.
14. Insert the short end of the remaining Tube 2 into Hose B from
the rubber elbow and secure with a green hose clamp.
15. Ensure that the hoses and tubes maintain a downward slope
for proper drainage and are not kinked or binding.
I. Drain trap
J. Green hose clamps (3)
K. Hose A
L. Front cover drain port