CD TEST MODE
1-1 How to Activate CD Test Mode
1) Connect 62 pin (test) of IC701 (LC72358N-9910) on
MAIN C.B to the 31 pin (VDD) by cable.
2) Connect wire of ACC (red) and BACKUP (yellow) of power supply/speaker connector to DC+12V,
then connect Ground (black) to -.
When CD test mode is started, all displays will be lighted as shown in the following figure.
1-2 How to cancel CD Test Mode
1) Disconnect the cable of 62 pin (test) and 31 pin (VDD) of the MAIN C.B
IC701 (LC72358N-9910) and switch on the power.
1-3 CD Test Mode Functions
Keys to operate
Search Mode RANDOM
• Continual Focus Search
* NOTE 1
• Normal Play Back
Playing Time Indica-
• Focus search is contiuned if
Track no. & Playing
• Pause Status
• Pick up Move to outer most track
• Pick up Move to inner most track
• Step 1 : For CD/CD-R
• Step 2 : For CD-R RF Gain is up
• Step 3 : For CD-R Laser Power Up
• Do not insert a Disc when confirming Search Mode
• Press PWR button when cancelling Search Mode. Test Mode will be restored when PWR button is
pressed once again.
• Insert the "Test Disc" when operating all modes except search mode.
* NOTE 1
: There are CD operations are disable owing to the protection circuit being operated when heat builds up in the driver IC
if the focus search is operated continually for more than 10 minutes. In cases, the power supply should be switched off
for 10 minutes until heat has been reduced and then re-started.
• Start TEST MODE
• Confirm APC circuit
(The pickup lens respeats the
• Laser current measurement
full-swing up-down motion)
• Confirm focus error waveform
• Focus servo
• Traking servo
TOC cannot be read
• CLV servo
• Sled servo
• Traking servo OFF
• Thread servo
• Confirm mechanism operation
• Step 1 to 3 are cyclic
• "Error 03" is indicated if the Disc
against Step 1
does not Step 1 match.
against Step 2
Caution when servicing
(1) How to use extension jig.
Correct between MAIN C.B. and CD mechanisms by extension jigs when checking CD mechanism
(Refer to the following figure.)