• The effects provided by the virtual speakers may
cause increased noise in the playback signal.
• When listening with sound fields that employ the
virtual speakers, you will not be able to hear any
sound coming directly from the surround speakers.
• This function does not work when:
- ANALOG DIRECT is selected.
- signals with a sampling frequency of more than
48 kHz is input.
• When one of the sound fields for music is selected,
no sound is output from the subwoofer if all the
speakers are set to "LARGE" on the SYSTEM
menu. However, the sound will be output from the
- the digital input signal contains LFE signals.
- the front and surround speakers are set to
- the sound field for movie is selected.
- the portable audio is selected.
• You can identity the encoding format of DVD
software, etc., by looking at the logo on the
• Sound fields with
mark use DCS
technology. See "Glossary" (page 54).
To turn off the surround effect
for movie/m usic
Press 2CH to select "2CH ST." or press A.F.D.
repeatedly to select "A.F.D. AUTO".
Using only the front
In this mode, the receiver outputs the sound
from the front left/right speakers only. There is
no sound from the subwoofer.
Standard 2 channel stereo sources completely
bypass the sound field processing and multi
channel surround formats are downmixed to 2
TV>.: SA·CO/CO TU"'EFl
"CD "CD "CD C)
E3. . . .
No sound is output from the subwoofer in the 2CH
STEREO mode. To listen to 2 channel stereo
sources using the front left/right speakers and a
subwoofer, select "A.F.D. AUTO" (page 40).