SWITCHING REMOTE CONTROLLER CUSTOM CODES
1. Press the
2. Press the
custom code. (Initially set to )
3. Press the
Change the custom code between
display to the air conditioner custom code.
4. Press the
code will be changed.)
(1) If no buttons are pressed within 30 seconds after the custom code is displayed, the system returns to the original clock
display. In this case, start again from step 1.
(2) The remote controller resets to custom code A when the batteries in the remote controller are replaced. If you use a custom
code other than custom code A, reset the custom code after replacing the batteries.
If you do not know the air conditioner custom code setting, try each of the custom codes (
which operates the air conditioner.
Cooling / heating priority (AIRSTAGE™ (VRF system) Heat Pump model only)
• If another indoor unit in the same system is already operating in the cooling mode or dry mode, heating mode settings cannot be
• If another indoor unit in the same system is already operating in the heating mode, cooling mode or dry mode settings cannot be
Before requesting service, perform the following checks:
• Has there been a power failure?
Doesn't operate at all.
• Has a fuse blown out, or a circuit breaker been tripped?
• Is the main power switch set to the OFF position?
• Is the timer operating?
• Are the remote controller's batteries dead?
The unit operates differently
• Are the remote controller's batteries loaded properly?
from the remote controller's
• Has the remote controller's custom code been reset?
If the problem persists after performing these checks, or if you notice burning smells, or the TIMER indicator flashes,
immediately stop operation, turn off the electrical breaker and consult authorized service personnel.
button and display only the clock.
button for more than 5 seconds to display the current
to match the code on the
button again to return to the clock display. (The custom
) until you find the code
Cause and Action
KEEP THIS OPERATING MANUAL FOR
Before using the appliance, read these "PRECAUTIONS" thoroughly and operate in the correct way.
The instructions in this section all related to safely; be sure to maintain safe operating conditions.
This mark indicates procedures which, if improperly performed, are most likely to result in the
death of or serious injury to the user or service personnel.
• This controller contains no user-serviceable parts. Always con-
sult authorized service personnel for repairs.
• If a problem (burning smell, etc.) occurs, turn off the electrical
breaker immediately to stop operation, and then consult au-
thorized service personnel.
This mark indicates procedures which, if improperly performed, might lead to the death or
serious injury of the user.
This mark indicates procedures which, if improperly performed, might possibly result in personal
harm to the user, or damage to property.
• Do not expose the controller directly to water.
• Do not operate the controller with wet hands.
• Do not touch the switches with sharp objects.
• Always turn off the electrical breaker whenever cleaning the
controller, the air conditioner or the air filter.
• Check the condition of the installation stand for damage.
• Ensure that any electronic equipment is at least one meter
away from the controller.
LOAD BATTERIES (R03/LR03 x 2)
• Never place fingers or foreign objects inside the outlet port.
Doing so could cause personal injury.
• Avoid installing the controller near a fireplace or other heating
• When installing the controller, take precautions to prevent
access by infants.
• Do not use inflammable gases near the controller.
• Take care to prevent infants from accidentally swallowing
1. Press and slide the
(1) When not using the remote controller for an extended
period, remove the batteries to avoid possible leak-
age and damage to the unit.
2. Insert batteries.
(2) Never mix new and used batteries, or batteries of
Be sure to follow the
polarity markings indicated
(3) Batteries should last about one year under normal
in the compartment.
use. If the remote controller's operating range
3. Slide back the lid.
becomes appreciably reduced, replace the batteries
and press the ACL button.