F03 — Sulfate or Unchargeable Battery
F03 appears when the battery is highly sulfated and cannot accept normal charge
• Follow the steps in "Recondition Mode" to recondition the battery.
• Follow the steps in "Equalizing" to equalize the battery.
• If the situation persists after reconditioning and equalizing, we recommend taking
your battery to a certified automotive service center for evaluation.
F04 — Overtime Condition
F04 appears when charging time exceeds 18 hours.
You may be using a charge current rate too low for a large battery. Select higher
charge rate to charge the battery.
F05 — Overheated Condition
The ventilation grill that prevents the air from flowing in and out of the charger may
• Follow the steps outlined in "Important Safety Instructions" at the front of this manual
to disconnect AC cord and clamps, allow the unit to cool for 30 minutes and
• Make sure there is ample ventilation before resuming operation.
F06 — Reverse Polarity
The connections to the battery's POSITIVE and NEGATIVE terminals are incorrect.
Follow the steps outlined in "Important Safety Instructions" at the front of this manual
to disconnect AC cord and clamps and reconnect to battery with correct polarity.
Charging a Very Cold Battery
If the battery to be charged is very cold (in temperatures below freezing — 0°C/
32°F), it cannot accept a high rate of charge. The initial charge rate will be low. The
charge rate will increase as the battery warms. Never attempt to charge a frozen