LED TV user manual E-MANUAL imagine the possibilities Thank you for purchasing this Samsung product. To receive more complete service, please register your product at www.samsung.com/register Model _____________ Serial No. _____________...
Be careful about the television formats you select and the length of time you view them. Uneven LED aging as a result of format selection and use, as well as burned in images, are not covered by your Samsung limited warranty.
Accessories ✎ Please make sure the following items are included with your TV. If any items are missing, contact your dealer. ✎ The items’ colors and shapes may vary depending on the model. ✎ Check that there are no accessories hidden behind or under packing materials when you open the box. y Remote Control (AA59-00442A) &...
Viewing the Control Panel ✎ The product color and shape may vary depending on the model. ✎ There are control buttons in rear of TV. When you touch the button, control icons appears. ✎ Any object (an electric wire, etc.) near the control panel may cause unintended activation of the OSD. TV Rear Remote control sensor Aim the remote control towards this spot on the TV.
Top View & (M4 X L12) Front ATTENTION ✎ Place a soft cloth over the table to protect the TV, and Rear DO NOT USE DO NOT USE DO NOT USE GREASE then place the TV on the cloth screen side down. CHEMICALS ✎...
Do not fasten the screws too firmly. This may damage the product or cause the product to fall, leading to personal injury. Samsung is not liable for these kinds of accidents. Samsung is not liable for product damage or personal injury when a non-VESA or non-specified wall mount is used or the consumer fails to follow the product installation instructions.
Remote Control Buttons ✎ This remote control has Braille points on the Power, Channel, and Volume buttons and can be used by visually impaired persons. POWER ON/OFF Turns the TV on and off. Turns the remote control light on or off.
How to Navigate Menus How to Operate the OSD (On Screen Display) The access steps may differ depending on the selected Before using the TV, follow the steps below to learn how to menu. navigate the menu and select and adjust different functions. MENU The main menu options appear on MENU...
Plug & Play (Initial Setup) When you turn the TV on for the ﬁrst time, a sequence of on-screen prompts will assist in conﬁguring basic settings. To turn on the TV, press the POWER3 button. ✎ Plug & Play is available only when the Source is set to TV. ✎...
Connecting to an AV Device Using an HDMI or an HDMI to DVI Cable: HD connection (up to 1080p) We recommend using the HDMI connection for the best quality HD picture. Available devices: DVD player,, Blu-ray player, HD cable box, HD STB (Set-Top-Box) satellite receiver Device +'0, &DEOH 1RW 6XSSOLHG HDMI OUT...
Using a Component (up to 1080p) or an Audio/Video (480i only) Cable Available devices: DVD player, Blu-ray player, cable box, STB satellite receiver, VCR :KLWH %OXH *UHHQ :KLWH <HOORZ Device Device AUDIO OUT VIDEO OUT AUDIO OUT COMPONENT OUT R-AUDIO-L R-AUDIO-L &RPSRQHQW $GDSWHU 6XSSOLHG...
Connecting to an Audio Device Using an Optical (Digital) or an Audio (Analog) Cable Connection Available devices: Digital Audio System, Ampliﬁer, DVD home theater Ampliﬁer / $XGLR &DEOH 1RW 6XSSOLHG DVD home theater AUDIO IN R-AUDIO-L Digital Audio System OPTICAL 5HG :KLWH 2SWLFDO &DEOH 1RW 6XSSOLHG ✎...
PC Display Modes (D-Sub and an HDMI to DVI Input) Optimal PC resolution is 1920 X 1080 @ 60 Hz. You can also select one of the standard resolutions listed in the Resolution column. The TV will automatically adjust to the resolution you choose. Horizontal Frequency Vertical Frequency Pixel Clock Frequency...
✎ Changing the Input Source If you have connected a PC to the HDMI IN 1 (DVI) port with an HDMI cable, select PC under Edit Name to enter a device name. ✎ Source If you have connected a PC to the HDMI IN 1 (DVI) port with an HDMI to DVI cable, select DVI PC under Use to select TV or an external input source...
If you select Pure High-throughput (Greenﬁeld) 802.11n mode is selected and the Encryption type is set to WEP, TKIP or TKIP AES (WPS2Mixed) on your AP or wireless router, Samsung TVs will not support a connection in compliance with new Wi-Fi certiﬁcation speciﬁcations.
Network Connection - Wired There are two main ways to connect your TV to your network using cable, depending on your network setup. They are illustrated below: TV Rear Panel The Modem Port on the Wall Extternal Modem (ADSL / VDSL / Cable TV) Modem Cable (Not Supplied) LAN Cable (Not Supplied) The LAN Port on the Wall...
How to view the e-Manual You can ﬁ nd instructions about your TV’s features in the e-Manual in your E-MANUAL TV. To use, press the E-MANUAL button on your remote. Move the cursor using the up/down/right/left buttons to highlight a category, then a topic, and then press the ENTER( button.
How to toggle between the e-Manual and the corresponding OSD menu(s). Picture %DVLF )HDWXUHV ! &KDQJLQJ WKH 3UHVHW 3LFWXUH 0RGH Changing the Preset Picture Mode Picture Mode Standard Picture Mode Try Now Backlight Select your preferred picture type. 1 In PC mode, you can only select Entertain and Standard.
Using the Zoom mode Select Zoom, and then press ENTER to magnify the Changing the Preset Picture Mode screen. You can scroll through the magniﬁed screen by using 2 MENUP Picture Picture Mode ENTER( the X or G buttons. Picture Mode ✎...
If the TV seems to have a problem, ﬁrst review this list of possible problems and solutions. Also review the Troubleshooting section in the e-Manual. If none of the troubleshooting tips apply, visit “www.samsung.com,” and then click on Support, or call Samsung customer service at 1-800-SAMSUNG.
4. Verify all connections are properly secured. Periodically check the connections for any sign of fatigue or failure. If you have any doubt about the security of your connections, contact a professional installer. To purchase the TV-Holder Kit, contact Samsung Customer Care –...
ﬁre or a problem with the TV caused by an increase in its internal temperature. ✎ When using a stand or wall-mount, use parts provided by Samsung Electronics only. If you use parts provided by another manufacturer, it may result in a problem with the product or an injury due to the product falling.
For information about the power supply, and more about power consumption, refer to the label attached to the product. Dispose unwanted electronics through an approved recycler. To ﬁnd the nearest recycling location, go to our website: www.samsung.com/recyclingdirect Or call, (877) 278 - 0799 (QJOLVK ...
Contact SAMSUNG WORLDWIDE If you have any questions or comments relating to Samsung products, please contact the SAMSUNG customer care center. Country Customer Care Center Web Site Address CANADA 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864) www.samsung.com Samsung Electronics Canada Inc., Customer Service 55 Standish Court Mississauga, Ontario L5R 4B2 Canada U.S.A...
E-MANUAL imagine the possibilities Thank you for purchasing this Samsung product. To receive more complete service, please register your product at www.samsung.com/register Model _____________ Serial No. _____________...
• Changing the Preset Picture Mode • Support Menu • Smart Hub - Additional Functions • Adjusting Picture Settings • Using Samsung Apps • Changing the Picture Size • AllShare™ • Changing the Picture Options • Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) • Using the TV with Your PC •...
Menú Canal ❑ Using the Channel Menu To access the Channel menu, press the Search SMART HUB button on your remote. After Recommended Smart Hub appears, use the arrow buttons on your remote to select Channel, and then press Favorites Channel Videos Photos...
Using the Timer Viewing You can set the TV to display a desired channel automatically on a day and at a time of your choice. → You must set the current time first using the Time Clock function in the System menu to use this function.
● Antenna: Select or Cable. ● Channel: Select the desired channel. You can only select memorized channels. ● Repeat: Select Once, Manual, Sat~Sun, Mon~Fri or Everyday. If you select Manual, you can set the day you want. mark indicates a day you selected. Date: You can set a desired date.
● Time: You can set the start time you want. Start On the Information screen, you can change or cancel a scheduled viewing. ● Cancel Schedules: Cancel a scheduled viewing. ● Edit: Change a scheduled viewing. ● Return: Return to the previous screen. ◀...
■ Channel List Channel List contains the channels your Channel List Added Channels TV displays (Added Channels) when you press TV #6 the CH LIST button on your remote. On the No Information List, you can view TV #10 Channel Added Channels, TV #11...
● Channels: Show all added channels. Added ● Favorites 1-5: Show all favorite channels, in up to five groups. Each group has a separate screen. If you want to view the list of favorite channels, press the CH LIST button, and then press the Mode) button to display Favorites 1-5.
● Mode): Toggles between the Favorites list (if you have added favorites using Favorites) and the Add to Added Channels. ● (Watch): Press to watch the channel you selected. ● (Page): Scrolls the to the next or previous page. Channel List Channel Status Display Icons Icon Operations...
How to use Timer Viewing Channel List (digital channels only) You can use Timer Viewing in the Channel List to schedule a digital channel program for viewing. The TV will turn on and display the digital channel program when the program begins. To schedule a digital program, follow these steps: 1.
3. Press the buttons to select the desired program, and then press the INFO button. 4. Press the buttons to select Viewing, and then press the Timer ENTERE button. 5. Press RETURN twice to exit. If you want to cancel Timer Viewing, follow Steps 1 through 3, and then select...
■ Channel SMART HUB → → Channel ENTERE Using the Channel function, you can add Channel All Channels channels, delete Added channels, set Favorite 10-1 TV #13 TV #6 channels, use the program guide for digital 10-2 TV #14 broadcasts and change between the TV #9 TV #10 13-1...
● Antenna: Toggle between or Cable. To access the Antenna function, use the arrow buttons to move the cursor to the icon on the top right Antenna corner of the screen. ● Edit Mode: Add channels to the Favorites list and delete channels from Channel List.
● Mode: Setting channels you watch frequently as favorites. Edit 1. Select the Edit Mode icon on the upper right of your screen, and then press the ENTERE button. 2. Press the arrow buttons to select a channel as a favorite, and then press ENTERE.
4. Highlight a group on the Favorites list, and then press ENTERE. Edit Favorites screen has five groups (Favorites 1, Favorites 2, etc.). You can add a favorite channel to any one of the groups. Select a group using the up and down arrows on your remote. 5.
2. Press the buttons to select a channel, and then press ENTERE. A mark appears to the left of the channel. You can select more than one channel. Pressing again deselects the channel. ENTERE 3. Select at the bottom of your screen, and then press ENTERE. Delete A pop-up appears asking if you want to delete the item.
Using the TOOLS button with Channel To use the TOOLS button functions, highlight a channel in the Added Channel list or All Channels list, and then press the TOOLS button. ● Add / Delete: Add a channel or delete a channel from the Added Channel list.
a channel using the TOOLS button in Channel, follow these steps: Delete 1. Use the arrow buttons to select Added Channels, and then press ENTERE. Added Channels will be at the very top or bottom of the screen. 2. On the Added Channels screen, select a greyed out channel.
NOTE ● Your TV lists all available channels, both added and deleted, on the menu. All Channels ● A gray-colored channel indicates the channel has been deleted. ● only appears if you have selected a deleted channel on the Channel list.
● Favorites: Setting channels you watch frequently as favorites. Edit To set channels as favorites, follow these steps: 1. Highlight a channel in the Channel List All Channels list, and then press the TOOLS button. 2. Select Edit Favorites in the TOOLS menu, and then press the ENTERE button.
● Favorites: Removing a channel from list of favorites using the TOOLS Edit buton. To remove a channel from the list of favorites, follow these steps: 1. Highlight a favorite channel in the list, and Channel List All Channels then press the TOOLS button. 2.
● (Appears only if you have selected an analog channel.): Channel Name Edit Assign a name of up to five characters to a channel. For example, Hist, Food, Golf, etc. This makes it easier to find and select the channel. ●...
❑ Using the Favorite Channels ■ Favorites SMART HUB → → Favorites ENTERE View all of your favorite channels. Favorites Favorites 1 Your favorite channels are organized in up to five groups (Favorites 1-5). If you want to move from one favorite group to another, follow these steps: ◀...
Functions on the Favorites Screen To access the functions listed below, use the arrow buttons to move the cursor to the icon of your choice on the top right corner of the screen, and then press ENTERE. ● View Mode: Toggles between the Text view and Thumbnail view of your favorite channels.
To use Antenna, or Sorting, select the appropriate icon as described View Mode, previous page, and then press ENTERE. Use the left or right arrow button to make your selection, and then press ENTERE. Using Edit Mode to Delete a Favorite 1.
4. Select OK, press ENTERE, and then press again. The channel is ENTERE deleted from Favorites. If you have assigned a channel to more than one favorite group (say Favorites 1 and Favorites 2), you must repeat this process in both groups to remove a channel entirely from your Favorites.
❑ Memorizing Channels → → MENUm Channel ENTERE ■ Antenna (Air / Cable) Your TV memorizes channels and adds the memorized channels to the Channel List. Before your TV can memorize channels, you must specify the signal source, either or Cable. If you select cable, when your start Auto Program, you must also specify the cable system type,...
To select or Cable, follow these steps: → → 1. Push MENUm Channel ENTERE on your remote. 2. Select Antenna, and then press ENTERE. 3. Select the source of your TV signal, or Cable, and then press the RETURN button. ◀...
■ Auto Program Scans for channels automatically and stores them in the TV’s memory. To start Auto Program, follow these steps: → → 1. Push MENUm Channel ENTERE on your remote. 2. Select Auto Program, and then press ENTERE. 3. Select Cable or both by highlighting and then pressing ENTERE.
5. If you selected Cable, the Cable System screen appears. Select Digital, and then press ENTERE. If you selected only, starts. Antenna Auto Program 6. Select or IRC, and then press ENTERE. STD, HRC, 7. Repeat for Analog. 8. Select Next, and then press ENTERE. starts.
❑ Other Features → → MENUm Channel ENTERE ■ Clear Scrambled Channel This function to filters out scrambled channels after Auto Program is completed. This process may take up to 30 minutes. How to Stop the Clear Scrambled Channels function ◀...
■ Fine Tune (analog channels only) If the reception is clear, you do not have to fine tune the channel, as this is done automatically during the search and store operation. If the signal is weak or distorted, fine tune the channel manually. Scroll to the left or right until the image is clear.
Basic Features ❑ Changing the Preset Picture Mode → → → MENUm Picture Picture Mode ENTERE ■ Picture Mode Picture modes apply preset adjustments to the picture. Select a mode using the up and down arrow keys, and then press the ENTERE button.
❑ Adjusting Picture Settings → → MENUm Picture ENTERE ■ Backlight / Contrast / Brightness / Sharpness / Color / Tint (G/R) Your television has several options for adjusting picture quality. Select an option using the up and down arrow keys, and then press ENTERE. Use the arrow keys to adjust the option value or select an option setting.
When you make changes to Backlight, Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, (G/R), the OSD will be adjusted accordingly. Color Tint mode, you can only make changes to Backlight, Contrast, Brightness, and Sharpness. You can adjust and store Settings for each external device connected to the TV. Lowering picture brightness reduces power consumption.
❑ Changing the Picture Size → → → MENUm Picture Screen Adjustment ENTERE ■ Screen Adjustment Screen Adjustment provides various picture size and aspect ratio options. Select an option using the up and down arrow keys, and then press ENTERE. Use the arrow keys to select an option in the sub-menu, and then press ENTERE.
Zoom1: Use for moderate magnification. Cuts off the top and sides. Zoom2: Use for a stronger magnification. Wide Fit: Enlarges the aspect ratio of the picture so it fits the entire screen. Available with HD 1080i / 720p signals in 16:9 mode. 4:3: Sets the picture to basic (4:3) mode.
Fit: When your TV inputs HDMI (720p / 1080i / 1080p) or Component Screen (1080i / 1080p) signals, displays the full image without any cut-off. Smart View 1: Reduces the 16:9 picture by 50%. 2: Reduces the 16:9 picture by 25%. Smart View Smart View 1 is enabled only in HDMI mode.
To use the function after selecting Fit, follow Position Zoom1, Zoom2 Wide these steps: ● When Double (à, Œ) mode has been set in (Picture-in-Picture), the Picture Size cannot be set. 1. Press the button to select Position. 2. Press the ENTERE button.
To use the function after selecting in HDMI (1080i/1080p) Position Screen Fit or Component (1080i/1080p), follow these steps: 1. Press the button to select Position. 2. Press the button. ENTERE 3. Press the u, d, button to move the picture. 4.
● HD (High Definition): 16:9 - 1080i/1080p (1920x1080), 720p (1280x720) ● You can adjust and store settings for each external device you have connected to an input on the TV. ● Picture Sizes available by Input Source: Input Source Picture Size ATV, AV, Component (480i, 480p) 16:9, Zoom1, Zoom2, 4:3 HDMI (720p, 1080i, 1080p)
❑ Changing the Picture Options ■ Advanced Settings → → → MENUm Picture Advanced Settings ENTERE Advanced Settings are available in the Standard Advanced Settings Movie modes. In mode, you can only make Black Tone changes to Gamma White Balance. Dynamic Contrast Medium Shadow Detail...
● Darkest): Select the black level to adjust the Black Tone (Off / Dark / Darker / screen depth. ● High): Adjusts the screen contrast. Dynamic Contrast (Off / Low / Medium / ● (-2~+2): Increases the brightness of dark images. Shadow Detail ●...
Off: Turns the function off. Expert Pattern Pattern1: This test screen demonstrates the effect of the display settings on shades of grey and black. Pattern2: This test screen demonstrates the effect of the display settings on colors. After selecting Pattern1 or Pattern2, you can adjust any of the advanced settings for the desired effect.
● Custom): Adjusts the range and variety of colors Color Space (Auto / Native / (the color space) available to create images. To adjust and Reset, set Color, Red, Green, Blue Color Space Custom. ● White Balance: Adjusts the color temperature for a more natural picture. R-Offset / G-Offset / B-Offset: Adjusts each color’s (red, green, blue) darkness.
● On): Controls the white balance in 10 point intervals 10p White Balance (Off / by adjusting the red, green, and blue brightness. Available for all inputs when you set the picture mode to Movie. Some external devices may not support this function. Interval: Select interval to adjust.
● Tone: Emphasizes pink “Flesh Tone.” Flesh ● Edge Enhancement (Off / On): Emphasizes object boundaries. ● Motion Lighting (Off / On): Reduces power consumption by reducing screen brightness when the picture on the screen is in motion. is not supported. When you change the the TV sets to Off.
● On): Setting on increases picture detail and enlarges the xvYCC (Off / xvYCC color space when your are watching movies input from an external device (e.g. BD/DVD player) connected to the TV’s HDMI or Component IN jacks. Available only when you set the picture mode to Movie and the external input to HDMI or Component.
■ Picture Options → → → MENUm Picture Picture Options ENTERE Select an option using the up and down arrow keys, and the press ENTERE. Use the arrow keys to change the setting, and then press ENTERE. In PC mode, you can only make changes to Color Picture Options Tone.
● Digital Noise Filter (Off / Low / Medium / High / Auto / Auto Visualization): If the broadcast signal received by your TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Noise Filter feature to reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen.
● Low): Lets you adjust the screen depth by HDMI Black Level (Normal / selecting a black level. Available only in HDMI mode. ● Auto2): Sets the TV so that it senses and then Film Mode (Off / Auto1 / processes film signals from all sources automatically and adjusts the picture for optimum quality.
The info screen on your TV displays the resolution and frequency of the incoming video signal (60 Hz). This displayed frequency is not the frequency of the picture the TV is displaying when you have Auto Motion Plus If noise occurs on the screen, please set Auto Motion Plus to Off.
Reduction: Adjusts the blur reduction level for signals input from all video Blur sources. Judder Reduction: Adjusts the judder reduction level for signals input from a video source through which you are playing a movie. Reset: Reset the custom settings. ◀...
■ Reset Picture (Yes / No) Resets your current picture mode to its default settings. ◀ ▶ English...
❑ Using the TV with Your PC Set the input source to PC. ■ Auto Adjustment → → → MENUm Picture Auto Adjustment ENTERE Automatically adjusts the picture’s frequency, position, and fine tune settings in the PC mode. Available in mode only.
■ PC Screen Adjustment → → → → MENUm Picture Screen Adjustment PC Screen Adjustment ENTERE Available in PC mode only. ● Coarse / Fine: Removes or reduces picture noise. If the noise is not removed by Fine-tuning alone, use the function to adjust the frequency as best Coarse as possible (Coarse) and Fine-tune again.
Depending on your version of Windows and your video card, the procedure on your PC will probably differ slightly from the procedure presented here. However, the same basic information will apply in most cases. (If not, contact your computer manufacturer or Samsung Dealer.) ◀ ▶...
1. Click “Control Panel” on the Windows start menu. 2. Click “Appearance and Themes” in the “Control Panel” window. A display dialog- box appear. 3. Click “Display”. Another display dialog box appears. 4. Click the “Settings” tab on the display dialog-box. ●...
Sound Menu ❑ Changing the Preset Sound Modes → → → MENUm Sound Sound Mode ENTERE ■ Sound Mode Use the up and down arrow keys to select an option, and then press ENTERE. ● Standard: Selects the normal sound mode. ●...
❑ Adjusting Sound Settings → → → MENUm Sound Sound Effect ENTERE ■ Sound Effect Speaker Select is set to External Speaker, Sound Effect is disabled. Available only when Sound Mode is set to Standard. ● SRS TruSurround HD (Off / On) This function provides a virtual 5.1 channel surround sound experience through ◀...
● Equalizer The Equalizer displays a series of sliders. Use the up and down arrow keys to select a slider. Use the left and right arrow keys to change the slider’s value. To Reset Equalizer, select Reset and press ENTERE, then select press ENTERE.
■ 3D Audio for LED 6400 Series and above 3D audio technology provides an immersive sound effect corresponding to the immersive perspective effect of 3D video through audio depth control in perspective. Available only when your are watching 3D images.
■ Broadcast Audio Options ● Preferred Language (digital channels only) Use the up and down arrow keys to select a language, and then press ENTERE. Digital-TV broadcasts can simultaneously transmit many audio tracks (for example, simultaneous translations of the program into foreign languages). ◀...
● Multi-Track Sound (MTS) (analog channels only) Select an option using the up and down arrow keys, and the press ENTERE. Mono: Choose for channels that are broadcasting in mono or if you are having difficulty receiving a stereo signal. Stereo: Choose for channels that are broadcasting in stereo.
■ SPDIF Output SPDIF (Sony Philips Digital Interface) provides digital audio output to speakers and various digital devices such as A/V Receivers and Home Theaters which reduces interference and distortion. ● Format: You can select the Digital Audio output (SPDIF) format. The Audio available Digital Audio output (SPDIF) format may differ depending on the input source.
■ Speaker Settings ● Speaker Select (External Speaker / TV Speaker) If you are listening to the sound track of a broadcast or movie through an external receiver, you may hear a sound echo caused by the difference in decoding speed between the TV’s speakers and the speakers attached to your audio receiver.
NOTE ● When you set Speaker Select External Speaker, the TV’s speakers are turned off. You will hear sound through the external speakers only. When you set Speaker Select TV Speaker both the TV’s speakers and the external speakers are on. You will hear sound through both. ●...
● Auto Volume (Off / Normal / Night) Normal equalizes the volume level on each channel, so that when you change channels, the volume level is the same. Night equalizes and decrease the volume level on each channel, so each channel is quieter.
■ Sound Reset (OK / Cancel) Reset all sound settings to the factory defaults. Select Reset, press ENTERE, select in the pop-up, and then press ENTERE again. ◀ ▶ English...
Preference Features ❑ Wired Network Connection ■ Connecting to a Wired Network There are three ways to attach your TV to your LAN using cable: ● You can attach your TV to your LAN by connecting the LAN port on the back of your TV to an external modem using a LAN cable.
● You can attach your TV to your LAN by connecting the LAN port on the back of your TV to an IP Sharer which is connected to an external modem. Use LAN cable for the connection. See the diagram below. The Modem TV Rear Panel Port on the Wall...
● Depending on how your network is configured, you may be able to attach your TV to your LAN by connecting the LAN port on the back of your TV directly to a network wall outlet using a LAN cable. See the diagram below. Note that the wall outlet is attached to a modem or router elsewhere in your house.
● If you have a Dynamic Network, you should use an ADSL modem or router that supports the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). Modems and routers that support DHCP automatically provide the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS values your TV needs to access the Internet so you do not have to enter them manually.
■ Network Settings → → → MENUm Network Network Settings ENTERE Set the network connection to use various Internet services such as Smart Hub, AllShare™ and perform software upgrades. ■ Network Status → → → MENUm Network Network Status ENTERE You can check the current network and Internet status.
■ Automatic Network Setup Use the Automatic Network Settings when connecting your TV to a network that supports DHCP. To set up your TV’s cable network connection automatically, follow these steps: How to set up automatically 1. Go to the Network Settings screen.
If the connection process fails, check the Network Setting LAN port connection. Wired network and Internet connection completed. MAC Address 00:12:fb:2b:56:4d If the automatic process cannot find the IP Address 192.168.11.4 Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 Gateway 192.168.11.1 network connection values or if you want to DNS Server 192.168.11.1 SEC_LinkShare...
■ Manual Network Setup Use the Manual Network Setup when connecting your TV to a network that requires a Static IP address. Getting the Network Connection Values To view the Network connection values on most Windows computers, follow these steps: 1.
How to set up manually To set up your TV’s cable network connection manually, follow these steps: 1. Go to the Network Settings screen. IP Settings (MENUm → → Network Network Settings IP Mode Manual → ENTERE) IP Address 0 . 0 . 0 . 0 2.
4. Select the field at the top, press ENTERE, and then set to Manual. IP Mode 5. Press the button on your remote to go to the IP Address entry field, and then press ENTERE. 6. Enter the first portion of the (for example, 105) into the first entry IP Address field using the number keys on your remote.
9. When done entering the Address, press ENTERE. 10. Press the down arrow key to go to the Subnet Mask fields, and then press ENTERE. 11. Repeat the same entry process for Gateway, and Subnet Mask, Server. 12. When done, select at the bottom of the page, and then press ENTERE.
Samsung Wireless LAN adapter (WIS09ABGN, WIS09ABGN2 or WIS10ABGN - sold separately), which you connect to your TV’s back or side panel USB port. See the illustration below. : One Samsung Wireless LAN adapter is included with your TV. For LED 6050 Series ◀...
Samsung’s Wireless LAN adapter is sold separately and is offered by selected retailers, Ecommerce sites and Samsungparts.com. Samsung’s Wireless LAN adapter supports the IEEE 802.11a/b/g and n communication protocols. Samsung recommends using IEEE 802.11n. When you play video over a IEEE 802.11b/g connection, the video may not play smoothly.
● To use a wireless network, your TV must be connected to a wireless IP sharer (either a router or a modem). If the wireless IP sharer supports DHCP, your TV can use a DHCP or static IP address to connect to the wireless network. ●...
If you select the Pure High-throughput (Greenfield) 802.11n mode and the Encryption type is set to WEP, TKIP or TKIP AES (WPS2Mixed) on your AP or wireless router, Samsung TVs will not support a connection in compliance with new Wi-Fi certification specifications.
● Ensure the TV is turned on before you connect the Samsung Wireless LAN adapter. ● Connection Methods: You can set up the wireless network connection in five ways: – Auto Setup (Using the Auto Network Search function) – Manual Setup –...
The picture may appear corrupted or have static for some channels when the TV is connected to the Samsung Wireless LAN adapter. If this occurs, establish a connection using one of the following methods or connect the Samsung Wireless LAN adapter using a USB cable in a place that is not affected by radio interference.
1. Connect the extension cable to the USB 1 (HDD) port. 2. Connect the extension cable and Samsung Wireless LAN adapter. 3. Attach the Samsung Wireless LAN adapter to the back of the TV near the top, using double-sided adhesive tape.
❑ Connecting to a Wireless Network for LED 6500 Series and above You can connect your TV to your LAN through a standard wireless router or modem. Wireless IP sharer The LAN Port on the Wall (router having DHCP server) ◀...
This TV supports the IEEE 802.11a/b/g and n communication protocols. Samsung recommends using IEEE 802.11n. When you play video over a IEEE 802.11b/g connection, the video may not play smoothly. NOTE ● To use a wireless network, your TV must be connected to a wireless IP sharer (either a router or a modem).
If you select the Pure High-throughput (Greenfield) 802.11n mode and the Encryption type is set to WEP, TKIP or TKIPAES (WPS2Mixed) on your AP or wireless router, Samsung TVs will not support a connection in compliance with new Wi-Fi certification specifications.
● Connection Methods: You can setup the wireless network connection in five ways: – Auto Setup (Using the Auto Network Search function) – Manual Setup – WPS (PBC) – One Foot Connection – Plug & Access ◀ ▶ English...
■ Automatic Network Setup Most wireless networks have an optional security system that requires devices that access the network to transmit an encrypted security code called an Access or Security Key. The Security Key is based on a Pass Phrase, typically a word or a series of letters and numbers of a specified length you were asked to enter when you set up security for your wireless network.
How to set up automatically 1. Go to the Network Settings screen. Network Settings (MENUm → → Network Network Select a network connection type. Wired → ENTERE. Settings Wireless(General) Previous Set up wireless network by WPS(PBC) 2. Select Wireless (General), press selecting your Access Point.
5. If the Security Key screen appears, go to Network Setting step 6. If you select a wireless router that Enter security key 0 entered does not have security, go to step 8. Previous 6. If the Enter wireless router has security, Next Cancel enter the Security key...
8. The network connection screen appears and the verification process starts. When the connection has been verified, the “Internet connection successful.” message appears. If the network does not accept the Security key (Security key or PIN), select Retry or select IP Settings to enter the settings manually.
■ Manual Network Setup Use the Manual Network Setup when connecting your TV to a network that requires a Static IP address or if the automatic connection process has failed. Getting the Network Connection Values To view the Network connection values on most Windows computers, follow these steps: 1.
How to set up manually To set up your TV’s cable network connection manually, follow these steps: 1. Go to the Network Settings screen. IP Settings → → (MENUm Network Network Settings IP Mode Manual → ENTERE) IP Address 0 . 0 . 0 . 0 Subnet Mask 0 .
4. In the list of networks, press the button to select a network, and then press the button twice. ENTERE If the Access Point (AP) is set to Hidden (Invisible), you have to select Network and enter the correct network Name (SSID) and Security key to establish the connection.
6. Enter the Security key (Security key or PIN). When you enter the Security key (Security key or PIN), use buttons on your remote to select numbers/characters. Press ENTERE enter the characters. You can also enter numbers by pressing the number buttons on your remote.
8. The network connection screen appears and the verification process starts. Press to cancel. Select on the network connection ENTERE IP Setting screen. The IP Settings screen appears. 9. Select the field on the top, press ENTERE, and then set IP Mode to Manual.
13. Repeat the entry process for each field in the Address. If you make a mistake when entering a number, re-enter the number to correct it. You can also press the button to change the number one unit at a time. 14.
■ WPS(PBC) Network Setup How to set up using WPS(PBC) If your router has a WPS(PBC) button, follow these steps: 1. Go to screen. Network Setting Network Settings (MENUm → → Network Network Select a network connection type. Wired → ENTERE). Settings Wireless (General) Previous...
One Foot Connection Network Setup One Foot Connection function lets you connect your Samsung TV automatically to a Samsung wireless router. If your wireless router does not support Connection, you must connect using one of the other methods. One Foot You can check for equipment that supports on www.
How to set up using One Foot Connection 1. Turn on the Samsung wireless router and the TV. 2. Go to screen. Network Settings Network Settings (MENUm → → Network Network Settings Select a network connection type. Wired → ENTERE).
4. Place the wireless router in parallel with the Samsung Wireless LAN adapter or your TV set (if you do not need to use the Adapter), and no farther away than 25cm (about 9 3/4 inches). One Foot Connection does not connect your TV to your Router, a pop-up window appears on the screen notifying you of the failure.
Samsung TV to your Samsung wireless router by using a USB memory stick to transfer the setup information from the router to the TV. If your non-Samsung AP does not support Plug & Access, you must connect using one of the other methods.
How to set up using the Plug & Access function 1. Turn on the Samsung wireless router and your TV. 2. Insert a USB memory stick into the USB port in your Samsung wireless router. Check the router’s LED’s to make sure it is on (Blinking → on).
5. The network connection screen appears, and the network setup is done. 6. Place the wireless router in a desired location. If the wireless router’s settings change or you install a new wireless router, you must perform the procedure again, beginning from Step Plug &...
This Priority QOS function is unique to Samsung wireless routers. You can connect a Samsung wireless router to many devices, such as laptops, mobile phones, BD players etc. But, when you connect a Samsung TV to a Samsung wireless router, the Samsung wireless router gives the Samsung TV a priority connection. This ensures you get the highest quality streaming contents and the fastest throughput speed.
Ad hoc Network Setup You can connect to a mobile device supporting Ad-hoc connections without a wireless router or wireless router through the “Samsung Wireless LAN adapter”. When connected to a mobile device, you can use files on the device or connect to the Internet using the AllShare or Multimedia function.
4. Select OK, and press ENTERE. The TV searches for the mobile device. 5. When the TV finish searching for mobile devices, input the generated Network into the device you want to connect. Name (SSID) Security Key If network does not operate normally, check the Network Name (SSID) Security key again.
The internet connection may fail because of a firewall problem. If this is the case, contact your Internet service provider. If you cannot connect to the Internet even after you have followed the procedures of your Internet service provider, please contact Samsung Electronics at 1-800-SAMSUNG. English...
❑ Setting the Time → → → MENUm System Time ENTERE ■ Time The current time will appear every time you press the INFO button. ● Clock: Set the clock to use the various timer features of the TV. If you disconnect the power cord, you have to set the clock again. –...
Manual: Set the current time manually. Depending on the broadcast station and signal, the auto time set up may not be correct. In this case, set the time manually. – Clock Set: Set the Date and Time. Select Clock Set. Select Date or Time, and then press ENTERE.
– Zone: Select your time zone. Time This function is only available when the Clock Mode is set to Auto. – DST (Off / On): Switches the DST (Daylight Saving Time) function on or off. This function is only available when the Clock Mode is set to Auto.
Setting the On / Off Timer → → → MENUm System Time ENTERE On Timer so that your TV turns on On Timer 1 automatically at a time and on a day of your Setup choosing. ● Timer: You can set up three separate On Time 12:00 am Volume...
Setup: Select or Manual. Off, Once, Everyday, Mon~Fri, Mon~Sat, Sat~Sun If you select Manual, you can choose the days you want On Timer to turn on your TV. mark indicates days you’ve selected. Time: Set the hour, minute, am/pm. Use the number buttons or the up and down arrow keys to enter numbers.
Source: Select TV or USB. Select TV and the TV will display broadcast or cable TV programs when it turns on automatically. Select USB and the TV will play content from a USB device when the TV turns on automatically. (You can select USB only when a USB device is connected to the TV) Antenna (when the...
NOTE ● If there is no music file on the USB device or you don’t select a folder containing a music file, the Timer function does not operate correctly. ● If there is only one photo file in the USB, the Slide Show will not play. ●...
● Off Timer 1 / Off Timer 2 / Off Timer Off Timer 1 You can set up three separate Off Timer Setup configurations. (Off Timer 1, Off Timer 2, Off Timer Time 12:00 am You must set the clock before you can Timer.
❑ Blocking Programs → → → MENUm System Security ENTERE ■ Security When you access the Security functions for the first time, the PIN input screen appears. Enter a 4 digit PIN you will remember. The PIN screen closes and the Securty Menu appears.
Rating: You can block TV programs based on their ratings. This function allows you to control what your children can watch. TV Rating displays a grid with locks. The following categories are on the left side: – TV-Y: Young children / TV-Y7: Children 7 and over / TV-G: General audience / TV-PG: Parental guidance / TV-14: Viewers 14 and over / MA: Mature audience ◀...
The following categories are on top: – ALL: Lock all TV ratings. / FV: Fantasy violence / V: Violence / S: Sexual situation / L: Adult Language / D: Sexually Suggestive Dialog To block certain content, you select a lock, and press ENTERE (That is, you “click it”.).
To unblock a category, click the lock. To unblock all the categories in a row, click the lock under ALL. To watch a blocked program, you must enter the Security code when requested. Movie Rating (MPAA): You can block movies based on their MPAA rating. The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) has implemented a rating system that provides parents or guardians with advanced information on which films are appropriate for children.
displays a column with locks and the following ratings Movie Rating categories: – G: General audience (no restrictions). / PG: Parental guidance suggested. / PG-13: Parents strongly cautioned. / R: Restricted. Children under 17 should be accompanied by an adult. / NC-17: No children under age 17. / X: Adults only.
Rating: You can block TV programs based on their Canadian English Anglophone Canadian rating. Canadian English Rating displays a column with locks and the following ratings categories: – C: Programming intended for children under age 8. / C8+: Programming generally considered acceptable for children 8 years and over to watch on their own.
To block certain content, you select a lock, and press (That ENTERE is, you “click it”.). For example, click the lock and you block all TV programs rated 18+. The rating categories are also grouped so that clicking one category blocks all the categories a parent would block along with it.
Rating: You can block TV programs based on their French Canadian French Canadian rating. Canadian French Rating displays a column with locks and the following ratings categories: – G: General / ans+: Programming generally considered acceptable for children 8 years and over to watch on their own. / ans+: Programming may not be suitable for children under the age of 13.
To block certain content, you select a lock, and press (That ENTERE is, you “click it”.). For example, click the 18 ans+ lock and you block all TV programs rated ans+. The rating categories are also grouped so that clicking one category blocks all the categories a parent would block along with it.
NOTE ● If information is not downloaded from the broadcasting station, Downloadable U.S. Rating menu is deactivated. ● Parental restriction information is automatically downloaded while you watch DTV channels. It may take several seconds. ● Downloadable U.S. Rating menu is available for use after information is downloaded from the broadcasting station.
● Even if you set the on-screen display to another language, the Downloadable U.S. Rating menu will appear in English only. ● Blocking one rating level will automatically block other categories that deal with more sensitive material. ● The rating titles (For example: Humor Level..etc) and TV ratings (For example: DH, MH, H..etc) may differ depending on the broadcasting station.
How to watch a restricted program or movie If the TV is tuned to a restricted program or movie, the Program Rating Lock will block it. The screen will go blank and the following message will appear: “This channel is blocked by Lock.
❑ Other Features → → MENUm System ENTERE ■ Menu Language Set the menu language. 1. Select Menu Language, and then press the ENTERE button. 2. Choose a language, and then press the ENTERE button. Choose from English, Español, and Français. ◀...
■ Caption (On-Screen Text Messages) ● Caption (Off / On): You can switch the caption function on or off. If captions are not available, they will not be displayed on the screen. Caption feature does not work with devices connected to the TV through the Component, HDMI or PC input jacks.
Text1~Text4: (digital channels Default / Service1~Service6 / CC1~CC4 / only) The Digital Captions function works with digital channels. Service1~6 may not be available in digital caption mode depending on the broadcast. ● Digital Caption Options: (digital channels only) Adjusts the each option. When done, select Close.
Color: You can change the background color of the caption. Background Options include Default, White, Black, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Magenta and Cyan. The default is Black. Foreground Opacity: This adjusts the opacity of text. Options include Default, Transparent, Translucent, Solid and Flashing. Opacity: This adjusts the opacity of the caption background.
NOTE ● Digital Caption Options are available only when you can select Default Service1 ~ Service6 Caption mode. ● The availability of captions depends on the program being broadcast. ● setting follows the standards set by the broadcaster. Default ● You cannot set the Foreground Background...
❑ Economical Solutions ■ Eco Solution → → → MENUm System Eco Solution ENTERE ● Energy Saving (Off / Low / Medium / High / Picture Off): Lets you adjusts the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. If you select Picture Off, the screen is turned off, but the sound remains on.
Backlight: When is On, you can manually adjust the minimum Eco sensor screen brightness. Eco Sensor is On, the display brightness may change (become slightly darker or brighter) depending on the surrounding light intensity. You can control the screen’s minimum brightness with the Min Backlight function. ●...
■ Auto Protection Time (Off / 2 hours / 4 hours / 8 hours / 10 hours) If the screen displays a still image for a certain period of time you define, the TV activates the screen saver to prevent the formation of burnt in ghost images on the screen.
■ General ● Game Mode (Off / On): When you have connected a game console such as a PlayStation™ or Xbox™ to the TV, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience if you set Game Mode on. Precautions and limitations for Game Mode: –...
HDMI cable to the TV. ● Boot Logo (Off / On): Displays the Samsung logo when the TV is turned on. ● Name: Sets the TV name so you can find it easily on a mobile device. If you select User Input, you can type on the TV using the OSK (On Screen Keyboard).
■ Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) For details on set up options, refer to the “What is Anynet+?” instructions. ◀ ▶ English...
■ DivX® Video On Demand Shows the registration code authorized for the TV. If you connect to the DivX web site and register using that code, you can download the VOD registration file. If you activate the VOD registration using My Contents, the registration is completed. For more information about DivX®...
■ Network Remote Control (On / Off) Turn on/off or give permission to Samsung mobile phone devices to connect with and control the TV. You must have a Samsung Mobile phone/device which supports Wireless Remote Control. For more details, refer to each device’s manual.
❑ Picture In Picture (PIP) → → → MENUm System ENTERE ■ You can watch a program whose signal has passed through the TV’s tuner and video from one external video source simultaneously. For example, if you have a cable box connected to the Cable In jack, you can use PIP to watch programs from the cable box and a movie from a Blu-ray player attached to the HDMI In jack.
NOTE ● For PIP sound, refer to the Sound Select instructions. ● If you turn the TV off while watching in the PIP mode, the PIP function is reset to off. When you turn your TV on, you must turn PIP on again to watch in the PIP mode.
● PIP Settings The picture from the external video source will be in the main screen and the picture from the TV’s tuner will be in the PIP sub-picture window. Main picture Sub picture Component, HDMI, PC ◀ ▶ English...
● On): Activate or deactivate the PIP function. PIP (Off / ● Air/Cable (Air / Cable): Select either Cable as the input source for the sub-screen. ● Channel: Select the channel for the sub-screen. ● (õ / Œ): Select a size for the subpicture. Size ã...
Support Menu ❑ Support Menu → → MENUm Support ENTERE ■ e-Manual e-Manual is built into your TV. Open the e-Manual to learn how to use your TV’s many features. For the detailed information about the e-Manual Screen, refer to “How to view the e-Manual”...
Yes: Select Yes if the test picture does not appear or there is noise or distortion in the test picture. There may be a problem with the TV. Contact Samsung’s Call Center for assistance.
◀ ▶ speaker during the sound test. There may be a problem with the TV. Contact Samsung’s Call Center for assistance. No: Select if you can hear sound from the speakers. There may be a problem with your external equipment. Please check your connections. If the problem persists, refer to the external device’s user manual.
● Information: (digital channels only) The reception quality of over-the-air Signal HD channels is either perfect or the channels are unavailable. Signal Information displays HD channel signal strength so you can adjust your antenna to increase signal strength and receive HD channels. ●...
■ Software Upgrade The Software Upgrade menu lets you upgrade your TV’s software to the latest version. ● Current Version: This is the software version already installed in the TV. The current version is displayed in the following format: Year/Month/Day_ Version number.
Upgrading to the Latest Version You can upgrade in four ways: • By USB • By Online • Alternative Software • By Standby Mode Upgrade The three methods are explained in the following pages. ◀ ▶ Be careful not to turn off the power until the upgrade is complete. The TV will turn off and on automatically after completing the software upgrade.
By USB To upgrade by USB, follow these steps: TV Rear Panel 1. Visit www.samsung.com. 2. Download the latest USB software upgrade exe archive to your computer. ● The displayed image may differ depending on the 3. Extracts the exe archive to your computer.
By Online By Online function lets you download the upgrade software directly from the Internet into your TV and then upgrade the software in one operation. To use By Online, you must have configured your TV to connect to your network and the TV must be connected to the Internet.
4. If you select Now, the TV upgrades the software, turns off, and then Upgrade turns on automatically. 5. If you do not make a selection in one minute or select Later, the TV Upgrade stores the new upgrade software. You can upgrade the software later using the Alternative Software function.
Alternative Software Alternative Software option lets you upgrade using a file the TV downloaded earlier, but you decided not to install immediately, or a file downloaded by the TV in Standby Mode (See Standby Mode Upgrade on the next page). To upgrade By Alternative Software, follow these steps:...
Standby Mode Upgrade You can set the Standby Mode Upgrade function so that the TV downloads new upgrade software when it is in Standby mode. In Standby mode, the TV is off, but its Internet connection is active. This allows the TV to download upgrade software automatically, when you are not using it.
To set Upgrade, follow these steps: Standby Mode 1. Press the arrow buttons to select Upgrade in Standby Mode, and then press button. ENTERE 2. Select or Off. ● Off: If you select Off, the TV will notify you with a pop up message when new upgrade software is available.
■ Contact Samsung View this information when your TV does not work properly or when you want to upgrade the software. You can find information regarding our call centers and how to download products and software. ◀ ▶ English...
For LED 6400 Series and above This exciting new feature enables you to view 3D content. To fully enjoy this feature, you must purchase a pair of Samsung 3D Active Glasses (SSG-3100GB, SSG-3300GR, SSG-3300CR, SSG-3700CR) to view 3D video. Samsung 3D Active Glasses are sold separately.
IMPORTANT HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATION FOR 3D PICTURES. Read and understand the following safety information before using the TV’s 3D function. WARNING ● Some viewers may experience discomfort while viewing 3D TV such as dizziness, nausea and headaches. If you experience any such symptom, stop viewing 3D TV, remove the 3D Active Glasses and rest.
● A responsible adult should frequently check on children who are using the 3D function. If there are any reports of tired eyes, headaches, dizziness, or nausea, have the child stop viewing 3D TV and rest. ● Do not use the 3D Active Glasses for other purposes (such as general eyeglasses, sunglasses, protective goggles, etc.) ●...
● Mode: Select the 3D input format. If you want to experience the 3D effect fully, put the 3D Active Glasses on first, and then select the 3D Mode from the list below that provides the best 3D viewing experience. 3D Mode Operation Turns the 3D function off.
● +5): Adjust overall 3D perspective of on-screen image. 3D Perspective (-5 ~ ● Depth (1~10): Adjust overall depth. ● L/R Change (L/R Image / R/L Image): Swap the left and right pictures. → ● 2D (Off / On): Displays the image for the left eye only. →...
How to watch the 3D images Some 3D modes may not be available depending on the format of the image source. To watch in 3D, you must wear 3D Active Glasses and turn the glasses on by pressing the power button. 1.
3. Use the button to select Mode, 3D mode and then press the button. ENTERE 4. Using the buttons on your remote control, select the 3D Mode of the image Cancel you want to view. ● The displayed image may differ depending on the model.
Supported formats and operating specifications for Standard HDMI 3D The 3D formats listed below are recommended by the HDMI association and must be supported by 3D TVs. Source signal format Standard HDMI 1.4 3D 1920x1080p@24Hz x 2 1920x2205p@24Hz 1280x720p@60Hz x 2 1280x1470p@60Hz ◀...
● is not supported in mode. ● 3D Active Glasses from Samsung’s previous product (IR type) or other manufacturers are not be supported. ● When the TV is initially powered on, it may take some time until the 3D display is optimized.
● The 3D Active Glasses may not work properly if there is any other 3D product or electronic devices turned on near the glasses or TV. If there is a problem, keep other electronic devices as far away as possible from the 3D Active Glasses.
Smart Hub ❑ Smart Hub Using Smart Hub, you can stream movies, Search videos, and music from the Internet, access Recommended various for pay or free-of-charge applications and view them on your TV. Application content Favorites Channel Videos Photos Music Web Browser includes news, sports, weather forecasts, stock ◀...
Exit: Exits the SMART HUB. TV. Enter a keyword to Search search for media, various Samsung Apps : You can applications, or online download various for pay or information that you can free-of-charge application Recommended use on the TV.
NOTE ● Samsung Electronics takes no legal responsibility for any interruption of the Smart Hub service caused by the service provider for any reason. ● The Smart Hub service downloads and processes data via the Internet so that you can enjoy the Internet contents on your TV screen. If the Internet connection is unstable, the service may be delayed or interrupted.
● For more information about a Smart Hub service, visit the web site of the applicable service provider. ● The services provided are subject to change by the Smart Hub service provider without notice. ● The Smart Hub service contents may differ depending on the player’s firmware version.
Starting Smart Hub the First Time To start Smart Hub for the first time, follow these steps : 1. Press the SMART HUB button. 2. The screen appears. In a few cases, the screen appears Smart Hub Country immediately after. 3.
Using the Keypad Through your remote, you can use the On-Screen Keypad to enter letters, numbers, and symbols. ● Entering Text, Numbers and Symbols To enter text, press the number button on the remote that corresponds to the letter you want to enter. Press the button rapidly to enter a letter that is not the first letter listed on the On-Screen keypad button.
Creating an Account To establish your own, exclusive, configuration of Smart Hub, create your own Smart Hub account. Note ● You must use an e-mail address as an ID. ● You can register up to 10 User Accounts. ● You do not need an account to use Smart Hub.
To create an account, follow these steps: 1. Press the button on your remote control. Login The Login screen appears. Smart TV ID Press [ENTER] Password Press [ENTER] 2. Press the buttons to select Remember my Smart TV id and password Create Account, and then press the Login...
5. When done, press the button to select OK, and then press the ENTERE button again. The Login screen re-appears. ENTERE 6. Select Password, and then press the button. The Password screen ENTERE and a keyboard appear. 7. Use the keypad to enter a password. The password can be any combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
8. When done, press the button to select OK, and then press the ENTERE button again. The Login screen re-appears. ENTERE 9. Select Confirm, and then press the button. ENTERE 10. Repeat Steps 7 and 8. 11. When the Login screen re-appears, select Account, and then press the Create ENTERE...
14. The Register Service Account Window appears. If you have existing accounts with any of the listed providers, you can associate the provider account and the provider account password with your Smart Hub account. Registration makes it easier to access the providers web site. For registration instructions, go to Step 2 in Account Management under...
Account Log In To log in to your Smart Hub account, follow these steps: 1. With the Smart Hub main screen displayed on your TV, press the button on your remote. The Login screen appears. 2. Select the next to the field, and then press the Smart TV ID ENTERE...
4. Select Password, and then press the button. The Password ENTERE window and a keypad appears. 5. Using the keypad and your remote, enter your password. When done, press ENTERE button, select OK, and then press the ENTERE button again. If you want Smart Hub to enter your password automatically, select Remember my Smart TV id and password after you have entered your...
❑ Setting up Smart Hub ■ Settings The Settings Menu Screen gives you access to account management, account reset, and account properties functions. To access the Settings Menu, and then select a menu item, follow these steps: 1. Press the button on your remote.
The functions on the Menu screen are described below. Settings ● Account Management Settings Account Management Menu contains Account Management Service Manager functions that let you register your service Reset provider accounts, change your Smart Hub Properties password, and delete or deactivate your Smart Hub account.
Account: If you have existing accounts with any of the Register Service providers listed by the Register Service Account function, you can associate the provider account and the provider account password with your Smart Hub account. If you associate the account, you will be able to log onto the account through Smart Hub easily, without entering your account name or password.
Service Provider you want to associate with your Smart Hub account, and then press the ENTERE button. If you have a Samsung account and you want to use the Samsung Apps function in Smart Hub, you must register your Samsung Apps account here.
4. If you have entered the ID and password correctly, the Registered message appears, asking you if you want to add another Successfully service provider. If you do, press the ENTERE button. If not, press the RETURN button and return to the Settings Menu.
Password: The function lets you change your Change Change Password Smart Hub password. To change the password, follow these steps: 1. Select Change Password, and then press the ENTERE button. 2. Enter your current password. The next screen appears. 3. On the next screen, enter a new password on the first line. Enter it again on the second line to confirm.
List: The function Remove from TV Account Remove From TV Account List cancels all your current registered Service Accounts that you registered on the screen. Register Service Account Deactivate Account: The Deactivate Account function deactivates your Smart TV ID and deletes it and all your account settings entirely from Smart Hub.
● Service Manager Ticker Autorun: You can set Ticker Autorun to come on when powering on the Ticker application provides useful News, Weather, and Stock Market information. The application on must be downloaded to use Ticker Smart Hub this feature. Depending on your country, the Ticker application may have a different service...
● Reset: The function initializes all downloaded applications, erases all Reset user accounts and settings from the TV, and resets all Smart Hub settings to the factory default settings. It then restarts Smart Hub as if it were starting for the first time.
2. Enter the your security password. The default password set is “0-0-0-0.” If you forget the PIN code, press the remote control buttons in the following sequence in Standby mode, which resets the PIN to “0-0-0-0”: MUTE → 8 → 2 → 4 → POWER (on). 3.
● Properties The Properties menu item lists three functions that display information about Smart Hub : Detail: Lists information about Smart Hub including version number, the number of services installed, memory usage, and the unique product ID. Terms of Service Agreement: Display the Terms of Service Agreement.
■ Edit Mode The functions in the Edit Mode menu let you manipulate the applications in the My Applications section of the Smart Hub screen. Using these functions, you can lock and unlock access to some applications, create folders and move applications to them, rename folders, delete applications, and change the position of applications on the screen.
The functions in the Menu bar are described below. Edit Mode NOTE ● Some menu items may not appear on the screen. To see these items, press to move to the screen edge, and then press one more time to reveal the items.
3. Press the to select Position, and then press the Change button. A position change icon appears above the application. ENTERE 4. Press the to move the icon. Press the button ENTERE when the icon is in the position of your choice. The application moves to its new location.
3. Use the keypad to enter the name of the folder. 4. Select OK, and then press the ENTERE button. The New Folder screen closes and the New Folder appears on the Smart Hub screen. ● Move to Folder function lets you move an application to a folder. To use Move to Folder Move to Folder function, follow these steps:...
3. Press the to select Folder, and then press the Move to button. The Move to Folder window opens. ENTERE 4. Press the to select a folder, and then press the ENTERE button. The Moved to Folder message appears, and then closes. The application has been moved to the folder.
To Edit Items in a Folder Select a folder, and then press the ENTERE button. The folder opens. Press button on your remote. The Edit buttons appear at the bottom of the screen. These buttons work the same as the Edit Mode menu buttons on the main screen.
● Rename Folder Rename Folder function lets you rename folders. To use the Rename Folder function, follow these steps: 1. Press the button on your remote. 2. Press the to select a folder, and then press the ENTERE button. 3. Press the to select Rename a Folder, and then press the...
● Lock Lock function lets you lock some application in My Applications so they can not be opened without entering the password. To use the Lock function, follow these steps: 1. Press the button on your remote. 2. Press the / rto select an application, and then press the button.
● Unlock 1. Press the button on your remote. 2. Press the / rto select a locked application, and then press the button. ENTERE 3. Press the to select Unlock, and then press the ENTERE button. The Security window appears. 4.
● Delete Delete function lets you delete application from My Applications. To use Delete function, follow these steps: 1. Press the button on your remote. 2. Press the to select an application, and then press the ENTERE button. 3. Press the to select Delete, and then press the ENTERE button.
■ Sort by The functions in the Sort Menu let you sort the applications in My Applications by Name, Date, Frequency (of use), and Category. If you manually change the position of an application, the Sort Menu automatically highlights User Defined when you start it.
❑ Using Smart Hub Enjoy photos, music and/or movie files saved Search on a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device Recommended and/or your PC. 1. Press the SMART HUB button. Favorites Channel Videos Photos Music Web Browser 2. Press the button to select Videos, Schedule Ma...
❑ Connecting a USB Device 1. Turn on your TV. TV Rear Panel 2. Connect a USB device containing photo, music and/or movie files to the USB [1(HDD), 2 or 3] port on the back or side panel of the TV. USB Drive 3.
Read this information before using Smart Hub with a USB device . ● The USB function might not work properly with unlicenced multimedia files. ● MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is not supported. ● The file system supports FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS. ●...
● Before connecting your device to the TV, please back up your files to prevent them from damage or loss of data. SAMSUNG is not responsible for any data file damage or data loss. ● Connect a USB HDD to the dedicated USB 1 (HDD) port.
● The TV cannot play MP3 files with DRM that have been downloaded from a for pay site. Digital Rights Management (DRM) is a technology that supports the creation, distribution, and management of digital content in an integrated and comprehensive way, including protecting the rights and interests of content providers, preventing illegal copying of contents, and managing billings and settlements.
● If the TV has no input during the time set in Time, the Auto Protection Screensaver will run. ● The power-saving mode of some external hard disk drives may be released automatically when you connect them to the TV. ●...
❑ Connecting to a PC through a network You can play pictures, music, and videos saved in your PC through a network connection in the AllShare mode. For more information on how to configure your TV and connect it to your network, see ‘Network Connection’.
The following Smart Hub functions are not supported when you are playing media from a PC connected through a network: ● functions. Background Music Background Music Setting ● Sorting files by preference in the Music, and folders. Photos, Videos ● (REW) or (FF) button while a movie is playing.
Depending on the Internet server, when you use Smart Hub through a network connection: ● The sorting method may vary. ● function may not be supported. Scene Search ● function, which resumes playing of a video, may not be Resume supported.
❑ Screen Display Move to the file you want to play using the up/down/right/left buttons, and then press the (Play) button. The file is played. ENTERE � Home: Return to content Music Device name: Displays the home name of the connected Change Content/Device: device Upper Folder...
❑ Videos Playing a Video 1. Press the button to select the Play 1:02:15 / 2:04:10 Movie 1.avi desired video in the file list. 2. Press the ENTERE button or (Play) � button. ● The file name appears on the top with its ◀...
● You can use the (REW), (FF), Pause, Stop, and Play buttons on the π µ bottom of your remote during playback. ● Press the RETURN button to exit the movie ● Supported Video Subitle Formats (for language subtiles, etc.) Name File extension Format...
Other Restrictions NOTE ● Video content will not play, or not play correctly, if there is an error in the content or the container. ● Sound or video may not work if the contents have a standard bitrate/frame rate above the compatible Frame/sec listed in the table above. ●...
● The menu may take longer to appear if the video’s bit rate exceeds 10Mbps. ● Some USB/digital camera devices may not be compatible with the player. Video Decoder Audio Decoder • • Supports up to H.264, Level 4.1 Supports up to WMA 7, 8, 9, STD •...
Using the Play Continuously Function (Resume Play) If you exit a movie when it is playing, you can play the movie later from the point where you stopped it. Resume function does not support multiple users. (It will only memorize the point where the most recent user stopped playing.) 1.
❑ Music Playing Music 1. Press the button to select the Music Playlist 13/30 Music_1 desired music file in the file list. Singer I Love You Music_2 Ming Singer Music_3 Love Singe R&B 2. Press the ENTERE button or (Play) �...
Creating My Playlist 1. On the Music screen in the Smart Hub menu, press the button to select Edit Mode, and then press the ENTERE button. A check box appears to the left of the files. 2. Press the button to select the tracks you want to add, and then press the ENTERE button.
4. Press the button to select Add to My Playlist. Note that selecting Clear My Playlist will return My Playlist to the default playlist and remove all the tracks you added. 5. Press the button. The message “Selected items were added to My ENTERE Playlist.”...
Playing Selected Music Files 1. On the Music screen in the Smart Hub menu, press the button to select Edit Mode on the far right side of the screen, and then press the ENTERE button. u /d 2. Press the button to select the desired music file in the file list, and then ENTERE...
❑ Photos Viewing a Photo (or Slide Show) 1. Press the button to select the l/r/u/d Normal Friends.jpg 1024 X 768 2011/01/03 desired file in the file list. 2. Press the ENTERE button. ● To view files manually, one at a time, press the left or right arrow buttons.
When you press the (Play) button in the file list, the slide show will start � immediately. During a show, press the TOOLS button to access additional functions such Slide Slide Show Speed, Background Music, Zoom, and Rotate. You can add background music to a slide show if you have music files on your USB device or PC by setting Background Music to On in the Tools menu, and then selecting music files to play.
❑ Smart Hub - Additional Functions Sorting the file lists To sort files in the file lists, select the (Sort) icon in the top right of the screen by using the button. Then, press the ENTERE button. The checks below indicate which media the sort criteria apply to. Sort Criteria Operation Videos...
Sort Criteria Operation Videos Music Photos Artist Sorts the music file by artist in alphabetical order. > Album Sorts the music file by album in alphabetical order. > Genre Sorts music files by the genre. > Monthly Sorts and shows photo files by month. >...
Videos/Music/Photos Play Option menu When playing video, music, or photo files, you can press the TOOLS button to display an Options menu. Below are a series of tables listing the options available and the media each option applies to. Option Name Operations Videos Music...
Option Name Operations Videos Music Photos Title Search You can move directly to another Title. > You can search the movie using buttons Time Search > at intervals of 10 seconds. You can view a subtitle. You can select a specific language if the subtitle file contains multiple Subtitle >...
Option Name Operations Videos Music Photos Sound Mode You can change the Sound Mode. > > > You can enjoy video in one of supported languages. The function is enabled only when you Audio Language > play stream-type files which support multiple audio formats.
Option Name Operations Videos Music Photos Slide Show Effect You can set various slide show effects. > Background Music You can start or stop background music. > On / Off You can set and select background music when Background Music >...
❑ Using Samsung Apps ■ Samsung Apps Samsung Apps is a store from which you can download applications to use on Samsung TV/AV equipment. You can enjoy a variety of contents such as videos, music, photos, games, useful information etc. using the downloaded applications.
Using the colored buttons with Samsung Apps. ● Red (Login): To log in to the Internet What’s New? Welcome to Samsung Apps! More apps are in store for you to enjoy. What’s New? service. Accu Weather Video TV store Test User001...
Using Samsung Apps by category The following categories are available: ● New?: Displays newly registered applications. What’s ● Video: Displays apps that provide video media such as movies, TV shows and short length videos. ● Game: Displays various game apps such as sudoku and chess.
● Information: Includes apps that provide information content such as news, financial information, stock quotes, weather, etc. ● Other: Includes other miscellaneous apps. ● Account: Displays the application list and your cyber cash balance. Starting in the middle of 2010 (US and Korea only), you can purchase cyber- cash that you can use to buy applications through tv.samsungapps.com.
■ Social TV (May not be available, depending on your country.) Share your TV viewing experience with your friends via social networking services (SNS). Using the Social TV function provided by the Smart Hub, you can use an SNS function such as Twitter, Facebook or Google Talk while watching TV in the same way you use it on a PC.
1. To open TV, press the buttons to select Social Social and then press the button. ENTERE 2. Enjoy your social network service through Social TV Using the colored and function buttons with Social TV ● (Log in / Logout): To log into or logout of the Smart Hub account. ●...
Easily search for and access content from diverse sources (e.g. applications, Your Video, AllShare) ● Usable while using SMART HUB ◀ ▶ ● For easy access, use the SEARCH button on the remote control. ● For detailed instructions to use search function, please visit www.samsung. com. English...
1. To open Search, press the buttons to select Search, and then press the button. ENTERE 2. If you want to input a search term directly, press the button. A ENTERE keypad screen appears. Enter the search term using the remote control. If you want to select a category, press the button.
Lets you select a movie, displays a list of VOD (Video on Demand) providers ◀ ▶ that have the movie, and then lets you choose a provider for streaming. (Streaming is unavailable in some areas.) ● For instructions to use Your Video, please visit www.samsung.com. English...
Video: Personalize your movie-watching with a customized video on demand Your (VOD) recommendation service. Searched: You can search for a video by selecting a key word in the key Most word list. The key word list displays words you frequently use for searches Application: You can search top video applications and services for a video.
■ Web Browser For LED 6300 and 6900 Series (May not be available, depending on your country.) Using the Web Browser function provided by the Smart Hub, you can surf the Internet on your TV. 1. To open Browser, press the buttons to select ◀...
When the Web Browser opens, the cursor is in Tab Mode. In Tab Mode, the cursor highlights text or objects, or surrounds them with a blue rectangle. To move the cursor in Tab Mode, use the buttons. Press ENTERE to select. To scroll the screen down, use the buttons.
Stop: Refreshes the current page or stops the current connection from Refresh / loading. Home: Goes to the URL you specified as your the home page. Zoom: You can select a zoom level of 50%, 75%, 100%, 125%, 150%, 200%, 400% Fit to Screen.
When you highlight a page, the button appears on the right. Access the Options Options by selectng the Options button, and then pressing ENTERE. In the Options pop-up you can Delete the selected page from the history list, Delete All pages from the History list, or the selected page to Favorites.
Window: Displays images of open windows (the List). You can add the Window current page to the list (using Add a new page), select and access a page in the list, select and close a page in the list, or close all pages. The selected page is the enlarged page in the center.
Using the colored and function buttons with the Web Browser ● Red (Back): Moves to previous page. If there is no saved previous web page, this button will not work. ● Green (Zoom): You can select a screen size of 50%, 75%, 100%, 125%, 150%, 200%, 400% Fit to...
● TOOLS (Options): Displays the icons from the top of the page in a toolbar in the middle of the screen. Press RETURN to close. ● Down): You can scroll the page up or down. (Scroll Up / ● Return: Return to the previous screen or close the Browser.
● Tool: Provides an easy-to-read page by enlarging the main text. Reading ● Clean Site: When Clean Site is on, you can only access the web pages registered in Site. Use Clean Site to restrict your children’s access to Clean appropriate web pages.
● Site: Lets you add the currently displayed web site to the Clean Add Current Site list. Manage: Lets you key in URLs to add to the List and Clean Site Clean Site delete sites from the Clean Site List. If you turn Clean Site on and have not added any sites to the...
● Options: You can configure options. Web Browser Home Settings: You can set the home page. – Most Visited Sites: Set the most frequently visited URL as the home page. – CurrentPage: Sets the current page as the home page. –...
– Off): Turns the on or off. Advertisement Block (On / Advertisement Block – Block Current Site: Adds the current page to the blocked list. – Manage Advertisement Block: Displays the Advertisement Block Site screen. You can add a website for which advertisements Management should be blocked by directly keying in the URL, or you can delete a website from the list.
Encoding: You can set the Encoding setting for webpages to Automatic or Manual. – Automatic Selection (On / Off): Select the Encoding settings for webpages automatically. – Settings: Select the Encoding settings for webpages manually. Select an encoding format from the encoding format list. Pointer: You can set the speed of the cursor when the cursor is set to Pointer Mode.
Other company’s TV Cameras are not ◀ ▶ compatible with Skype on your TV. For more information, download the Skype user’s manual from “www.samsung. com.” ■ BEST BUY APPLICATION For LED 6420 and 6900 Series For more information, visit “BestBuy.com/connected”.
[Legal Statement] Due to the various capabilities of products featuring the Samsung Smart Hub - Content Service, as well as limitations in the available content, certain features, applications, and services may not be available on all devices or in all territories.
❑ Troubleshooting for Smart Hub Problem Possible Solution Some application contents only The Application content language may be different from the appear in English. How can I change application user interface language. the language? The ability to change the language depends on the service provider.
■ Troubleshooting for Web Browser 1. To open Browser, press the buttons to select Browser, and then press the ENTERE button. The Web Browser may be displayed differently with PC. 2. The is not compatible with a Java application. Web Browser 3.
7. Scrolling a web page that allows only part (and not the whole) of the page to be scrolled may cause corrupted characters. 8. ActiveX is not supported. 9. Some options cannot be accessed in Tab mode. (To access such options, switch to Pointer mode.) 10.
14. When writing emails or posting messages, some functions (Such as changing the size or colours.) may not be supported. 15. The number of bookmarks and logs that can be saved is limited. 16. The maximum number of windows that can open at the same time may vary depending on the browsing condition or TV model.
21. When you import or export the bookmark, the folder tree is not included. 22. If you import the bookmark file to a Computer from a TV, the bookmark file will be saved in “Samsung SmartTV Bookmark” folder. 23. If the time is not set in the menu (System →...
IS WITH YOU. THE DEVICE AND ALL THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. SAMSUNG EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE DEVICE AND ANY CONTENT ◀...
◀ ▶ device. Samsung may impose limits on the use of or access to certain services or content, in any case and without notice or liability. Samsung is neither responsible nor liable for customer service related to the content and services. Any question or request for service relating to the content or services should be made directly to the respective content and service providers.
(such as your PC) by controlling them on the TV via the network. Additionally, you can use your TV for browsing web pages on your mobile phones. For more information, visit “www.samsung.com” or contact the Samsung call ◀ ▶...
All Share If your Samsung TV connects to a non-Samsung DLNA server, a compatibility issue may occur during video playback. By connecting your Samsung TV to a network via AllShare™, you can use Samsung’s original functions as follows: – Playback of various video formats (DivX,XVID, MP4, 3GPP, AVI, ASF, MKV, etc.)
❑ Setting Up AllShare™ MENU → → → Network AllShare Settings ENTERE ■ AllShare Settings ● Media (On / Off): Enables or disables the media AllShare Settings function. When the media function is on, you can Media control Media contents play using mobile phones or other devices that support DLNA DMC.
■ Media Shows a list of mobile phones or connected devices which have been set up to use the Media function with this TV. The Media function is available in all devices which support DLNA DMC. ● Allowed / Denied: Allows/Blocks the devices. ●...
Using the Media Function An alarm window appears informing you that media contents (videos, photos, music) sent from a mobile phone will be displayed on your TV. The contents are played automatically 3 seconds after the alarm window appears. If you press the RETURN or EXIT button when the alarm window appears, the media contents are not played.
● To turn off media contents transmissions from a mobile phone, set Media in the AllShare Settings. ● Contents may not play on your TV depending on their resolution and format. ● buttons may not work depending on the type of ENTERE media content.
■ What is Anynet+? Anynet+ is a function that enables you to control all connected Samsung devices that support Anynet+ with your Samsung TV’s remote. The Anynet+ system can be used only with Samsung devices that have the Anynet+ feature. To be sure your Samsung device has this feature, check if there is an Anynet+ logo on it.
● For instructions explaining how to connect Anynet+ external devices, refer to the device’s user manual. You must connect an Anynet+ device using an HDMI cable. Some HDMI cables may not support Anynet+ functions. ● Anynet+ works when the AV device supporting Anynet+ is in the standby or on status.
● However, you can connect only one Anynet+ Home Theater. To connect an Anynet+ Home Theate, connect the Home Theater to the TV using an HDMI cable then: – To hear sound from the Home Theater’s Front, Left and Right speakers and the subwoofer only, connect a Digital Optical cable between the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) jack on your TV and the Digital Audio Input on the Home Theater.
Anynet+ Menu The Anynet+ menu changes depending on the type and status of the Anynet+ devices connected to the TV. Anynet+ Menu Description • Changes Anynet+ mode to TV broadcast mode. View TV • Shows the Anynet+ device list. Device List •...
❑ Setting Up Anynet+ → → → MENUm System Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) ENTERE ■ Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) (Off / On) To use the Anynet+ Function, Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) must be set to On. When the Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) function is disabled, all the Anynet+ related operations are deactivated.
■ Auto Turn Off (No / Yes) Set an Anynet+ Device to turn off automatically when the TV is turned off. Auto Turn Off is set to Yes, running external devices will turn off at the same time as the TV powers off. May not be enabled depending on the device.
❑ Switching between Anynet+ Devices 1. Press the TOOLS button, select Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC), and then press ENTERE. 2. Select Device List, and then press the ENTERE button. If you cannot find a device you want, select Refresh to refresh the list. 3.
menu appears only when you set Device List Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) in the menu. System ● Switching to the selected device may take up to 2 minutes. You cannot cancel the switching operation while switching is in progress. ● If you have selected an Anynet+ device by pressing the SOURCE button and then selecting its input source, you cannot use the Anynet+ function.
❑ Listening through a Receiver You can listen to sound through a receiver (i.e Home Theater) instead of the Speaker. 1. Select Receiver and set to On. 2. Press the EXIT button to exit. If your receiver supports audio only, it may not appear in the device list. The receiver will work when you have properly connected the optical in jack ◀...
Using the ARC function You can listen to sound through a receiver connected using an HDMI cable without connecting a separate optical cable. 1. Select and set to On. Receiver 2. Press the EXIT button to exit. To use the ARC function, a receiver which supports the HDMI-CEC and ARC features must be connected to the HDMI IN 2 (ARC) port.
❑ Troubleshooting for Anynet+ Problem Possible Solution • Check if the device is an Anynet+ device. The Anynet+ system Anynet+ does not work. supports Anynet+ devices only. • You can connect only one receiver (home theater). • Check if the Anynet+ device power cord is properly connected. •...
• Check if the Anynet+ device is properly connected to the TV and I want to start Anynet+. check if the Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) is set to in the Anynet+ Setup menu. • Press the TOOLS button to display the Anynet+ menu and select a menu you want.
• Check whether or not the device supports Anynet+ functions. The connected device is not displayed. • Check whether or not the HDMI cable is properly connected. • Check whether Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) is set to in the Anynet+ setup menu. •...
❑ TroubleShooting If your TV seems to have a problem, first review this list of issues and solutions. If none of these troubleshooting tips apply, please visit “www. samsung.com,” and then click on Support, or contact the Samsung call center.
Issues Solutions and Explanations • Store displays are all tuned to digital, HD (high definition) channels. The TV image does not look as good as it did in the store. • If you have an analog cable/set top box, upgrade to a digital set top box.
Issues Solutions and Explanations • If you’re using a Component connection, make sure the component Color is wrong or missing. cables are connected to the correct jacks. Incorrect or loose connections may cause color problems or a blank screen. • Adjust the Picture options in the TV menu (go to...
Issues Solutions and Explanations • If the picture size is set to Fit, change it to 16:9. Screen There is a dotted line on the edge of the screen. • Change the cable/satellite box resolution. • If you are using an AV composite input, connect the video cable The picture is black and white.
Issues Solutions and Explanations • Make sure the glasses are turned on. The 3D Active Glasses are not working correctly • The 3D Active Glasses may not work properly if there is any other 3D product or electronic devices turned on near the glasses or TV. •...
Issues Solutions and Explanations Sound Problem First, perform the Sound Test to determine if your TV audio is operating properly. • Go to MENU - Support Self Diagnosis Sound Test) If the audio is OK, the sound problem may caused by the source or signal.
Issues Solutions and Explanations • Set the option to in the menu. Speaker Select TV Speaker Sound The picture is good but there is no sound. • If you are using an external device, check the device’s audio output option. (Ex. You may need to change your cable box’s audio option to HDMI if you have the box connected to your TV using an HDMI cable.) •...
Issues Solutions and Explanations RF (Cable/Antenna) Connection • Make sure the coaxial cable is connected securely. The TV is not receiving all channels. • Auto Program to add available channels to the channel list. Go to MENU - Channel Auto Program then select Auto and make sure to select the correct Cable TV signal type.
The video is OK but there is no audio. on your PC. Network Connection ◀ ▶ • The Samsung Wireless USB dongle is required to use a wireless The wireless network connection failed. network. • Make sure the Network Connection is set to Wireless. •...
Issues Solutions and Explanations Others • Remove the left and right audio connections from the set-top- Purple/green rolling horizontal bars and buzzing noise from the box. If the buzzing stops, this indicates that the set-top-box has a TV speakers with a Component grounding issue.
Issues Solutions and Explanations • This smell is normal and will dissipate over time. There is a plastic smell from the • This function is only available for digital channels the TV receives from The TV Signal Information unavailable in the Self Diagnosis an Antenna / RF/Coax connection.
Issues Solutions and Explanations • Check the cable connections and reconnect them. You have intermittent loss of audio or video. • Loss of audio or video can be caused by using overly rigid or thick cables. Make sure the cables are flexible enough for long term use. If mounting the TV to a wall, we recommend using cables with 90 degree connectors.
Refer to the manual provided with the Kensington Lock for additional information on proper use. The Kensington Lock is not supplied by Samsung. Please find a “K” icon on the rear of the TV. The Kensington slot is beside the “K”...
To lock the product, follow these steps: 1. Wrap the Kensington Lock cable around a large, stationary object such as desk or chair. 2. Slide the end of the cable with the lock attached through the looped end of the Kensington Lock cable.
❑ License TheaterSound, SRS and the symbol are trademarks of SRS Labs, Inc. TheaterSound technology is incorporated under license from SRS Labs, Inc. Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. Manufactured under license under U.S. Patent #’s: 5,451,942; 5,956,674; 5,974,380; 5,978,762;...
DivX Certified® to play DivX® video up to HD 1080p, including premium content. DivX®, DivX Certified® and associated logos are trademarks of DivX, Inc. and are used under license. ABOUT DIVX VIDEO: DivX® is a digital video format created by DivX, Inc. This is an official DivX Certified® device that plays DivX video.