Screening Calls (Auto Disconnect Feature)
You can screen incoming calls by listening as the caller leaves a message. If you want
to talk to that caller, pick up any extension phone.
You can access your answerer from any touch-tone phone by entering your 4-
digit security code (the default security code is 0123). The remote functions do not
work with rotary or push-button pulse-dialing phones. You can cut out the wallet-
size remote card near the back of the User's Guide so you know the touch-tone
commands when you're picking up messages from another location.
To access your answerer:
1. Call your telephone number.
2. After you hear the beep that follows the greeting, enter your 4-digit security code.
To bypass the greeting, you can enter your 4-digit security code at any time while
the greeting is playing.
3. The unit plays the remote menu after the correct security code has been entered.
Menu selections can be made at any time while the menu is playing.
4. You may select the function you want on the phone's keypad you are using.
5. To end the call, hang up or press the "6" button while the menu is playing.