LOWER CHUTE (See Figs. 6A & 6B)
Use Hardware - - GROUP "D"
1. Press weld nut into rubber latch and install two latch
hook assemblies to lower chute using screw, washer,
and lock washer nut as shown.
2. Tighten hardware securely.
3. Lower mower deck to its lowest cutting position.
4. With your right hand, raise and hold deflector shield in
5. With your left hand, hold lower chute as shown and
position lower rear edge of chute between gauge wheel
bracket tab and mower housing. Align "B" on lower chute
extended edge with "B" on mower housing.
6. With your right hand, push firmly on the lower chute until
the extended edge slides under the deflector shield and
along side the hinge bracket as shown.
7. With chute in proper position, hold the chute securely, so
it does not move, while hooking the rear and front latches
to the mower deck.
NOTE: While hooking the latches, the deflector shield may
try to push the chute away from the mower deck opening. It
is important to hold the chute in position while hooking the
latches to the mower deck.
If your tractor is equipped with gage wheels on the deck,
then it will be necessary to hook the rear latch into the
hole in the R.H. gage wheel bracket.
CAUTION: Do not remove discharge
guard from mower. Raise and hold guard
when attaching lower chute and allow it
to rest on chute while in operation.
EXTENDED EDGE "B"
Must be under deflector shield
and along side the hinge bracket
LOWER REAR EDGE
BETWEEN GAUGE WHEEL
BRACKET TAB AND
ALIGN CHUTE "B"
WITH MOWER "B"