Use with Thermostat
T8090A, T8095, T8190
T8090A, T8095, T8190
WHEN INSTALLING THIS PRODUCT
1. Read these instructions carefully. Failure to follow
them could damage the product or cause a hazardous
2. Check the ratings given in the instructions and on the
product to make sure the product is suitable for your
3. Installer must be a trained, experienced service tech-
4. After installation is complete, check out product
operation as provided in these instructions.
1. Disconnect power supply to prevent electrical
shock or equipment damage.
2. On systems using a low-voltage gas valve,
never apply a jumper across valve coil terminals.
This may burn out thermostat heat anticipator.
1. T8082, T8085, T8090, T8190 and T8095 Fuel Saver
Thermostats are mounted at true level when cali-
brated at the factory. An inaccurately leveled sub-
base will cause the temperature control to deviate
from set point.
2. Refer to thermostat Owner Manual for complete
Locate the subbase about 5 ft. [1.5m] above the floor in
an area with good air circulation at average temperature.
Do not mount the subbase where the thermostat may be
— drafts, or dead spots behind doors and in corners.
— hot or cold air from ducts.
— radiant heat from the sun, appliances or fireplace.
— concealed pipes and chimneys.
— unheated (uncooled) areas, such as an outside wall
behind the thermostat.
Q682B,D,L Switching Subbases
J. H. • Rev. 4-94 • ©Honeywell Inc. 1994 • Form Number 60-1179—7
1. If replacing an existing thermostat, remove thermo-
stat and wallplate or subbase. To avoid miswiring, label
wires with the letter or number of each terminal as it is
disconnected. Be sure insulation on thermostat wires is in
good condition (not cracked, worn or frayed). Replace
wires if necessary.
If a new installation, prepare an opening for the thermo-
stat wires, run wires and pull about 3 in. [76 mm] through
NOTE: Color-coded, 18-gauge thermostat cable (Under-
writers Laboratories Inc., approved limited energy safety
control wire) with one conductor to each wiring terminal
2. Use a spirit level for leveling the Q682 Switching
Subbase (Fig. 1) and mount to the wall with the three
screws provided. If mounting to a horizontal outlet box, use
the two machine screws furnished.
Fig. 1—Leveling the Q682 Switching Subbase.
Disconnect power supply before making wiring connec-
tions to prevent electrical shock or equipment damage.
All wiring must comply with local electrical codes and
Clogged Filter LED
EM.HT. and AUX.