RANGE HOOD USE
The canopy hood is designed to remove smoke, cooking vapors
and odors from the cooktop area. For best results, start the hood
before cooking and allow it to operate several minutes after the
cooking is complete to clear all smoke and odors from the
Hood control panel
B. Light switch
C. Blower switch
D. Blower speed control switch
Operating the light
1. Move the light switch to the "1" position. The light should
2. Move the light switch to the "0" position. The light should
Operating the blower
1. Move the blower switch to the "1" position. The blower
should turn on.
2. Move the blower speed control switch to vary the blower
speed from low (left) to high (high).
3. Move the blower switch to the "0" position. The blower
should turn off.
RANGE HOOD CARE
Cleaning and Maintenance
Be sure lights are cool before cleaning the hood.
■ Do not use steel wool or soap-filled scouring pads.
■ Rub in direction of the grain line to avoid marring the surface.
■ Always wipe dry to avoid water marks.
Professional Formula Stainless Steel Cleaner &
Polish is the cleaner recommended for cleaning stainless steel
surfaces on this product. To order call our Customer Service
Center at 1-800-442-9991 or order on-line at
www.applianceaccessories.com and ask for part number
8171420. To order from Canada, call 1-800-807-6777.
■ If commercial cleaners are used, follow label directions. Do
not use products that contain chlorine (bleach). Chlorine is a
For routine cleaning and fingerprints, use liquid detergent soap
and water, or all-purpose cleaner. Wipe with damp cloth or
sponge, then rinse with clean water and wipe dry.
The filters should be washed frequently. Place metal filters in
dishwasher or hot detergent solution to clean.
To remove filter:
Use two hands to remove filter. Push tab back to release the
locking pin, pull down and forward. Repeat with other filter(s).
To reinstall filter:
1. Place back edge of filter into channel at rear of hood liner.
2. Push filter up while pushing tab back.
3. When filter is in place, release tab. Locking pin will hold filter
in place. Repeat with other filter(s).
Replacing the halogen lamps
The hood liner uses 12-volt, 20 watt halogen lamp bulbs.
Before you begin, make sure that the range hood is turned off
and that the lamps have had sufficient time to cool.
Never touch a halogen bulb with bare hands. Even a small
amount of oil from your hands could cause the bulb to explode
when it heats up. If you do touch the bulb directly, clean it with a
soft cloth and rubbing alcohol, and let it dry thoroughly, before
turning it on.
To replace a halogen lamp:
1. Remove 2 screws from the circular metal trim around the
2. Pull the trim with the lamp assembly attached down far
enough so that the lamp can be pushed out of the socket clips.
3. Insert the new lamp into the socket clips and push the lamp
and trim assembly back up into the hood.
4. Replace the screws
Charcoal Filters (with grates) kit........Part Number 4396565
Replacement Charcoal Filters........Part Number 4378623
Two 6" (15.2 cm) round to 10" (25.4 cm) round
vent transition kit ........Part Number 4396915