Owners Manual LSR305 LSR308 LSR310 S 5" Powered 8" Powered 10" Powered Studio Monitor Studio Monitor Studio Subwoofer...
Thank you for your purchase of JBL 3 Series Studio Monitors To receive important information as it becomes available please take a moment to register your 3 Series speakers now. Click the link or go to www.jblpro.com/3series...
Section 1: Important Safety Instructions Explanation of Graphic Symbols Read these instructions. Keep these instructions. The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the users to Heed all warnings. the presence of important operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in the Follow all instructions.
Unpacking ......................6 Placement ......................7 Audio Connections ....................8 Power Connections ....................8 Making Sound ......................9 LSR305 and LSR308 Powered Studio Monitors Front and Rear Views ................... 10 Input Panel ......................11 Audio Connections ....................11 LSR310S Powered Studio Subwoofer Front and Rear View ...................
• JBL’s Patented Slip Stream ™ low frequency port design that works in concert with the woofer to produce deep bass response at all playback levels. The double-flared shape of the port is precisely engineered for greater low- frequency extension and reduced turbulence.
100 hours without failure. This demanding test ensures your 3 Series speakers will deliver years of reliable performance. To get the most out of your JBL 3 Series, please review this owner’s manual and keep it on hand for future reference.
• Position each LSR305 and LSR308 speaker in a vertical orientation with the tweeter on the top. Vertical orientation eliminates phase shift and cancellation of frequency response that occurs when the distance of the woofer to the ear is different from the distance of the tweeter to the ear.
• If you notice the sound is distorted, set this switch to the +4 dBu setting. • When using the LSR310S in a system with the LSR308 or LSR305 studio monitors, set the INPUT SENSITIVITY switch on the LSR305 or LSR308 to the -10dBV setting regardless of the LSR310S input sensitivity switch setting.
MAkING SOUND After connections are made, reduce the output level of the audio source (mixing console, computer recording system, or preamp) to minimum. Set the 3 Series POWER SWITCH to the “ON position.” After a short delay the POWER INDICATOR on the front of each speaker will illuminate and the speakers will be ready to reproduce audio signals.
Section 4: LSR305 and LSR308 Powered Studio Monitors Front View Back View FEATURES 1. HIGH FREQUENCY TRANSDUCER (Tweeter) – Reproduces high frequency signals. 2. WAVEGUIDE – The specially designed Image Control Waveguide enhances imaging and optimizes the blend of direct and reflected sound in the room, ensuring neutral sound at the mix position.
INPUT PANEL 10. XLR INPUT – Connect professional equipment using an XLR connector. 11. 6 mm (¼") INPUT - Connect equipment using a 6 mm (¼") balanced or unbalanced connector. 12. INPUT SENSITIVITY SWITCH – Set this switch to +4 dBu to protect from overload when connecting to professional equipment and sources with very high output.
Section 5: LSR310S Powered Studio Subwoofer Front View Back View Bottom View FEATURES 1. LOW FREQUENCY TRANSDUCER “WOOFER” – Reproduces low frequency signals. 2. POWER INDICATOR – Illuminates when power is connected and the Power Switch is set to ON. 3.
9. INPUT SENSITIVITY switch – Set this switch to the +4 dBu setting when connecting professional equipment and sources with very high output. NOTE: When the LSR310S is used in a system with LSR305 and LSR308, set the INPUT SENSITIVITY switch on the LSR305 or LSR308 to the -10dBV setting regardless of the LSR310S input sensitivity switch setting.
SETTING THE SUBWOOFER LEVEL When the LSR310S Subwoofer is used in a system with LSR305 or LSR308 speakers, the ideal balance is achieved when the position of the volume control on the subwoofer is set to the same position as the volume control on the main speakers.
External Select this setting when connecting the subwoofer to an external bass management system. When external is selected, XLR left and right outputs are disabled. SURROUND SOUND SYSTEMS AND LFE The LSR310S Subwoofer can be used to reproduce the LFE (Low Frequency Effects) or .1 channel in a surround sound system.
• Make sure the VOLUME CONTROL is not set to the full counter-clockwise minimum position. • Confirm the power cable is connected and the POWER SWITCH is set to the ON position. If the above measures do not correct the problem, please contact JBL Professional Customer Service.
On The World Wide Web: www.jblpro.com PROFESSIONAL CONTACTS, OUTSIDE THE USA: Contact the JBL Professional Distributor in your area. A complete list of JBL Professional international distributors is provided at our U.S.A. website: www.jblpro.com EN DEHORS DES ETATS-UNIS: Contacter votre Distributeur JBL Professional. Une liste complète de nos distributeurs internationaux est disponible sur le site web - www.jblpro.com...
Department), 8500 Balboa Boulevard, PO. Box 2200, Northridge, California 91329 (818/893-8411). We may direct you to an authorized JBL Service Agency or ask you to send your unit to the factory for repair. Either way, you’ll need to present the original bill of sale to establish the date of purchase. Please do not ship your JBL product to the factory without prior authorization.