Enhanced-IDE (ATAPI) interface.
Power tray loading and ejection of disc. (The disc can also be ejected manually.)
Combination CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL,
DVD-RAM functions into one drive.
Supports Region playback control Phase II.
Automatic buffer underrun error prevention technology.
48X max Writing (CD-R), 32X max Writing (CD-RW), 18X max Writing (DVD+R,
DVD-R), 8X max Writing (DVD+RW), 6X max Writing (DVD-RW), 8X max Writing
(DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL), 12X max Writing (DVD-RAM Ver. 2.0 higher), 48X max
Reading (CD-ROM, CD-R), 40X max Reading (CD-RW), 16X max Reading (DVD-
ROM single, DVD+R, DVD-R), 12X max Reading (DVD-ROM dual, DVD+R DL,
DVD-R DL, DVD+RW, DVD-RW), 12X max Reading (DVD-RAM Ver. 2.0 higher)
Writing speed depends highly on capabilities of discs.
CD-RW Writing : Low speed : 4X
High speed : 10X
Ultra speed :16X, 24X, 32X
Follow these precautions when handling the drive or discs.
• Please take notice that the manufacturer of this equipment does not offer any warranty against
data loss due to inappropriate installation or handling, or direct or indirect damages.
• Please take notice that the manufacturer will bear no responsibility for direct or indirect damages
caused by the use of this product or its malfunction.
• Please take notice that the manufacturer will bear no responsibility for damage to data caused by
• Please backup (copy) all important data as a protection against data loss.
• Avoid placing the drive in a location subject to:
- high humidity, high temperature, excessive dust, mechanical vibration, direct sunlight
We recommend using the drive in a horizontal or vertical position. Do not use it in tilted position.
• Don't move the drive suddenly from a cold place to a warm one or raise the room temperature
suddenly. Condensation may occur, causing abnormal operation.
• Make sure to remove the disc before moving the drive. The disc may become damaged, causing
• Be careful to prevent foreign objects, such as liquids or metal, from entering the drive. In case a
foreign object enters the drive, please consult the dealer where the drive was purchased.
• Don't interrupt the electric power while the drive is operating.
• When connecting two IDE devices to the Primary or Secondary connectors, make sure that the
two devices are not configured as both Master, or both Slave. If they are both set the same,
Windows may fail to run or recognize the drives.
• The total length of the IDE cable should be no more than 18 inches (about 45 cm).