T8601D CHRONOTHERM® IV DELUXE PROGRAMMABLE THERMOSTATS
The thermostat can be mounted horizontally on the wall
or on a 2 in. x 4 in. wiring box. Position wallplate
horizontally on the wall or on a 2 in. x 4 in. wiring box.
1. Position and level the wallplate (for appearance
only). The thermostat functions correctly even
when not level.
Fig. 2. Mounting the wallplate.
2. Use a pencil to mark the mounting holes. See
Fig. 1. Typical location of thermostat.
3. Remove the wallplate from the wall and drill two
3/16 in. holes in the wall (if drywall) as marked. For
firmer material such as plaster, drill two 7/32 in.
holes. Gently tap anchors (provided) into the drilled
holes until flush with the wall.
4. Position the wallplate over the holes, pulling wires
through the wiring opening.
5. Loosely insert the mounting screws into the holes.
6. Tighten mounting screws.
All wiring must comply with local electrical codes and
ordinances. Refer to Fig. 3 through 5 for typical hookups.
A letter code is located near each terminal for
Can cause electric shock and equipment
Disconnect power before beginning wiring.
1. Loosen the terminal screws on the wallplate and
connect the system wires. See Fig. 6.
POWER SUPPLY. PROVIDE DISCONNECT MEANS AND
OVERLOAD PROTECTION AS REQUIRED.
Fig. 3. Typical hookup in heat only application.