To reduce the risk of electric shock, replace bulbs with 12 volt H3 75
Safe Battery Disposal
Contains a maintenance-free, sealed, non-spillable, lead acid battery,
which must be disposed of properly. Recycling is required, contact your
local authority for information. Failure to comply with local, state and
federal regulations can result in fines, or imprisonment.
• Do not dispose of the battery in fire as this may result in an
• Before disposing of the battery, protect exposed terminals with
heavy-duty electrical tape to prevent shorting (shorting can result in
injury or fire).
• Do not expose battery to fire or intense heat as it may explode.
12 Volt DC Charging Adapter Plug Fuse Replacement
The fuse in the plug end of the 12 Volt DC Charging Adapter protects the adapter's
charging circuit. If the 120 Volt AC Charger operates, but the DC charging adapter
does not, then this fuse may be opened (blown).
To replace the fuse:
1. Unscrew the end cap of the DC plug (counterclockwise).
2. Remove spring center contact and fuse.
3. Check fuse with a continuity checker.
4. If blown, locate a replacement 8 amp/250 volt fuse.
5. Replace the fuse, spring, contact and end cap.
6. Screw end cap clockwise until it is finger tight – DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN.
7. Test for proper operation of the 12 Volt DC Charging Adapter.
No Battery Status Indicator LEDs Light When Charging
1. Check connection to the 120 Volt AC Charger or 12 Volt DC Charging Port.
2. Check connection to AC or DC power source.
3. Confirm there is a functioning AC or DC current.
BLACK DECKER ACCESSORIES
The Area Light is operating, but the Spotlight is not.
• SINGLE or TWIN must be selected on the Light Mode Switch and the Trigger
depressed to operate the Spotlight.
• The Spotlight will not operate while charging using the 120 volt AC method.
Be sure all extension cords are disconnected from the AC charger before Spotlight
use. (The Spotlight can be operated while charging using the 12 volt DC method.)
• If you suspect the bulb is blown, check the filament. If the filament is coiled and
unbroken, the bulb is not blown. If bulb is blown, replace it.
None of the lights are operating.
• The battery may be completely discharged. Charge the unit following the
directions on page 2.
Dual 12 volt, H3 series, 75 watt
Two maintenance-free, sealed lead acid,
6 volt, 6.0 amp hour
UL Listed, Class 2, 12 volt DC (300 mA)
DC Plug Fuse