Using the Built-In Workstand
Turn the Spotlight upside-down on a smooth even surface, and rest it on the
Using the Built-In Carry Lanyard
The Carry Lanyard may be used to store or carry the Spotlight. Adjust the slide on the
cords to keep the Lanyard secure around the supporting object.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
All batteries lose charge with time, especially when they are warm. Recharge the unit
every two months when not in frequent use, preferably using the 120 volt AC method.
Never submerge the unit in water. If the unit gets dirty, gently clean the outer surfaces of
the spotlight unit with a soft cloth moistened with a mild solution of water and detergent.
The quartz halogen bulb is the only user-replaceable part in the Spotlight. Periodically
inspect the condition of adapters, connectors and wires. Contact Technical Support toll-
free at (800) 618-5178 to replace any components that have become worn or broken.
Spotlight Bulb Replacement
To replace the bulb, you will need a small Phillips screwdriver and a 12 volt H3 75
watt replacement bulb. During installation, avoid touching the glass part of the bulb.
Bulb life may be shortened by installing a bulb with dirt or fingerprints on it. The bulb
can be wiped clean with a cloth moistened with alcohol.
RETAINING RING RUBBER
RUBBER GUARD COVER
1. Disconnect the unit from any charging adapters.
2. Push the rubber bezel forward toward the front of the spotlight to reveal two small
Phillips screws in the retaining ring.
3. Using the screwdriver, remove (counterclockwise) the two screws. Set them aside.
4. Lift off the retaining ring, glass lens and rubber "O" ring and set them aside.
5. Carefully remove the reflector and bulb assembly.
6. Disconnect the bulb wire from the red power wire.
7. Unsnap the hairpin retaining wires from the reflector's flange.
8. Using the screwdriver, loosen the retaining screw to remove the bulb from the
reflector (no need to completely remove this screw).
9. Lift out the bulb and detach wire.
10. Insert the replacement bulb into the reflector's flange.
11. Put back and secure the hairpin retaining wires.
12. Connect the bulb power wire to the red power wire.
13. Tighten the retaining screw on the flange.
14. Place the reflector in position in the body of the spotlight.
15. Replace the rubber "O" ring in the groove around the perimeter of the reflector.
16. Replace glass and retaining ring so the screw holes are aligned.
17. Secure retaining ring with two screws.
18. Replace rubber bezel.
19. Operate switch to ensure proper operation of spotlight.
To reduce the risk of electric shock, replace bulb with 12 volt H3 75
The battery should last the service life of the unit. Contact Technical Support toll-free
at (800) 618-5178 for any information you may need.
Safe Battery Disposal
Contains a maintenance-free, sealed, non-spillable, lead acid battery,
which must be disposed of properly. Recycling is required, contact your
local authority for information. Failure to comply with local, state and
federal regulations can result in fines, or imprisonment.
• Do not dispose of the battery in fire as this may result in an
• Before disposing of the battery, protect exposed terminals with
heavy-duty electrical tape to prevent shorting (shorting can result in
injury or fire).